SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Based on recent draft history - with explanations

Based on recent draft history - with explanations

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Nash
Published: Apr. 28 at 11:09 a.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the San Jose SharksSan Jose Sharks (1→1)
  2. Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksChicago Blackhawks (2→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-They will be pretty stacked with Fowards after this. with Musty, Smith and Eklund taken recently. Will look for defence at 14.
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-I think the Hawks go off the reservation here. Lindstrom is big, young and exciting. Kids will want his Jersey.bHawks will look for winger later.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-They need to replace Drysdale. Set for forwards with Carlson, Mctavish and Cutter Gauthier, oh and Zegas. Levshunov is a RD to go with Mintyukovthe LD they took in'22
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-These guys are tough to call. They have Brindley RW, and lots of C, Fantilli, Sillinger and Whitelaw. Johnson is a C but can play LW. They went with two Ds in '22/ So I think its another RW here and Ivan is the one.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Oh Montreal. Who can figure them. They have so much Defence, Is it time for another flashy undersized dynamo C. NO ... they take the 6'2 French Centre. Its a shocker.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-UTAH in the hooooouse ! In '22 they/them? took Cs. last year they took Simashev, a LD So I think they take the Right shot D here. Its a 2fer. A right D who can join the rush and score. And a flashy player to make a splash it the kids in the new market.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Its a bit of a reach. But these guys havent had a decent 1st since '20. They were supposed to be done. So who knows what the plan is? This guy is RD but also BIG and can also score.
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Finally someone takes the big monster. Its been all Forwards for Seattle so far. Here they will take their first D in the 1st round. Players always seem to fall to them.
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-Do they do it. Imagine playing in the shadow of your dad. Better to chart your own path. But the marketing dept must be screaming in the ear of Norman Edwards. They must be. Its a coin flip but Im going to say it happens.
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-They haven' had the chance to take a Forward in the first since '20. Lots of Centres and Rights. Time for a pure LW. Of course this could all change if they trade this pick to Nashville.;)
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-What is it going to take for this poor city. They pick and pick and pick. Its been 2 years since they took a first round Defence so Ill say Dicknson, but it could just as easily be Catton.
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Foerster was a RW, so was Michkov, so they take the LW here. They will need a centre or two at some point to pull it all together.
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-A Steal! Wild havent taken a D in the first since'18. Its time. They have their Forwards and their Goalie. ITs time for defence.
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsBest D on the board. And Right shot to boot.
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-They have a Goalie and have been taking Cs of late with Danielson and Kasper. They took a good D in Axel Sandin Pellikka. Time for a good Right winger.
16Logo of the Washington Capitals-Someone HAS TO TAKE Catton. But I just cant see it being the Caps. They have taken so many C. Ryan Leonard , Lapierre, McMichael. Im going to say they take a Right winger here.
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-They have been taking C and wingers and C who can play L and R. Its time for a first round D.
18Logo of the New York Islanders-Finally . Steal of the Draft. NYI haven't drafted much in the first for the last few years. They will not pass on a dynamic centre.
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-What does it matter, They are just going to trade this player to some other team .
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningA good goal scorer to play on the Left with Oliver Moore , LINDSTROM, or the other guy. They already have a right with Nazar
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Im saying they take a R winger here. The have taken Cs, Jack Hughes, Francesco Pinelli, Quinton Byfield and Turcotte. And They have taken D like Brandt Clarke and Dvorak. Time for a wnger.
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-Im a Nashville fan, god help me, and have have seen many takes on what we should take that I just feel are wrong. this is want NSH needs. A centre, an elite R shot D, and maybe a left winger. I see allot of takes where NSH takes Adam Jiricek. I like that , but I worry about the knee injury . TEDDY STIGA on the LW is not bad. I like LUKE MISA at C. But i think they would take Helenius if he was still on the table. He can play Centre, with Kimmel on the wing, FIN-TASTIC! .He is defence minded, right up NSHs alley. If they are lucky, he could be the next Roope Hintz.
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Who knows if they will even be a team by next week. But they havent take too many RW lately. So there it is.
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersGood Winger, almost NHL ready.
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-They took a C with Ritchie, and a D with Gulyayev last year in the first. Basically no one in '22, before that Olausson who is a C/W? And before that lots of Defence. Im going to say they take a big righty here.
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsLocal boy C with some scoring chops. Will off set the D pick at 7. But they will need to draft more forwards in the future.
27Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksIts defence time for the Flames. They gamble on the kid with the sore knee. Could be a steal.
28Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersBig R shot D here. They are going to wait and take their first round centres next year.
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsYes, another short scoring winger. He's going to play with Boisvert on the 2nd line and they are going to score at will.
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Its been a few years since they took a D in the first, and that one was a R. They go with the Finish LD here.
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-Stars know how to pic them. Its been a few years since their forward 1 - 2 draft punch of Johnston and Stankoven , I think they go back to the well again here with JETT!
32Logo of the New York Rangers-They could win it all this year and they still havent cracked the seal on Othmann , Sýkora and Perreault . Christ Lafrenière was only '20 and fans were already calling him a bust. Good lord. They have gone R, L, and C lately , time for Defence.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
34Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
35Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
36Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
37Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Montreal Canadiens
38Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
40Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
41Logo of the Calgary Flames-
42Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
43Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
44Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
45Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
46Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
47Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
48Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Washington Capitals
49Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
50Logo of the New York Islanders-
51Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
52Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Vegas Golden Knights
53Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
54Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
55Logo of the Nashville Predators-
56Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
57Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
58Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
59Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
60Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
61Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Florida Panthers
62Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
63Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
64Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Dallas Stars
65Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the New York Rangers
Apr. 28 at 11:16 a.m.
If #10 is Nashville's pick....than I'm assuming #22 is New Jersey's pick...and Helenius works
Apr. 28 at 11:30 a.m.
So overpaying for a undersized goalie, over trade the 25th first for Ullmark hmm TERRIBLE IDEA. And you need to stop believing NJ and NSH will make a trade its not happing, cuz im not over paying for a goalie who needs a new deal worth 8x8. Ask your self why would NSH trade Saros, you really think the Rookie goalie will get them to playoffs? OOF
Apr. 28 at 11:35 a.m.
Love the picks for Ottawa
Apr. 28 at 11:40 a.m.
Sennecke is a gem
MTL aren't that crazy... Slaf was ranked 2 (and even 1) by draft day, so that's max a 1 spot reach. Reinbacher was ranked 8ish (I had him 6) went 5th, so that's a 3-spot reach. They aren't going too crazy with these picks
Kraken and Lafleur10 liked this.
Apr. 28 at 1:40 p.m.
SHL NJD GM
? Montreal’s not passing on Catton, some of the RD’s, even Tij would be better than massively reaching on Boisvert
Kraken and Lafleur10 liked this.
Apr. 28 at 1:47 p.m.
I think the top-10 is all plausible except for Montreal. I'm sure they would take Iginla or Catton.

As for my Kraken, I prefer Dickinson to Silayev but I wouldn't cry over it. They need to go D though.
Caufield liked this.
Apr. 28 at 3:33 p.m.
R.I.P Yotes
No way Catton falls that far. MTL, CGY, BUF, and NJD all take long looks at him before then.
Apr. 29 at 8:03 a.m.
Flyers
Flyers would take Catton. Also, I see NJ fans on here still wanting a C with size that can win faceoffs.
Apr. 29 at 9:49 a.m.
MBN, Catton, Jiricek and Helenius are way too low and Mews is definitely too high.

ALSO Leonard is not a center, he is a right winger
Rob32sjsharks liked this.
Apr. 29 at 11:02 a.m.
mokumboi
Blues pick 16th, man. And while you're right they'll go D, there's like zero chance they take Hutson.
Apr. 29 at 12:37 p.m.
Bro if you’re telling me we walk away from the draft with both Levshunov and MBN in the 1st round and we don’t even have to trade up, I’m dancing around the neighborhood
Apr. 29 at 4:17 p.m.
Putting aside that 5OA is way too high for Boisvert, Montreal don't take low-pace forwards. If Montreal were to make a genuinely shocking forward selection, my guess would be Sennecke.
Apr. 29 at 8:17 p.m.
Fall River Habs
Clearly this person is a Habs hater. It’s not a serious post about what Montreal would do. He or she is just trying to get a rise out of us Habs fans.
Apr. 29 at 8:58 p.m.
Mews to me screams Mehhh.
Sharks do need a RD at 14 but if I was drafting knowing we’re rebuilding and have a little time I would gamble on Jiricek. The slow start then injury dropped him from a top 7 pick to mid to late 1st but he has size and IQ, needs to add some weight and experience for sure, he is a pick that likely takes 3-4 years before it pays off, right in time for sharks to be a playoff team again.
May 2 at 1:04 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Rangers probably take Skahan at 32 or trade back.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll