Don't like it.
Not the right man
May 17 at 6:34 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Trickster
Don't like it.
Not the right man

Disagree

Won a cup, has the perfect attitude to reign in these boyz and will call them out when they underperform, and his system should fit TOR very well as long as the boyz work hard

And for those who go Babcock won a cup sure but that man was also a Bully and borderline creepo lul
May 17 at 6:54 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: aadoyle
Disagree

Won a cup, has the perfect attitude to reign in these boyz and will call them out when they underperform, and his system should fit TOR very well as long as the boyz work hard

And for those who go Babcock won a cup sure but that man was also a Bully and borderline creepo lul

Yes he won cup and may have a different attitude however that roster had #1 D in Pietrangelo, this team does not and nothing close

How did Blues do after he left and even ROR??
oneX liked this.
May 17 at 7:01 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 17 at 7:59 p.m.
Yes he won cup and may have a different attitude however that roster had #1 D in Pietrangelo, this team does not and nothing close

How did Blues do after he left and even ROR??

In STL towards the end many of the good players were underperforming, Binnington's attitude was becoming an issue along with his play, and Armstrong kept bringing in the wrong people to fill the team out. Look at what Blues fan said when he was fired. They believed it should have been Armstrong as he was the actual problem.

Berube will have Matthew and Nylander and if they aint moved Marner and JT to work with or in other words Berube will have better offensive weapons to work with here in TOR and once Brad revamps the Dcore will have a pretty good Dcore to also work with, get a proper starter and they are set. Team needs a proper work ethic as we saw it numerous times when momentum shifted they just failed to adapt or the big boyz didnt step it up. Getting called out more, benched, or having a tougher coach in general will help with that.

But basically sure he wont have a Pietrangelo to work with but the trade off is he has Auston Matthews
May 17 at 8:21 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
In STL towards the end many of the good players were underperforming, Binnington's attitude was becoming an issue along with his play, and Armstrong kept bringing in the wrong people to fill the team out. Look at what Blues fan said when he was fired. They believed it should have been Armstrong as he was the actual problem.

Berube will have Matthew and Nylander and if they aint moved Marner and JT to work with or in other words Berube will have better offensive weapons to work with here in TOR and once Brad revamps the Dcore will have a pretty good Dcore to also work with, get a proper starter and they are set. Team needs a proper work ethic as we saw it numerous times when momentum shifted they just failed to adapt or the big boyz didnt step it up. Getting called out more, benched, or having a tougher coach in general will help with that.

But basically sure he wont have a Pietrangelo to work with but the trade off is he has Auston Matthews

I don't know man.
This roster will be alot more like the Blues roster after the cup then during the cup.

Be afraid with your hopes, I'm see the glass half empty more than half full.

My expectations were a Stanley cup bu now that Berube is hired, I'm thinking way lower.
I
oneX liked this.
May 17 at 8:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 17 at 8:37 p.m.
I don't know man.
This roster will be alot more like the Blues roster after the cup then during the cup.

Be afraid with your hopes, I'm see the glass half empty more than half full.

My expectations were a Stanley cup bu now that Berube is hired, I'm thinking way lower.
I

Not really Blues did not have anyone on par with Matthews even when they won the cup

This is the greatest goal scorer of the modern era and while he has not unlocked it yet for playoffs Berube may be the guy to do it and when it happens look out league and imagine Willy whose also pretty good under his belt.

Like in STL did Berube have a 40, 50 or even 60 goal + goal scorer to work with no. In all his time there the most was Kyrou with 37 goals. Willy and Matthews have each gotten 40 goals with that being pretty much the min for Matthews.

Berube never had that kind of firepower to work with till now. Instead he had Pietrangelo on the blueline and a good forward core to work with not a great one

Now he's got better weapons offensively and once Brad works on the Dcore adding the missing pieces they set.

As the tradeoff is there. No Pietragelo sure but having better offensive weapon especially Matthews be a worth it trade
oneX liked this.
May 18 at 9:34 p.m.
Not really Blues did not have anyone on par with Matthews even when they won the cup

This is the greatest goal scorer of the modern era and while he has not unlocked it yet for playoffs Berube may be the guy to do it and when it happens look out league and imagine Willy whose also pretty good under his belt.

Like in STL did Berube have a 40, 50 or even 60 goal + goal scorer to work with no. In all his time there the most was Kyrou with 37 goals. Willy and Matthews have each gotten 40 goals with that being pretty much the min for Matthews.

Berube never had that kind of firepower to work with till now. Instead he had Pietrangelo on the blueline and a good forward core to work with not a great one

Now he's got better weapons offensively and once Brad works on the Dcore adding the missing pieces they set.

As the tradeoff is there. No Pietragelo sure but having better offensive weapon especially Matthews be a worth it trade

No matter who was taking over as the new coach, the flawed roster construction is a thing. I personally wanted Brind'Amour but I also understand why it's kind of dangerous waiting for him and later finding out he's staying in Carolina.

Would Brind'Amour fair better than Berube without a top level D? Ehh..I think it's about the same just because if you don't have such players in certain positions, it becomes very difficult to win anything.

One thing I didn't want to see under a new coach is the god aweful drop passes. Like that **** needs to die an instant death. Leafs were so predictable doing it that I'm surprised teams didn't just put a spy on the drop pass.
Trickster liked this.
May 21 at 8:15 a.m.
Who do you want???

Till Matthews will be commanding any buck he wants ( and dragging the rest of cap demands with it ) even Scottie wont be able to push this Team over the first Round

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit