SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Will women play in the NHL?

When will women play in the NHL?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 15, 2019 at 5:52 a.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
Okay, and I also can’t prove that Toronto maple leafs are gonna relocate next season. That’s how ridiculous this argument is.

Right. So stop making that your argument.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 24, 2019 at 12:39 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: mhockey91
Just cause gaudreau is short doesn’t mean he’s not strong lmao that is such a bad example. Buddy; women OLYMPIANS train against minor midget AAA teams and the games are competitive... if you’re saying that a women could one day join the NHL that’s the same as saying a 16 year old boy could. And I believe those games are non contact so if you include contact the AAA team would destroy them. It is PHYSICALLY impossible. Just to put this into perspective, one of the greatest women hockey player of all time, Hayley whickenhiser played in a D2 finish men’s league for 10 games and scored 0 points. That’s D2 finish hockey league and one of the best women of all time. Probably a step up from beer league. Zero chance any women steps foot in the NHL. Not being sexist, it’s just facts

Pretty far from beer league
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 24, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
Pretty far from beer league

Do you agree that women could play in the NHL?
Aug. 24, 2019 at 1:43 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

You know that runner in the Olympics that had a lot of testosterone, and was really fast? I think she was from the Kenya or something. Anyway, I think someone like that has a chance of playing AHL potentialy. Also, the second leauge in Finland is around ECHL level, and the swedish league that they were talking about is just below ECHL, so I don't know where they got "way below ECHL level".
I don't think any women will play regularly in the NHL, unless it is an emergency goalie. A woman will play in the all Star game in the future, as there is no physicality.
The problem of the Johnny hockey argument is, Johnny is really strong, just like any other short player, and one of the fastest in the league. The girl that skated in the fastest skater competition should have been on line with McDavid. If she wanted to play in the NHL, and be much stronger than she is already.
Aug. 24, 2019 at 1:53 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now

But no pro leauges have women other than women's leauges. So I don't think they will unless it's an emergency goalie
Aug. 25, 2019 at 8:53 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
You know that runner in the Olympics that had a lot of testosterone, and was really fast? I think she was from the Kenya or something. Anyway, I think someone like that has a chance of playing AHL potentialy. Also, the second leauge in Finland is around ECHL level, and the swedish league that they were talking about is just below ECHL, so I don't know where they got "way below ECHL level".
I don't think any women will play regularly in the NHL, unless it is an emergency goalie. A woman will play in the all Star game in the future, as there is no physicality.
The problem of the Johnny hockey argument is, Johnny is really strong, just like any other short player, and one of the fastest in the league. The girl that skated in the fastest skater competition should have been on line with McDavid. If she wanted to play in the NHL, and be much stronger than she is already.

Don't you have to be an NHLer to play in the NHL all-star game?
Aug. 25, 2019 at 8:53 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

And no female players are?
Aug. 25, 2019 at 8:54 a.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Don't you have to be an NHLer to play in the NHL all-star game?

I don't think so, but I'm sure that they will have someone sub in to show their equality
Aug. 25, 2019 at 6:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I don't think so, but I'm sure that they will have someone sub in to show their equality

Last i checked you have to be an NHLer to play in the all-star game ... that is, unless we see something like what happened with MacKinnon this year ... but that was in the skills competition.
SpaghettiPasta liked this.
Aug. 25, 2019 at 8:34 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Last i checked you have to be an NHLer to play in the all-star game ... that is, unless we see something like what happened with MacKinnon this year ... but that was in the skills competition.

Ok.
Aug. 26, 2019 at 11:34 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Ok.

I might be wrong, though.
Aug. 26, 2019 at 11:48 a.m.
torontos finest
i'd assume that we'd see a female goaltender before any other positions.
Aug. 26, 2019 at 11:51 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: mondo
i'd assume that we'd see a female goaltender before any other positions.

I doubt it. Goalies are often bigger. Maybe, though.
Aug. 26, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
I doubt it. Goalies are often bigger. Maybe, though.

The problem also is chemistry. Teams build their chemistry in the locker room, and men and women can't be in the same locker room
Aug. 26, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
The problem also is chemistry. Teams build their chemistry in the locker room, and men and women can't be in the same locker room

There are very few jobs that have locker room interactions. I assure you, it doesn't hinder inter-gender "chemistry", collaboration, and camaraderie.
I don't think not having the opportunity to dress and shower together would have the massively negative impact you think it would on these players who would be working together as well as traveling around the country together on an almost daily basis for 6-9 months of the year.
Aug. 26, 2019 at 3:13 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

And why not?
Aug. 26, 2019 at 3:14 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
And why not?

You are seriously asking that question.
DoctorBreakfast liked this.
Aug. 26, 2019 at 4:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
You are seriously asking that question.

Why is the locker room the big problem anyway? Make two locker rooms or something lol.
Aug. 26, 2019 at 4:47 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Why is the locker room the big problem anyway? Make two locker rooms or something lol.

Because the locker room is where you make friends with your teammates
Source: My brother who played JUNIOR A and semipro in Sweden His elite prospects
Aug. 26, 2019 at 4:50 p.m.
Because the locker room is where you make friends with your teammates
Source: My brother who played JUNIOR A and semipro in Sweden His elite prospects

It's getting a little weird how adamant you (and perhaps your family?) seem to be about the idea that nudity is a requirement to a productive relationship.
Aug. 26, 2019 at 4:59 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: Bflo_Soldier
It's getting a little weird how adamant you (and perhaps your family?) seem to be about the idea that nudity is a requirement to a productive relationship.

WTF nudity? No you mess around and get to know each other in the dressing room. Only finish people are like that
Aug. 26, 2019 at 5:04 p.m.
WTF nudity? No you mess around and get to know each other in the dressing room. Only finish people are like that

Oh, I see. It's not about nudity then.
So why can't women and men be in the same locker room? You didn't answer that before.
Also, since it's not because of the nudity: why is the dressing room the only place you're able to "mess around" and get to know each other?
Aug. 26, 2019 at 5:39 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Oh, I see. It's not about nudity then.
So why can't women and men be in the same locker room? You didn't answer that before.
Also, since it's not because of the nudity: why is the dressing room the only place you're able to "mess around" and get to know each other?

It's when you are around your teammates the most
And men and women can't be in the same locker room because of nudity
Aug. 26, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.
It's when you are around your teammates the most
And men and women can't be in the same locker room because of nudity

Oh. So it is about the nudity. You seemed confused by what I said earlier.

How much time, on average, would you estimate an NHL player spends showering and changing around games and practices?
And then how much time, on average, would you estimate an NHL player spends with teammates traveling, eating, hanging out, and playing or practicing?

I know for my job I spend a hell of a more time doing the latter with my coworkers than the 30 mins tops it takes me to get ready in the morning by myself.
Aug. 26, 2019 at 6:11 p.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Oh. So it is about the nudity. You seemed confused about what I said earlier.
How much time, on average, would you estimate an NHL player spends showering and changing around games and practices?
And then how much time, on average, would you estimate an NHL player spends with teammates traveling, eating, hanging out, and playing or practicing?

Well they get there before games 2 hours before,
And they take 5 minutes to get undressed 2:30 to shower
Before practice is what I'm talking about though.
Traveling and hanging out and getting to know each other depends on when in the locker room they already had.
I thought you meant that I thought that nudity was how they bonded lol.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit