Published: Jun. 3, 2018 at 3:51 a.m.
Jun. 3, 2018 at 11:42 a.m.
This is not serious
I'm guessing this is a joke
Jun. 3, 2018 at 1:10 p.m.
GoCanada
Quoting: Benning_is_a_genius
I'm guessing this is a joke

Tell me a pick that doesn’t make sense, i watched player interviews and teams that took players to dinner at the scouting combine. For #1-16 it is Guaranteed to go my way,#16-32 is 50/50 if a team decides to go off the chart, #32-43 is so, so
Jun. 3, 2018 at 1:47 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
Quoting: jassan28
Tell me a pick that doesn’t make sense, i watched player interviews and teams that took players to dinner at the scouting combine. For #1-16 it is Guaranteed to go my way,#16-32 is 50/50 if a team decides to go off the chart, #32-43 is so, so

MTL took Kotkaniemi to dinner... I'm pretty sure they're taking him. The question is to know if they're going to trade down, acquire another top 12 pick or simply take him at 3.
Jun. 3, 2018 at 1:49 p.m.
GoCanada
Quoting: math731
MTL took Kotkaniemi to dinner... I'm pretty sure they're taking him. The question is to know if they're going to trade down, acquire another top 12 pick or simply take him at 3.

I didn't account trading down or trading the pick in my mock, but that would be ok, Zadina is WAY better
Jun. 3, 2018 at 1:50 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
I didn't account trading down or trading the pick in my mock, but that would be ok, Zadina is WAY better

Zadina isn't way better than him... You might think that if you look at the stats. Keep in mind that Kotkaniemi is 8 months younger and that he was playing in the Liiga.
Jun. 3, 2018 at 1:53 p.m.
GoCanada
Zadina isn't way better than him... You might think that if you look at the stats. Keep in mind that Kotkaniemi is 8 months younger and that he was playing in the Liiga.

Kotkaniemi is a development project, it's like he can turn into Kopitar if develop in a elite fashion with exceptional trainer, Zadina is ready and experienced to walk in and score goals at a high pace, we know what we are getting with Zadina, not with Kotkaniemi.
Jun. 3, 2018 at 2:05 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
Kotkaniemi is a development project, it's like he can turn into Kopitar if develop in a elite fashion with exceptional trainer, Zadina is ready and experienced to walk in and score goals at a high pace, we know what we are getting with Zadina, not with Kotkaniemi.

The problem is that MTL want to take the player that will be the best one in 5 years, not next season. You should go watch the interview that Timmins gave yesterday at the combine... Pretty interesting. Even if he takes 2-3 years to develop, if Kotkaniemi is seen as a 1C guy that will put 70-80 points per year, MTL will take him. Zadina could score 25 goals right next season while adding 60 pts, but he still a winger, which we already have.
Jun. 3, 2018 at 2:20 p.m.
GoCanada
The problem is that MTL want to take the player that will be the best one in 5 years, not next season. You should go watch the interview that Timmins gave yesterday at the combine... Pretty interesting. Even if he takes 2-3 years to develop, if Kotkaniemi is seen as a 1C guy that will put 70-80 points per year, MTL will take him. Zadina could score 25 goals right next season while adding 60 pts, but he still a winger, which we already have.

Trade Zadina for a Center??? He'll be really good like a sniper and can be traded for a good center
Jun. 3, 2018 at 3:39 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
You're first 9 are correct, IMO, but I have Wahlstrom to Vancouver, Bouchard to Chicago, and Dobson to New York. I find it very hard to believe that Barrett Hayton goes ahead of Veleno, Kotkaniemi, and Farabee though.
Jun. 3, 2018 at 7:48 p.m.
I like Smith. Just not enough that he should be taken over either Kotkaniemi or Farabee
Jun. 3, 2018 at 7:51 p.m.
GoCanada
Quoting: oilnate
I like Smith. Just not enough that he should be taken over either Kotkaniemi or Farabee

Honestly, at least one person understand that Ty Smith shouldn't get drafted by the Oilers, tell that to Chiarelli as he took Smith to Dinner at Royal LePage Palace at Buffalo and discussed player styles. Source: I know a scout that was at the Draft Combine.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll