SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 7 - Shambles

May 9 at 10:59 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Keefe fired. Saw that one coming a mile away. Can’t say I’m sad to see him go lol. But I do hope he’s not scapegoated as he was not the only problem with this team.
May 9 at 11:48 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Saskleaf
He wasn’t terribly hard on you, he thought it was one of the better ones but he did call it “something you’d do on NHL 24” lol.

Lol, I didn’t know it really mattered but I’ll have to keep that in mind lol

The entire joke of my name is that it's a random string of numbers with no meaning.
Literally random 2 1 5 2.

I made it when I was 10 or 12 and kinda just stuck with it ever since lmao
Saskleaf liked this.
May 9 at 1:15 p.m.
Amirov Forever
I know we all like to hate on Keefe, but I gotta admit that video he put together made me a little sad. Wish him the best of luck in the future! Definitely was time to move on though.
Random2152, Saskleaf, oneX and 1 other person liked this.
May 9 at 2:06 p.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I know we all like to hate on Keefe, but I gotta admit that video he put together made me a little sad. Wish him the best of luck in the future! Definitely was time to move on though.

Yah for sure, I really liked how he took responsibility for the loss. He didn’t have to do that and it’s more than any of his star players did. All the best Sheldon, good luck in Pittsburg or wherever you end up
oneX liked this.
May 9 at 11:17 p.m.
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05

Yah for sure, I really liked how he took responsibility for the loss. He didn’t have to do that and it’s more than any of his star players did. All the best Sheldon, good luck in Pittsburg or wherever you end up

It was classy of him to take responsibility for the last 4-5 years. I don't hate Keefe, just didn't think was ready for this market and while he should have been let go at least 2 years ago, that's more on the organization and specifically Shanahan.

And yes,he took more responsibility of the failures of this team than the players did. That doesn't sit right with me because what about when the next coach takes over?

When will it be on the players?
Saskleaf liked this.
May 9 at 11:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: oneX
It was classy of him to take responsibility for the last 4-5 years. I don't hate Keefe, just didn't think was ready for this market and while he should have been let go at least 2 years ago, that's more on the organization and specifically Shanahan.

And yes,he took more responsibility of the failures of this team than the players did. That doesn't sit right with me because what about when the next coach takes over?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/TSk_L-T8Djs

Gimmie this oh we would revel in it for dayz.
oneX liked this.
May 9 at 11:35 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/TSk_L-T8Djs

Gimmie this oh we would revel in it for dayz.

Sorry...I'm apparently not savy enough to figure out how to view that link...but I am curious..
May 9 at 11:37 p.m.
Saskoiler for now

Agreed there has to be accountability with the players. That why they need to trade Marner
oneX and Leafsfan98 liked this.
May 9 at 11:43 p.m.
Edited May 9 at 11:51 p.m.
Agreed there has to be accountability with the players. That why they need to trade Marner

Yeah I'm having a hard time disagreeing with your take here. I wish there could have been change sooner to see if Marner can be salvaged but I also think it's too late to salvage anything now and more about changing the culture that currently is the Leafs in general.

BTW I see your custom title and..I like LoL
Saskleaf liked this.
May 10 at 1:32 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 10 at 1:42 a.m.
Sorry...I'm apparently not savy enough to figure out how to view that link...but I am curious..

Berube calling his players out in a way Keefe has never come close to doing
oneX and Saskleaf liked this.
May 10 at 2:12 a.m.
Berube calling his players out in a way Keefe has never come close to doing

Keefe tried, remember? Tried because he did call them out and the next day walked back those comments. A case of the inmates running the asylum.

But yeah..need a coach who has a backbone when things get tough.
Saskleaf liked this.
May 10 at 2:26 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 10 at 2:37 a.m.
Keefe tried, remember? Tried because he did call them out and the next day walked back those comments. A case of the inmates running the asylum.

But yeah..need a coach who has a backbone when things get tough.

Berube will handle these kids and they gonna go cry to Shanahan and hes probs gonna smile and say tough lul

As that guy was also one tough SOB back in the day
oneX and Saskleaf liked this.
May 10 at 8:36 a.m.
Rip

It certainly is now
oneX liked this.
May 10 at 8:36 a.m.
Rip
Berube will handle these kids and they gonna go cry to Shanahan and hes probs gonna smile and say tough lul

Being mean thinking it's tough love is stupid. Demeaning coaches are a thing of the past.
May 10 at 8:38 a.m.
Rip

You trade Marner because his attitude isn't helpful, not to send a message. That's like cutting off your arm to send a message to your body. It got the message alright and now you have maimed yourself.
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
May 10 at 9:58 a.m.
Saskoiler for now
Quoting: RipNasty
You trade Marner because his attitude isn't helpful, not to send a message. That's like cutting off your arm to send a message to your body. It got the message alright and now you have maimed yourself.

Sorry but that analogy does not work. Maybe if the analogy is cutting off your mangled arm so you can replace it with a prosthetic arm
May 10 at 10:46 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Treliving confirmed Matthews got an MCL sprain in the Detroit game (6-7 weeks), Food Poisoning and Concussion-like symptoms at the end of G4

Nylander migraines

Dewar surgery (I missed which part)

Woll strained back
Saskleaf liked this.
May 10 at 11:08 a.m.

My fear with Berube is that in St. Louis he had Pietroanglo, who we knew was a number 1 D and had the ability to raise the play of his partner.

There is no Pietroanglo on this team and bringing in Matt Roy and/or Brandon Montour doesn't suddenly mean the team has that now.

The solutions at D are going to be such that Treliving will have to settle for less than number 1 D and bring in a coach who can bring the best out of this team knowing there's no number 1 D solution.

Maybe a Marner trade allows for acquiring a number 1 D, but we'll cross that bridge if we get to it.
May 10 at 11:10 a.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Treliving confirmed Matthews got an MCL sprain in the Detroit game (6-7 weeks), Food Poisoning and Concussion-like symptoms at the end of G4

Nylander migraines

Dewar surgery (I missed which part)

Woll strained back

Actually, the MCL sprain was suffered by McMann.
Saskleaf liked this.
May 10 at 11:16 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Actually, the MCL sprain was suffered by McMann.

Oh...

My bad then... I heard; "Suffered an MCL sprain for the Detroit Home game, got food posoning game 2 and took the award hit - did you see it - in game 4 where he displayed head injury-like symptoms"
oneX liked this.
May 10 at 11:22 a.m.
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Oh...

My bad then... I heard; "Suffered an MCL sprain for the Detroit Home game, got food posoning game 2 and took the award hit - did you see it - in game 4 where he displayed head injury-like symptoms"

I'll re-watch this press conference and get back to you but pretty sure Treliving was talking about McMann when mentioning the MCL sprain.
May 10 at 11:24 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
I'll re-watch this press conference and get back to you but pretty sure Treliving was talking about McMann when mentioning the MCL sprain.

I thought it was Matthews bc Biz said Matthews was dealing with his MCL on the SC pod...

Please tell me if I'm wrong though
May 10 at 11:39 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs

All the news outlets are coming out with articles, you are right... Bobby McMann suffered an MCL sprain
May 10 at 12:18 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
So the press conference was whole of hot air for now??
May 10 at 12:21 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: Trickster
So the press conference was whole of hot air for now??

A whole lot of loose ends and empty promises IMO

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll