Forums/Armchair-GM

Cap for next year has been released

Created by: DJSums17
Team: 2018-19 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 6, 2018
Published: Mar. 6, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Once season starts, Horton gets put on LTIR and Leafs bring up rookies like Johnsson, Bracco, Ozhiganov, and/or Borgman

No Tavares but we get Carlson
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
2$925,000
4$5,500,000
3$975,000
3$975,000
2$975,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$925,000
2$925,000
Ozhiganov, Igor
2$950,000
Carryover, Salary
1$5,000,000
Bonuses, Salary
1$3,750,000
1$2,000,000
1$2,000,000
6$7,750,000
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$77,200,000$79,520,833$2,550,000$3,700,000-$2,320,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW
UFA
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$7,750,000$7,750,000
RD
UFA - 8
$850,000$850,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
Carryover, Salary
$5,000,000$5,000,000
Bonuses, Salary
$3,750,000$3,750,000

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 6, 2018 at 7:19 p.m.
the Sedins aren't leaving Vancouver, especially not for two million. and again I ask what is your source for this supposed releasing of the cap number that is less than the minimum Bettman gave in December?
Mar. 6, 2018 at 7:28 p.m.
Quoting: hpatton
the Sedins aren't leaving Vancouver, especially not for two million. and again I ask what is your source for this supposed releasing of the cap number that is less than the minimum Bettman gave in December?

It wasn't Friedge, I can't find it now, I seen it yesterday.

As for Sedins, I don't actually expect Leafs to sign the Sedins it was just "revenge" for Canucks signing Sundin.
I expect Bozak and /or Plekanec back (personally prefer Plekanec) to fill the 4C spot or if Babs keeps Nylander with Matthews then maybe both.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 8:49 p.m.
Connor
Let me know if you remember we’re u seen it I’d love to know cuz this is the first I’ve heard of it
Mar. 6, 2018 at 9:17 p.m.
Quoting: DJSums17
It wasn't Friedge, I can't find it now, I seen it yesterday.

As for Sedins, I don't actually expect Leafs to sign the Sedins it was just "revenge" for Canucks signing Sundin.
I expect Bozak and /or Plekanec back (personally prefer Plekanec) to fill the 4C spot or if Babs keeps Nylander with Matthews then maybe both.

The 2018-19 cap has not been released, but will (as Bettman said) be between $78M-$82M. Go ahead, search long and hard for that Twitter account with 34 followers who dealt the Insiderrrr info.

Oh, and Plekanec said immediately after being traded that he and Bergevin have set the parameters for a return to MTL. Thanks for the pick and prospects smile
DJSums17 liked this.
Mar. 6, 2018 at 11:45 p.m.
Quoting: StuTheSniper
The 2018-19 cap has not been released, but will (as Bettman said) be between $78M-$82M. Go ahead, search long and hard for that Twitter account with 34 followers who dealt the Insiderrrr info.

Oh, and Plekanec said immediately after being traded that he and Bergevin have set the parameters for a return to MTL. Thanks for the pick and prospects smile

No problem thanks for our C depth
Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:16 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

Only a Habs fan would think Rychel is a prospect. Valiev had fallen to the 4th best young prospect Dman with the Marlies. But if they are starters with Montreal, it shows how poor the Habs depth is.
DJSums17 liked this.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:35 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
Only a Habs fan would think Rychel is a prospect. Valiev had fallen to the 4th best young prospect Dman with the Marlies. But if they are starters with Montreal, it shows how poor the Habs depth is.

When you suck for so long like the Leafs have, you're bound to accumulate a decent number of prospects. Where Rychel and Valiev fall in the Leafs pool is irrelevant to the Habs, who have a slimmer prospect cupboard after a decade of (more or less) contending.

Saying Rychel isn't a prospect tells me all I need to know about this LongtimeLaffsufferer... perhaps the suffering went on a little too long and there's some permanent damage there. It's funny to note that Rychel had an upward trend until this season, his 2nd in the Laffs org. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Seems like both prospects were ready to move on. Valiev was one of the few Habs D who weren't terrible last night. Rychel's worked quite well in Laval so far, and will likely get a callup before season's end. I see him wreaking havoc on a 4th line with Deslauriers.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 8:50 a.m.
When you suck for so long like the Leafs have, you're bound to accumulate a decent number of prospects. Where Rychel and Valiev fall in the Leafs pool is irrelevant to the Habs, who have a slimmer prospect cupboard after a decade of (more or less) contending.

Saying Rychel isn't a prospect tells me all I need to know about this LongtimeLaffsufferer... perhaps the suffering went on a little too long and there's some permanent damage there. It's funny to note that Rychel had an upward trend until this season, his 2nd in the Laffs org. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Seems like both prospects were ready to move on. Valiev was one of the few Habs D who weren't terrible last night. Rychel's worked quite well in Laval so far, and will likely get a callup before season's end. I see him wreaking havoc on a 4th line with Deslauriers.

You said something very true in all of that. "Where Rychel and Valiev fall in the Leafs pool is irrelevant to the Habs, who have a slimmer prospect cupboard after a decade of (more or less) contending."

When we made the trade we traded from a position of strength yet we lost the trade and still overpayed. The fact that we had an abundance of all 3 things (LHD, LW, and picks) shouldn't bring down the value of those players/picks. 2/3 should've been plenty to get Plekanec. An aging UFA rental who has a deal in place to go back to the organization. As for the players, what you described them as I agree. Rychel can be a stabilizer on a good 4th line and Valiev just needs to play to prove himself. The Habs did REALLY well in this trade. Leafs definitely lost
Mar. 7, 2018 at 9:36 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Edited Mar. 7, 2018 at 9:48 a.m.
You said something very true in all of that. "Where Rychel and Valiev fall in the Leafs pool is irrelevant to the Habs, who have a slimmer prospect cupboard after a decade of (more or less) contending."

When we made the trade we traded from a position of strength yet we lost the trade and still overpayed. The fact that we had an abundance of all 3 things (LHD, LW, and picks) shouldn't bring down the value of those players/picks. 2/3 should've been plenty to get Plekanec. An aging UFA rental who has a deal in place to go back to the organization. As for the players, what you described them as I agree. Rychel can be a stabilizer on a good 4th line and Valiev just needs to play to prove himself. The Habs did REALLY well in this trade. Leafs definitely lost

Just saying. Teams don't support AHL teams for the purpose of filling out their 50 man roster. They have an AHL teams so they can develop player prospects that can be NHL players.
Don't know how you can say the Leafs lost the deal. Rychel was on waivers last fall, no takers. He was the a third line winger with the Marlies, and you expect him to a 4th liner with the Habs. Wow, how sad
There were five first rounders traded at the TDL. Come June, unless one of those teams get to the Cup final, they will be lots of disappointed teams.
A second rounder (Plekanec) seemed to the going rate. Leafs made the trade as an upgrade over Moore, and to give the Leafs a total of five NHL centres going into playoffs. Leafs don't have any NHL centres in the AHL. And with Matthews injured, kinda needed an addition centre now.
And what so special about Plekanec having deal in place next year with Montreal? Habs are a bottom 10 team with their current players, including a big raise for Price. Lot of money invested in a lot of middling players. How Habs break into the top 8 into Eastern Conference will be impossible with their current group of prospects and you think Rychel making the Habs makes the team a playoff team?shakes head

Where Rychel and Valiev fall in the Leafs pool is irrelevant to the Habs, who have a slimmer prospect cupboard after a decade of (more or less) contending."

I suggest you check the facts. Since the lock out season. There has been 12 seasons.....Montreal has finished out of the playoffs 3 times and have won 6 playoff rounds. Hardly contenders. This will season 13. You can't blame a slim prospect pool on constantly selecting at the bottom of the first round.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 10:09 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
Just saying. Teams don't support AHL teams for the purpose of filling out their 50 man roster. They have an AHL teams so they can develop player prospects that can be NHL players.
Don't know how you can say the Leafs lost the deal. Rychel was on waivers last fall, no takers. He was the a third line winger with the Marlies, and you expect him to a 4th liner with the Habs. Wow, how sad
There were five first rounders traded at the TDL. Come June, unless one of those teams get to the Cup final, they will be lots of disappointed teams.
A second rounder (Plekanec) seemed to the going rate. Leafs made the trade as an upgrade over Moore, and to give the Leafs a total of five NHL centres going into playoffs. Leafs don't have any NHL centres in the AHL. And with Matthews injured, kinda needed an addition centre now.
And what so special about Plekanec having deal in place next year with Montreal? Habs are a bottom 10 team with their current players, including a big raise for Price. Lot of money invested in a lot of middling players. How Habs break into the top 8 into Eastern Conference will be impossible with their current group of prospects and you think Rychel making the Habs makes the team a playoff team?shakes head

Where Rychel and Valiev fall in the Leafs pool is irrelevant to the Habs, who have a slimmer prospect cupboard after a decade of (more or less) contending."

I suggest you check the facts. Since the lock out season. There has been 12 seasons.....Montreal has finished out of the playoffs 3 times and have won 6 playoff rounds. Hardly contenders. This will season 13. You can't blame a slim prospect pool on constantly selecting at the bottom of the first round.

Where did I say Rychel makes them a playoff team? And I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say we have a lot of money invested in middling players. Alzner is probably the only bad contract on the team. Everyone else I would consider to be on good/fair contracts, not to mention we have more youth than people realize on the team right now. Galch, Drouin, Gallagher & Danault (G are the obvious ones, but Hudon, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Mete, Juulsen, JDLR, Reilly are only getting better. Add in a high draft position this year, potentially $18M in cap space to work with this offseason and the Habs aren't in as terrible a position as casual fans and mainstream media like to insist.

And we absolutely were contenders in many seasons over the last 10 years, or even 12 years if you wish. The Capitals aren't known for being playoff performers, but they're still contenders going into every season. Like it or not, Montreal has put together some strong teams over the last decade, finishing at or near the top of the league, barring seasons where we've had injuries to key players. You might wanna check the probability of prospects selected beyond 25th overall making the NHL. The odds are slim, and your prospect pool will absolutely take a hit. That's the point of this draft structure. Constantly being pulled towards the middle.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 11:51 a.m.
Where did I say Rychel makes them a playoff team? And I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say we have a lot of money invested in middling players. Alzner is probably the only bad contract on the team. Everyone else I would consider to be on good/fair contracts, not to mention we have more youth than people realize on the team right now. Galch, Drouin, Gallagher & Danault (G are the obvious ones, but Hudon, Lehkonen, Scherbak, Mete, Juulsen, JDLR, Reilly are only getting better. Add in a high draft position this year, potentially $18M in cap space to work with this offseason and the Habs aren't in as terrible a position as casual fans and mainstream media like to insist.

And we absolutely were contenders in many seasons over the last 10 years, or even 12 years if you wish. The Capitals aren't known for being playoff performers, but they're still contenders going into every season. Like it or not, Montreal has put together some strong teams over the last decade, finishing at or near the top of the league, barring seasons where we've had injuries to key players. You might wanna check the probability of prospects selected beyond 25th overall making the NHL. The odds are slim, and your prospect pool will absolutely take a hit. That's the point of this draft structure. Constantly being pulled towards the middle.

It's not where you draft it's how you draft. Lilegren was a 17th overall pick. Komorov was a late round pick, Brown who has been one of our best consistent player this year (and last) was a 6th round pick. Yegor Koroskov is going to be a great prospect, he's 2nd round pick.

As for the bad contracts, there's Price who hasn't even kicked in yet, Weber who is definitely not worth that money anymore, Petry is a bad contract too.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 12:01 p.m.
It's not where you draft it's how you draft. Lilegren was a 17th overall pick. Komorov was a late round pick, Brown who has been one of our best consistent player this year (and last) was a 6th round pick. Yegor Koroskov is going to be a great prospect, he's 2nd round pick.

As for the bad contracts, there's Price who hasn't even kicked in yet, Weber who is definitely not worth that money anymore, Petry is a bad contract too.

It is absolutely where you draft. Bergevin and Timmins have done a decent job landing McCarron, Scherbak, Juulsen and Poehling at 25/26, but there's not much surefire NHL talent left at that point in the draft. Look up the numbers for yourself. You're more likely to pick an AHLer than an NHLer by that point in the draft.

It's obvious you haven't seen many Habs games this year. I saw a poll of 500 NHLers released just this morning saying players still consider Price the hardest goalie to score against, and only Crosby, McDavid and Kane are harder to play against than Weber. Those are two ELITE talents who are absolutely worth the money. And Petry is on a whole other level since Weber's been injured. He's playing like a 1D. Career highs across the board. Check the numbers and see what other Dmen at his level are being paid. The Habs got him for a 2nd & a 5th and locked him up for less than he would have gotten as a UFA a few years ago.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 3:34 p.m.
It is absolutely where you draft. Bergevin and Timmins have done a decent job landing McCarron, Scherbak, Juulsen and Poehling at 25/26, but there's not much surefire NHL talent left at that point in the draft. Look up the numbers for yourself. You're more likely to pick an AHLer than an NHLer by that point in the draft.

It's obvious you haven't seen many Habs games this year. I saw a poll of 500 NHLers released just this morning saying players still consider Price the hardest goalie to score against, and only Crosby, McDavid and Kane are harder to play against than Weber. Those are two ELITE talents who are absolutely worth the money. And Petry is on a whole other level since Weber's been injured. He's playing like a 1D. Career highs across the board. Check the numbers and see what other Dmen at his level are being paid. The Habs got him for a 2nd & a 5th and locked him up for less than he would have gotten as a UFA a few years ago.

You're getting very defensive. It was my opinion that happens to be a popular opinion... a goalie should not be paid more then 7 mill I don't care who are. Even if it was Hasek in his prime I wouldn't pay him 10+ mill in a salary cap era.

As for the player poll it's BS. I don't go by that. Petry might be stepping up in this little stretch but he's been trash his whole career. Good luck with that.
Mar. 7, 2018 at 4:11 p.m.
You're getting very defensive. It was my opinion that happens to be a popular opinion... a goalie should not be paid more then 7 mill I don't care who are. Even if it was Hasek in his prime I wouldn't pay him 10+ mill in a salary cap era.

As for the player poll it's BS. I don't go by that. Petry might be stepping up in this little stretch but he's been trash his whole career. Good luck with that.

I'm getting defensive? LOL you just said Petry has been trash his whole career. Have you ever watched a game of hockey before? I'm starting to doubt it. Seems like you're just hauling stuff outta your ass because you can't form a legitimate argument.

Enjoy following the "popular opinion". Fact is, most people don't know half as much about hockey as they think they do. You've done an excellent job in proving that. Thanks for the entertainment!
Mar. 8, 2018 at 1:05 a.m.
I'm getting defensive? LOL you just said Petry has been trash his whole career. Have you ever watched a game of hockey before? I'm starting to doubt it. Seems like you're just hauling stuff outta your ass because you can't form a legitimate argument.

Enjoy following the "popular opinion". Fact is, most people don't know half as much about hockey as they think they do. You've done an excellent job in proving that. Thanks for the entertainment!

I've watched hockey my whole life, I play hockey, I coach hockey so yeah I know hockey. I cringe when I watch Petry play. 1 year does not prove anything. You have to gather numbers over their career and watch him play. I've done both and it says that Petry is garbage. I'd rather have Polak on my team cause at least I know Polak is cheaper and 1 year, where I'd be stuck with Petry and his terrible contract....
Mar. 8, 2018 at 1:08 a.m.

Also btw just because I don't watch all of the Toiletseats games doesn't mean I don't watch hockey. I watch good teams like Tampa, Nashville, Toronto and Pittsburgh.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 11:44 a.m.
I've watched hockey my whole life, I play hockey, I coach hockey so yeah I know hockey. I cringe when I watch Petry play. 1 year does not prove anything. You have to gather numbers over their career and watch him play. I've done both and it says that Petry is garbage. I'd rather have Polak on my team cause at least I know Polak is cheaper and 1 year, where I'd be stuck with Petry and his terrible contract....

Polak > Petry? Now I've heard it all. Keep on spewing garbage man, I'm getting a good laugh out of it. Those poor kids you coach though.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 11:50 a.m.
Edited Mar. 8, 2018 at 11:56 a.m.

howVizHome=no" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener" target="_blank">https://public.tableau.com/shared/2896WRFKP?:display_count=yes&ConfusedhowVizHome=no

https://public.tableau.com/shared/BNH7WNWX8?:display_count=yes

Click those links if you want to find out how much you truly know about hockey. Spoiler alert: the results aren't good.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 12:39 p.m.
Polak > Petry? Now I've heard it all. Keep on spewing garbage man, I'm getting a good laugh out of it. Those poor kids you coach though.

I didn't say Polak is better then Petry, I said I'd rather have Polak and his contract then Petry and his contract. There's a big difference. Petry is a better player, go to just about ANY of my teams and you will find out what I think of Polak, but I'm glad it's only a 1 year contract.
Mar. 8, 2018 at 12:53 p.m.
I didn't say Polak is better then Petry, I said I'd rather have Polak and his contract then Petry and his contract. There's a big difference. Petry is a better player, go to just about ANY of my teams and you will find out what I think of Polak, but I'm glad it's only a 1 year contract.

And what about the part where Petry's numbers lineup with an archetypal #1 Dman? That's not even including this season. I thought he was garbage his whole career?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll