Forums/Armchair-GM

Panarin and Barrie for RNH trade

Created by: rmaccallum
Team: 2019-20 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 6, 2019
Published: Apr. 6, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This obviously assumes the Ottawa pick is 3 or 4. Is this realistic at all for RNH? Feel like they might have to throw in their 3rd rounder to pull Puljujarvi as well. Obviously he's been a disappointment but still worth taking a chance on his potential imo
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
3$875,000
3$825,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$8,500,000
3$3,500,000
3$3,000,000
3$3,750,000
2$1,500,000
2$950,000
2$950,000
2$1,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,000,000
7$10,250,000
Trades
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,000,000$79,118,928$0$1,032,500$3,881,072

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
$10,250,000$10,250,000
LW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
RW, C
UFA - 6
$5,571,429$5,571,429
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA
$950,000$950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 2
$3,450,000$3,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RD
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 6, 2019 at 3:59 p.m.
AXR
Avs arent trading for a center
Apr. 6, 2019 at 4:03 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: russ02
Avs arent trading for a center

They should. They need one. They have no centres behind MacKinnon.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 4:04 p.m.
Banned
No. This isn't enough. It's basically Barrie for RNH (RNH is worth more). Then a couple spare parts for Puljujarvi. That's just not enough
Apr. 6, 2019 at 4:24 p.m.
Quoting: jonesryan
No. This isn't enough. It's basically Barrie for RNH (RNH is worth more). Then a couple spare parts for Puljujarvi. That's just not enough

I dont tihnk RNH is worth more its pretty fair. Barrie is one of the top offensive Dman in the league and is a RHS Dman that the Oilers desperate need. Nuge is a very good player but he is a strong 2C with Term.
Barrie is 27 with 1 year left Nuge is 25 with 2 years left. Both will be expensive to extend. Lets not pretend like Nuge isnt gone in 2 years or even 1 year if he doesn't want to extend in Edmonton next offseason.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 4:26 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: coga16
I dont tihnk RNH is worth more its pretty fair. Barrie is one of the top offensive Dman in the league and is a RHS Dman that the Oilers desperate need. Nuge is a very good player but he is a strong 2C with Term.
Barrie is 27 with 1 year left Nuge is 25 with 2 years left. Both will be expensive to extend. Lets not pretend like Nuge isnt gone in 2 years or even 1 year if he doesn't want to extend in Edmonton next offseason.

As much as RHD are coveted in today's game, centres are still move valuable. They control the pace of play more than a defender does
Apr. 6, 2019 at 4:33 p.m.
As much as RHD are coveted in today's game, centres are still move valuable. They control the pace of play more than a defender does

ugh what? They control the pace of play more than defenders do, this is such a generic without context comment. Are you aware of Tyson Barrie and how good he is at zone exits and entering the neutral and offensive zone with speed? I would say thats the opposite with an actual mobile puck moving Dman...something Edmonton really hasn't had before, might do wonders.
adamkaz23 liked this.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 4:40 p.m.
Banned
ugh what? They control the pace of play more than defenders do, this is such a generic without context comment. Are you aware of Tyson Barrie and how good he is at zone exits and entering the neutral and offensive zone with speed? I would say thats the opposite with an actual mobile puck moving Dman...something Edmonton really hasn't had before, might do wonders.

... & who controls when those happen? Centres do. Centres have to win faceoffs, if they don't the play goes more towards the other team directly from the start. Centres have to forecheck and create offence for their teams. Centres still have to be the forward back on the back-check and help the defence out down low just to get the puck out.. so yes. Centres control what happens more.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 4:42 p.m.
MK458
The fact that Barrie is an upcoming ufa makes him less valuable than nuge. Easy no from Edmonton
Bloodykisame liked this.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 4:45 p.m.
... & who controls when those happen? Centres do. Centres have to win faceoffs, if they don't the play goes more towards the other team directly from the start. Centres have to forecheck and create offence for their teams. Centres still have to be the forward back on the back-check and help the defence out down low just to get the puck out.. so yes. Centres control what happens more.

this is so silly...you are making a rationale general comment regardless of player, their skillset, or team system they play, he's a C therefore he dictates the pace of play. Hockey doesn't work like that my man.
Right Kyle Turris dictated the pace of play over Karlsson in Ottawa bc Turris was the C and karlsson was just a "Defender" do you see how silly and overly generalized your comment is. Its not one size fits all when it comes to players and their positions
Apr. 6, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.
Quoting: mk458
The fact that Barrie is an upcoming ufa makes him less valuable than nuge. Easy no from Edmonton

and Nuge has 2 years left of his contract before he walks or is traded with 1 year left bc he won't resign in Edmonton to go through that dumpster fire one more time. Nuge isnt some young player on a sweetheart deal anymore. Hes into pay and convince him to stay or trade him territory
Apr. 6, 2019 at 4:49 p.m.
Next Gen
if barrie had a 2 year deal he might pull of RNH but the fact he doesn't makes his value drop below this is way to avalanche Favorited deal. Not to mention how does this help edmonton rebuild because of their salary issues?
mk458 liked this.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 5:16 p.m.

I agree with this as a general statement, but like you said that’s not the case with Tyson Barrie vs RNH. Typically though, the centre is the most important position. But obviously there’s many exceptions. No one thinks Esposito carried the pace of play more than Bobby Orr did haha. Both of you guys made value points.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 5:42 p.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
I agree with this as a general statement, but like you said that’s not the case with Tyson Barrie vs RNH. Typically though, the centre is the most important position. But obviously there’s many exceptions. No one thinks Esposito carried the pace of play more than Bobby Orr did haha. Both of you guys made value points.

I get what he was trying to say but like you pointed out there are many exceptions. Cant just make a blanket statement without looking at Team, Player, Style.
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 5:51 p.m.
I get what he was trying to say but like you pointed out there are many exceptions. Cant just make a blanket statement without looking at Team, Player, Style.

Whatever happens on Monday will determine so much. If Colorado lands #1OA they probably wouldn’t be as interested in RNH. Mackinnon-Hughes 1/2 punch would be among the best in the league.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 5:55 p.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
Whatever happens on Monday will determine so much. If Colorado lands #1OA they probably wouldn’t be as interested in RNH. Mackinnon-Hughes 1/2 punch would be among the best in the league.

oh for sure, the avs could have landed a franchise altering gift from that Duchene trade if they are able to get 1st or even 2nd overall. Hughes/Kakko into the Avs line up next year, with Makar, the cap space to chase after a big fish like Panarin or Karlsson plus exploring a Barrie trade depending on what happens with the Sens pick and UFA target. Sakic has done a good job and been fortunate for everything to seem to be lining up perfectly for him
mhockey91 liked this.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 5:57 p.m.
That is one sick top line
rmaccallum liked this.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 6:01 p.m.
oh for sure, the avs could have landed a franchise altering gift from that Duchene trade if they are able to get 1st or even 2nd overall. Hughes/Kakko into the Avs line up next year, with Makar, the cap space to chase after a big fish like Panarin or Karlsson plus exploring a Barrie trade depending on what happens with the Sens pick and UFA target. Sakic has done a good job and been fortunate for everything to seem to be lining up perfectly for him

I think in a dream world they go after Panarin either way, and if they get 1st (Hughes) I'd try and do a Barrie for Nylander trade and if they get 2nd (Kaako) I'd try and do a Barrie for RNH trade. I know people don't want to trade Barrie with how he's been arguably the biggest reason aside from Grubauer they went on this playoff run down the stretch, but I'd argue his value is at an all time high and Makar is an obvious replacement. If they could pull of Panarin, Hughes/Kaako and Nylander/RNH they're immediately a cup contender next year and the years to come
Apr. 6, 2019 at 6:05 p.m.
Quoting: rmaccallum
I think in a dream world they go after Panarin either way, and if they get 1st (Hughes) I'd try and do a Barrie for Nylander trade and if they get 2nd (Kaako) I'd try and do a Barrie for RNH trade. I know people don't want to trade Barrie with how he's been arguably the biggest reason aside from Grubauer they went on this playoff run down the stretch, but I'd argue his value is at an all time high and Makar is an obvious replacement. If they could pull of Panarin, Hughes/Kaako and Nylander/RNH they're immediately a cup contender next year and the years to come

For me its if you should trade Barrie bc the right deal is there but dont feel obligated that you have to just bc "Makar is on the way". Barrie is awesome and if there is a way to keep him, you do whatever you can to do so, but logic says to move on as the team transitions into the younger core. Only move him if the right deal comes along this summer, in the last 5 years he is top 10 in league scoring for Dman...we are talking about surpassing guys like Subban, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Byfuglien, Hamilton, Giordano. HIs point production is among the best
Apr. 6, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.

I’ve always liked the avalanche. Loved Burnaby Joe. Such a fun player to watch though I only caught the tail end of his prime. Glad to see the sky is the limit in the mile high city once again. Definitely have the ability to build another dynasty if everything continues to line up well
Apr. 6, 2019 at 6:11 p.m.
For me its if you should trade Barrie bc the right deal is there but dont feel obligated that you have to just bc "Makar is on the way". Barrie is awesome and if there is a way to keep him, you do whatever you can to do so, but logic says to move on as the team transitions into the younger core. Only move him if the right deal comes along this summer, in the last 5 years he is top 10 in league scoring for Dman...we are talking about surpassing guys like Subban, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Byfuglien, Hamilton, Giordano. HIs point production is among the best

I agree with that but if you do sign a big free agent this summer it’s gonna be hard to sign Barrie to an extension depending what you give Mikko/Compher/Z/Kerfoot and then also resign Jost and Girard if either of them have the breakout I’m expecting next year, and you’d rather him not walk for nothing. Of course he seems to love it here and obviously is close with MacKinnon so tough decision either way
Apr. 6, 2019 at 6:19 p.m.
Quoting: rmaccallum
I agree with that but if you do sign a big free agent this summer it’s gonna be hard to sign Barrie to an extension depending what you give Mikko/Compher/Z/Kerfoot and then also resign Jost and Girard if either of them have the breakout I’m expecting next year, and you’d rather him not walk for nothing. Of course he seems to love it here and obviously is close with MacKinnon so tough decision either way

If you can get a Panarin, and it costs you having to trade a Compher or Kerfoot bc of cap space....thats not a bad thing. They arent going to be as good as Panarin but they are good young players who can give you a nice return. I dont see it as we have to keep everything and everyone at all times now bc in reality Avs now have a pipeline of prospects. You might not be able to keep Kerfoot, fine, you have Bowers, Kaut, Kakko etc on ELCs to step in. You could have a guy like kovalenko come over who seems to be a steal of a draft pick now.

I am not that worried about the cap space, but yes I do agree if you sign a big name UFA, barrie is more likely to be moved bc you cant afford to pay him. Points pay and he is one of the top point producers out there
rmaccallum liked this.
Apr. 6, 2019 at 8:45 p.m.
Banned
No way Panrin is signing in Colorado, He either signs with the Rangers or Panthers.
Apr. 7, 2019 at 1:08 p.m.

Barrie is basically a top 6 forward playing D!
Apr. 8, 2019 at 12:59 p.m.
AXR
They should. They need one. They have no centres behind MacKinnon.

jost, Kerfoot, maybe Hughes, and Kaut. 3 can still develop into a #2 center. Hughes could push Mack down to there, potentially. With lots of young guys to lock down doesn't make sense to trade away our best defenseman. Now if you traded another forward for RNH, then I might buy in.
Apr. 8, 2019 at 5:05 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: russ02
jost, Kerfoot, maybe Hughes, and Kaut. 3 can still develop into a #2 center. Hughes could push Mack down to there, potentially. With lots of young guys to lock down doesn't make sense to trade away our best defenseman. Now if you traded another forward for RNH, then I might buy in.

Jost and Kerfoot have struggled and there's no guarantee they'll bounce back. Hughes is a maybe, don't even know where the lottery pick is. & Kaut is a prospect. Avs need a legit 2C immediately that they know what he'll bring. RNH would be a great fit there. Plus Colorado has Makar and Timmins coming up pretty soon that can fill Barrie's spot. Use his value while you can

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll