Published: Apr. 3, 2018 at 8:18 p.m.
Description
Because of this lottery order this is what i believe could be the outcome
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators
  2. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes
  3. Logo of the New York IslandersNew York Islanders
Apr. 3, 2018 at 9:23 p.m.
pretty sure zadina would go before tkachuk. and kotkaniemi will go higher as well. maybe even whalstrom
Apr. 3, 2018 at 11:03 p.m.
Kings guru
I know Arizona needs defense, but not THAT badly that they'd skip over Svechnikov and Zadina to pick Boqvist
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:50 p.m.
ChrisT30
Edited Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:58 p.m.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:54 p.m.
ChrisT30
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
pretty sure zadina would go before tkachuk. and kotkaniemi will go higher as well. maybe even whalstrom

I dont see Wahlstrom going any higher than 6th and in my opinion i think Tkachuk is going before Zadina but at the end of the day i think it comes down to the draft order and what teams are needing.
Apr. 4, 2018 at 4:58 p.m.
ChrisT30
Quoting: MT_11
I know Arizona needs defense, but not THAT badly that they'd skip over Svechnikov and Zadina to pick Boqvist

i agree but i see Arizona trading down a couple of spots to draft a D especially if there not %100 OEL is gonna re-sign next summer
Apr. 4, 2018 at 7:12 p.m.
Kings guru
Quoting: christ30
i agree but i see Arizona trading down a couple of spots to draft a D especially if there not %100 OEL is gonna re-sign next summer

Could definitely see a trade down happening yep. I could maybe (but unlikely still) see Zadina get dropped to 4th if AZ gets the 3rd pick
Apr. 4, 2018 at 7:19 p.m.
Kings guru

Depends on draft needs. Zadina is a well-rounded offensive player. Tkachuk is a gritty power forward. Most teams picking in the top part will be needing Zadina in my opinion but who knows. Whalstrom is good but he's the #4 forward to me
Apr. 5, 2018 at 12:20 p.m.
Depends on draft needs. Zadina is a well-rounded offensive player. Tkachuk is a gritty power forward. Most teams picking in the top part will be needing Zadina in my opinion but who knows. Whalstrom is good but he's the #4 forward to me

whalstrom is 3rd to matthews and eichel in ushl goals per game. imo he'll be the highest riser. i agree on ur assessment of zadina vs tkachuk.
Apr. 5, 2018 at 1:21 p.m.
Kings guru
whalstrom is 3rd to matthews and eichel in ushl goals per game. imo he'll be the highest riser. i agree on ur assessment of zadina vs tkachuk.

Overall the CHL and NCAA are generally accepted as being the better leagues than the USHL in terms of competitiveness, especially because the CHL is 16-20 and NCAA is 18+ versus the average players in the USHL only being 17-18. I think what definitely gives Zadina the biggest edge is his performance at the WJC. Wahlstrom is still very close behind though don’t get me wrong
Price_is_the_goat liked this.
Apr. 5, 2018 at 7:13 p.m.
Overall the CHL and NCAA are generally accepted as being the better leagues than the USHL in terms of competitiveness, especially because the CHL is 16-20 and NCAA is 18+ versus the average players in the USHL only being 17-18. I think what definitely gives Zadina the biggest edge is his performance at the WJC. Wahlstrom is still very close behind though don’t get me wrong

i agree with you. imo it'll come down to svechnikov or zadina as 2nd overall. but i kinda understand with ur statement as to why teams have tkachuk ranked higher then whalstrom.
Apr. 5, 2018 at 7:47 p.m.
Kings guru
i agree with you. imo it'll come down to svechnikov or zadina as 2nd overall. but i kinda understand with ur statement as to why teams have tkachuk ranked higher then whalstrom.

Top 5 forwards in this draft are without a doubt:

1. Andrei Svechnikov
2. Filip Zadina
3. Brady Tkachuk
4. Oliver Wahlstrom
5. Likely Farabee or Kupari but still up for debate

NHL scout rankings mean nothing as to where someone is actually drafted. Example as soon as 2017 is Klim Kostin, ranked #1 European player going into the draft. Was drafted 31st overall
Apr. 5, 2018 at 8:13 p.m.
Top 5 forwards in this draft are without a doubt:

1. Andrei Svechnikov
2. Filip Zadina
3. Brady Tkachuk
4. Oliver Wahlstrom
5. Likely Farabee or Kupari but still up for debate

NHL scout rankings mean nothing as to where someone is actually drafted. Example as soon as 2017 is Klim Kostin, ranked #1 European player going into the draft. Was drafted 31st overall

what do you think of kotkaniemi?
Apr. 5, 2018 at 8:38 p.m.
Kings guru
what do you think of kotkaniemi?

I've heard many good things but really can't give an opinion because I'm not all that familiar with him. Reminds me of Aleksi Heponiemi based on what I've seen/heard
Price_is_the_goat liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll