Forums/Armchair-GM

Trade with Leafs

Created by: GenXHockey
Team: 2019-20 Carolina Hurricanes
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 9, 2018
Published: Sep. 9, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Outlandish yes... would you make the trade? In this universe sparks is taking the #1 spot in Toronto. I thought it would be too easy to say yes so I added a first.

On a side note I didn’t resign all of your rfas just the ones I deemed necessary. I also decided to help you out at centre but wouldn’t mind some feed back. I’m really liking that second line with the kids, think it could do some damage. Using the third line to pair against tougher assignments to be your shut down guys. Any thoughts on that? Anyone I missed you feel would be in the lineup?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$7,000,000
6$6,750,000
2$2,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$7,500,000
Trades
CAR
  1. Pageau, Jean-Gabriel
Additional Details:
Matt Duchene 18/19 trade
OTT
  1. Rask, Victor
  2. Roy, Nicolas
Additional Details:
2019 1st
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,000,000$73,776,665$0$4,272,500$8,223,335
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
UFA - 5
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RW, C
UFA - 7
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$675,000$675,000
LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
UFA - 2
$746,667$746,667 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$811,666$811,666 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, C
UFA - 2
$745,000$745,000 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
UFA - 6
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,150,000$4,150,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 9, 2018 at 5:13 p.m.
Big John T
You should change the title to "Canes sign Matt Duchene for 6x$7.5"
Sep. 9, 2018 at 5:17 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: tatatavares
You should change the title to "Canes sign Matt Duchene for 6x$7.5"

No it was a trade I threw in the year before canes need two pieces I figure to be a playoff team, a #1c and goaltending.
Sep. 9, 2018 at 5:21 p.m.
Goalies doesn't hold that kinda value. Andersen was drafted by canes and refused to sign with em. Hard to see him waiving from tml to canes.
Sep. 9, 2018 at 5:29 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Jutila
Goalies doesn't hold that kinda value. Andersen was drafted by canes and refused to sign with em. Hard to see him waiving from tml to canes.

He only has an 8 team no trade list. Like I said this is not a realistic trade was just wondering what the feedback would be. How many seasons of missing the playoffs under darling before getting a legit starter in their prime starts to hold value?

Also, any comments on the lines?
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 9, 2018 at 5:50 p.m.
U can have Faulk + sarcasm I wouldn't get too desperate over goalie unless Darling Mrazek duo completely **** the bed next year.

Foegele and prolly Wallmark over Kuokka and Pu.
Sep. 9, 2018 at 5:53 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
U can have Faulk + sarcasm I wouldn't get too desperate over goalie unless Darling Mrazek duo completely **** the bed next year.

Foegele and prolly Wallmark over Kuokka and Pu.

I guess I really didn’t mention that in my explanation but yeah, your team has a repeat of last year in net.

I was wondering about switching that 4th line, I will fix it.

Ummmm... we want Faulk less than you do lol. Just checking in on the love affair with pesce really lol.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 9, 2018 at 6:13 p.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
I guess I really didn’t mention that in my explanation but yeah, your team has a repeat of last year in net.

Ummmm... we want Faulk less than you do lol. Just checking in on the love affair with pesce really lol.

Haha tears of joy

Yeah idk..just can't to see Waddel using Pesce to get goalie.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 9, 2018 at 8:03 p.m.
Haha tears of joy

Yeah idk..just can't to see Waddel using Pesce to get goalie.

Pesce is part of the best shut down pairing in the league he shouldn’t be used to get anyone. Also I’d do Kuokka and Foegele over Walmark he could be a really good 2C behind Necas when Staal is gone or starts to slow down.

As much as you dislike Faulk for some misplaced reason he’d be the second best D man in either Toronto end. He’s a massive upgrade for you. Pesce holds equal value to Andersen for me so the first rounder is bulls*** but I suppose that’s why you are testing the water. I seriously suggest looking at hockey reference and the Hurricanes team defensive stats. It will surprise you just how good Faulk is and how untouchable Pesce is
Sep. 9, 2018 at 8:27 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Caniac2000
Pesce is part of the best shut down pairing in the league he shouldn’t be used to get anyone. Also I’d do Kuokka and Foegele over Walmark he could be a really good 2C behind Necas when Staal is gone or starts to slow down.

As much as you dislike Faulk for some misplaced reason he’d be the second best D man in either Toronto end. He’s a massive upgrade for you. Pesce holds equal value to Andersen for me so the first rounder is bulls*** but I suppose that’s why you are testing the water. I seriously suggest looking at hockey reference and the Hurricanes team defensive stats. It will surprise you just how good Faulk is and how untouchable Pesce is

Guys love their own players, I’m guilty of it too. But if the right oppotunity comes along you have to put that aside. A goalie in his prime that would bring your team into the playoffs over a declining older goalie that you may be able to pick up at a steeper price in ufa.

So if Faulk is so great in his own end and puts up so many more points than pesce... why is Faulk the one on the block? Why is he not the untouchable one. If you think about that for a bit you will start to see the bias you have.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 10, 2018 at 12:08 p.m.
Guys love their own players, I’m guilty of it too. But if the right oppotunity comes along you have to put that aside. A goalie in his prime that would bring your team into the playoffs over a declining older goalie that you may be able to pick up at a steeper price in ufa.

So if Faulk is so great in his own end and puts up so many more points than pesce... why is Faulk the one on the block? Why is he not the untouchable one. If you think about that for a bit you will start to see the bias you have.

Pesce and Faulk aren’t comparable. Pesce is a shutdown D strictly. Faulk is an offensive dynamo. Faulk is on the block because Dougie is just better EVERYWHERE. He won’t play 3rd pair minutes and he isn’t any good on his offside. He makes sense as the one to go. There is no bias here. I as I stated am basing my arguments off of facts and statistics from hockey reference. When you understand that, you can drop any prior feelings for Faulk and properly judge him
Sep. 10, 2018 at 12:10 p.m.

As for Andersen he’s a league average goalie, that’s what his game by game numbers from ESPN suggest. Pesce is a 1RD. And a first is just wayyy too much
Sep. 10, 2018 at 12:23 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Pesce and Faulk aren’t comparable. Pesce is a shutdown D strictly. Faulk is an offensive dynamo. Faulk is on the block because Dougie is just better EVERYWHERE. He won’t play 3rd pair minutes and he isn’t any good on his offside. He makes sense as the one to go. There is no bias here. I as I stated am basing my arguments off of facts and statistics from hockey reference. When you understand that, you can drop any prior feelings for Faulk and properly judge him

Think you’re making my point.. Toronto needs a shut down guy like I said before. You’re trying to pass Faulk off as great in both ends. If this were true then I think you could see why pesce would be easier to let go. We don’t need a Faulk, we would rather have a pesce.

I think Faulk asking price is fairly low for what he is and it appears the leafs have already passed.

And yes the first is just thrown in there to make it more difficult. I would think that Anderson for pesce would fit your team too easy.

I would think with your cap space and assets you could find a suitable replacement, maybe even EK. Think ek and Andersen with the fire power you have could make for a surprisingly good team in what I consider a diminished metro division.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 10, 2018 at 12:35 p.m.
Think you’re making my point.. Toronto needs a shut down guy like I said before. You’re trying to pass Faulk off as great in both ends. If this were true then I think you could see why pesce would be easier to let go. We don’t need a Faulk, we would rather have a pesce.

I think Faulk asking price is fairly low for what he is and it appears the leafs have already passed.

And yes the first is just thrown in there to make it more difficult. I would think that Anderson for pesce would fit your team too easy.

I would think with your cap space and assets you could find a suitable replacement, maybe even EK. Think ek and Andersen with the fire power you have could make for a surprisingly good team in what I consider a diminished metro division.

You want a Pesce but for someone like Pesce it’s ginnna cost you one of the big 4. He’s top 3 RH shut down D men in the league. You don’t wanna match the price so you cannot have him. Faulk is good in both zones not great. You want someone who can move the puck and defend. Faulk can do that. Pesce only defends because Slavin can move man and mountain alike.

The point of a trade is that it works for both teams so the first wouldn’t happen, ever.
The leafs haven’t enquirer. He has a NTC and would waive for that Toronto team. To waive he has to sign the paperwork and that would be released like everyone else (Skinner had a NMC that’s different) Toronto won’t pass on who would be their 2nd best D man, and if he is the Faulk of usual seasons, he might even be the best. Pool underrate him so drastically

Right for Pesce, you are losing one of the big 4 because he is EXACTLY what you need and not having hurts you a lot. It was clear in the playoffs. Faulk is the reasonable asking price and in addition to the first it works, or Carolina would take Kapanen and Sparks
Sep. 10, 2018 at 1:18 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
You want a Pesce but for someone like Pesce it’s ginnna cost you one of the big 4. He’s top 3 RH shut down D men in the league. You don’t wanna match the price so you cannot have him. Faulk is good in both zones not great. You want someone who can move the puck and defend. Faulk can do that. Pesce only defends because Slavin can move man and mountain alike.

The point of a trade is that it works for both teams so the first wouldn’t happen, ever.
The leafs haven’t enquirer. He has a NTC and would waive for that Toronto team. To waive he has to sign the paperwork and that would be released like everyone else (Skinner had a NMC that’s different) Toronto won’t pass on who would be their 2nd best D man, and if he is the Faulk of usual seasons, he might even be the best. Pool underrate him so drastically

Right for Pesce, you are losing one of the big 4 because he is EXACTLY what you need and not having hurts you a lot. It was clear in the playoffs. Faulk is the reasonable asking price and in addition to the first it works, or Carolina would take Kapanen and Sparks

Yup that’s a no, look how well the hall trade panned out lol. Too much of an asking price. A goalie is just what your team needs. Even with your spectacular defence you still allowed 24 more goals than the leafs did last season. So if we have a middle of the road goalie than our defence must be pretty good to finish 11th overall in goals against.

I’m pretty realistic about the whole trade because I’m not in a panic to upgrade our blue line. I think if our defence is in the top third for goals against this season our offence can bring it home. This is probably why i’m not jumping at Faulk. If it’s not the right fit it’s probably not a good move at this point.

I will take the first out though... that was mainly just for my own amusement lol.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Sep. 10, 2018 at 1:21 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
One other small note Freddy only has an 8 team trade list, you may or may not be on it.
Sep. 10, 2018 at 1:56 p.m.
Yup that’s a no, look how well the hall trade panned out lol. Too much of an asking price. A goalie is just what your team needs. Even with your spectacular defence you still allowed 24 more goals than the leafs did last season. So if we have a middle of the road goalie than our defence must be pretty good to finish 11th overall in goals against.

I’m pretty realistic about the whole trade because I’m not in a panic to upgrade our blue line. I think if our defence is in the top third for goals against this season our offence can bring it home. This is probably why i’m not jumping at Faulk. If it’s not the right fit it’s probably not a good move at this point.

I will take the first out though... that was mainly just for my own amusement lol.

This isn’t the hall trade. You are trading for the 1RD in Pesce on the deepest blue line in the league. He is a solidified shutdown D man and Carolina will add because obviously Pesce isn’t that good in the offensive zone, he’s primarily a shut down D man, Toronto forking over one of the big 4 to solidify the blue line is well worth it. You not jumping a5 Faulk May very well be a mistake, he has a 2years contract that’s easy to move, if he wants to go to that team, E.G Minnesota (where he’s from)Andersen was a Carolina draft pick people forget and he refused to sign. He isn’t going to suddenly change his mind. Carol8na say no to moving a top 5 Right handed shut down D man in the league for a goalie that once didn’t wanna sign with them, and probably reject anything that doesn’t result in an A+ goalie like Bob, or a 1C like Seguin coming back he other way
Sep. 10, 2018 at 3:37 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Really strong ideas. I particularly love the inclusion of Pageau in the Ottawa transaction, because goodness knows the Hurricanes are fatally weak at center right now. Putting Aho in there is just a desperation move. I think Necas may end the year on the second line, but for his sake, I hope they start him out on #4.
GenXHockey liked this.
Sep. 11, 2018 at 3:58 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Really strong ideas. I particularly love the inclusion of Pageau in the Ottawa transaction, because goodness knows the Hurricanes are fatally weak at center right now. Putting Aho in there is just a desperation move. I think Necas may end the year on the second line, but for his sake, I hope they start him out on #4.

Would't call it desperation move. They have said it long time ago that in the future they view Aho as a center. I think he has shown enough to get the shot.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll