What makes sense for the teams - no trades

What makes sense for the teams - no trades

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Logicalicesports
Published: May 10 at 3:30 p.m.
Description
First four rounds we no trades.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-The Sharks finally get the first overall, Celebrini, Smith, Musty, Bystad and Eklund are looking like a promising future
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago shocks the world and takes their future Franchise defenseman in Levshunov. Extremely high IQ, big frame, big shot, great vision. Everything that you need in a Franchise changing blueliner.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks go out and get the highest offensive upside RHD in the draft. Many are comparing him to Erik Karlsson and a play of that caliber would be a massive boost to the Ducks roster with a stacked young forward core.
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus gets their prayers answer with Demidov falling to them. They need a legit threat to pair with Fantilli and this duo would be the first line forwards for years to come for the Blue Jackets.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The Habs should be looking for a long term option for the second line center position so they could have Dach move to the wing where he is more comfortable and they could move Newhook to the left. That would be a pretty great second line behind CC-Suzuki-Slaf.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-The Sens could use a top RHD to pair with Sanderson in the future and the lengthy Yakemchuk would fit perfectly on a pairing with him.
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle takes their Franchise's future number 1 defenseman. They get a west coast kid that is an insanely talented skater, with great vision and an unbelievable ability to move the puck.
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-It just obvious at this point. Sure Dickinson is still on the board but there is too much going on with the organization and Iggy for them to pass up on him. Don't overlook his skill when thinking they are reaching on him. They are not.
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Many of the Devils fans probably won't like this one but they get someone that can compete for the #1 LHD spot on the blueline with Hughes in the near future. They can move on from Jonas when Dickinson is ready to make a push for a roster spot.
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo is another potential trade back team. But here I have them taking one of the most NHL ready prospects in the draft with Helenius. Could be a Benson like situation but it would be best to let him develop in the SHL for one more season and see if he can dominate that league as a D+1 player.
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly gets their future center for Michkov with Catton being an offensive weapon that will benefit from playing with the insane skill level of Michkov.
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Big swing on a big bodied power forward that has been stacking up points in Major Junior. Greentree would bring a sandpaper type forward that puts the puck in the net to the Wild.
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsMuch like the pick above. Now the sharks realize they have some elite skill on the roster and they need to get heavy and talented to pair someone with Celebrini/Smith that will be able to keep the other team looking over their shoulders.
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-The Red Wings really need some RW prospect depth. Seeing they having Strange and thats about it. This looks like a Stevie Y pick to me all day. Seems like a bit of a reach but the guy is a constant offensive threat as well as responsible in his own end.
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-St. Louis much like Detroit has a glaring hole in their prospect pool. Their hole is for RHD. Jiricek seems like a very underrated defenseman. St. Louis takes him over Mews thinking he could end up more like his brother.
17Logo of the Washington Capitals-Washington needs a few different pieces they need either goal scorers or RHD. I have Eiserman dropping due to his skating is a big concern along with his defensive responsibility. They have the time to let Eiserman develop as they are focusing on the present with Ovi well letting their skilled prospects develop outside of the system.
18Logo of the New York Islanders-Bit of a reach in my opinion but he is a high talent puck moving defenseman. The islanders could use any high end prospect they can get their hands on, especially on the right side of the blueline.
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Lets get the kid with off ice issues in Sin City. Its the best place for him to find himself or drastically relapse into an immature individual. I think he has matured and owned up to his downfalls. Talent wise he is a steal at 19th.
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningThe Hawks land Bedard a highly talented winger who will only need about one more year of development.
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-This is about where I see Stiga ending up. The Kings could use a good left wing prospect as they have none.
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-I think Nashville really just goes as one of the BPA.
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Toronto could really use a RHD prosect I think Emery sneaks into the 1st round as the need for RHD is seemingly high right now.
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersThe Ducks can get some supporting cast now that they have addressed their issue with a top RHD prospect.
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-The Avs need some winger prospects. Sennecke has been slowly creeping his way up rankings and I could see him going towards the end of the first round. He fits the needs of the Avs.
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsI believe the Sens attack their defensive needs in this draft taking some guys that will be great additions to their top 4.
27Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsIt is a match made in Heaven. You get both of the Hutson brothers and you have plenty of time to let Cole develop.
28Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-The Hurricanes could use some center prospects as most of their forward prospects are wingers.
29Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksThe Flames get someone to pair with Iggy, Howe has shown he can play with elite talent and keep up or play without it and still carry a line.
30Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersThe Flyers Load up on some offensive firepower and get someone who has played with Michkov in Russia even if it was just for a very small sample size. They are familiar with one another and that is a bonus for the Flyers
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas likes drafting Finnish defensemen. What more do I need to say. He will have the proper time to develop with the current structure of the Stars roster.
32Logo of the New York Rangers-The Rangers go out and get a solid middle six center prospect. They could honestly just take BPA.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Seen by many to be a first round talent. Could be this year's Gavin Brindley. Some may have comments, most probably wont.
34Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
35Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
36Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
37Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Montreal CanadiensFirst round Potential.
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
Ilya Nabokov
The Senators go out and get a goalie that is dominating the KHL. People are underrating him like crazy because he is a KHL all-star.
40Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
41Logo of the Calgary Flames-Already playing in Calgary. They have been able to watch him all year.
42Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
43Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
44Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
45Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
46Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
47Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
48Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
49Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Washington Capitals
50Logo of the New York Islanders-
51Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
52Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsSurprise pick. Goaltender of the future for the Capitals.
53Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
54Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
55Logo of the Nashville Predators-
56Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
57Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-A goalie many have as one of the top ranked in this draft.
58Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
59Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
60Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
61Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
62Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
63Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Florida Panthers
64Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Dallas Stars
65Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the New York Rangers
ROUND 3TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
66Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the San Jose Sharks
67Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
68Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
69Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Wicked season in the MHL this year.
70Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
72Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Ottawa Senators
73Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
74Logo of the Calgary Flames-
75Logo of the New Jersey Devils-
76Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
77Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
78Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Minnesota Wild
79Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
80Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
81Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
82Logo of the Washington Capitals-
Ilya Protas
Protas' young brother. LW and a big frame like his brother.
83Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the New York IslandersUnderrated year in the NL this season. Teams need to learn from what happened with J.J. Moser
84Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsFuture back up for Wolf
85Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
86Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
87Logo of the Nashville Predators-
88Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
89Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
90Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
91Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Boston Bruins
92Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
93Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Many are thinking late 2nd round or early third but I have him falling a bit.
94Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
95Logo of the Florida Panthers-
96Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Dallas Stars
97Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the New York RangersOffensive defenseman who had a great year in the USHL, just undersized.
ROUND 4TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
98Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the San Jose Sharks
99Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Chicago Blackhawks
100Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
101Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Great MHL season, can't wait to see how he does in the KHL
102Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
104Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
105Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Good in the MHL and had a shot in the KHL which went pretty well.
106Logo of the Calgary Flames-Like above he had a good MHL season this year just no chances in the KHL
107Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the New Jersey Devils
108Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
109Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
110Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
111Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
112Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Detroit Red Wings
113Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
114Logo of the Washington Capitals-High schooler selection
115Logo of the New York Islanders-
116Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsVery good OHL season this year.
117Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
118Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-High ceiling player with almost a ppg tis year in the Q
119Logo of the Nashville Predators-
120Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
121Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
122Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
123Logo of the Boston Bruins-
124Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
125Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
126Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
127Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Florida Panthers
128Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Dallas Stars
129Logo of the New York Rangers-
May 10 at 9:33 p.m.
Good stuff.

Big swing at #3.

I would love Dickinson at #10. He is one of the more ideal selections for us.

I only saw Henming briefly at u18…it was rather meh.

Nabokov is really tiny for NHL. The numbers are good…but he is likely getting overlooked because of his size (and Russian factor). I think Yegorov should be first Russian goalie off the board.

Dean Letourneau at #70 seems like a good pick up.

I like Daniil Ustinkov at #85…he looked really disruptive in the game I saw him.

Shane Vansaghi Is ineligible for 2024…should be on 2025 list.

Whipple wouldn’t go ahead of Skahan.

Nathan Tobey will probably go undrafted.

A couple very good prospects I didn’t see here: Yegor Surin (think Barbashev) and Hagen Burrows (think Huberdeau).
Logicalicesports liked this.
May 10 at 10:44 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I think that Anaheim will select a RW with the Edmonton pick no matter where it ends up. The Ducks certainly don't need left-handed forward prospects. (I see that you have Masse with their own second.) Sennecke (if in fact he falls that far) or Hage or Ritchie would be ideal at 24/29/31/32.
May 10 at 11:44 p.m.
Devils Guy
As a Devils fan I'd love to draft Dickinson at #10. I just don't see him being there at 10. For my mock draft, I have him gone by 8 to Seattle.
May 11 at 12:31 a.m.
I would love Nabokov, and I'd absolutely take him at 39.
May 11 at 2:46 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Sabres have to take Catton at #11 if he's there.
May 11 at 6:54 a.m.
CTN HOCKEY
This is great! I like Nygard to the Sharks at 14. Wonder if they pass on Eiserman there considering he and Macklin are friends and former teammates?
Logicalicesports liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll