SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Since everyone wants to redraft 2023

Since everyone wants to redraft 2023

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: Logicalicesports
Published: Mar. 12 at 11:24 a.m.
Description
Kinda rating it as I go, could have some areas where picks could be shifted a little bit but I think there were obviously some very good risers and some players that fell out of the first round like Moore and Stramel. Still good players with a future but not as good as what could have been selected there.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Obviously. He is proving he will be a star in the league.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Strictly if Michkov could and would play where he was drafted. No doubt he will be a Franchise Winger in Philly. The Ducks could have definitely used a high end winger talent.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Between Fantilli and Carlsson, Carlsson is separating himself as the better player. Sure both were injuried and sure Carlsson was on load management to get him adjusted to the NHL. But Carlsson looks like a threat whenever he is on the ice whereas Fantilli doesn't have that elite consistency yet.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Even though Fantilli isn't beating out Carlsson in my eyes he is still a hell of a player for being a very young and raw center. He will be an elite center in the league no doubt.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Smith is very comparable to Fantilli in my eyes. I think he will have a similar impact when he makes it to the league. He may take a little longer to develop but I do believe he will be an impactful top 6 center.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Simashev has proven a lot of people wrong with this great play in the KHL he will be a top paring defenseman in the NHL as he played in the second best league in the world as a teenager and was extremely successful.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Leonard moves up one in the re-draft. He is an elite play driver. He should be a staple top 6 winger for the Capitals but in this redraft Michkov isn't here for Briere to pick.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-Reinbacher shouldn't fall based on his play. He has held his own in Europe and looks like a staple top pairing defenseman. The only issue is the insane talent in this draft's top 10. Some players had to move up and some had to move down. Unfortunately for Reinbacher I see Simashev as the top defenseman in this draft at the moment.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-One of the few players to maintain an NHL job from this draft in his D+1 season. Insane offensive talent, but needs to get use to the pace and physicality of the league before he will truly be the star he can become.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-A lot of people will be upset with this pick but But has been a legit KHL player in his first season after being selected by the Yotes. He has some things that he needs to work on to become a top end nhler but he also has some things you cannot teach like size, aggressiveness and hard work.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-I know Vancouver doesn't need anymore small offensive minded defensemen but come on almost 0.50 ppg pace in the SHL as a teenager on blueline is very very good. ASP will be an elite offensive weapon from the backend like a young Erik Karlsson.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsPerreault has proven a lot of people wrong with his skating. He is looking like a steal for the Rangers as he progresses with his skating ability he is not slowing down on the offense. Huge riser here.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Danielson has had a middle of the road D+1 season, certainly not looking like a top 10 pick but he is still going to make a very good NHL if he keeps up with his growth. Can certainly see him becoming more of a defensive minded center that can dish the puck, maybe like a Barkov type player but not at that level.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Great D+1 season at BU, But a lot like Reinbacher some people have just shot up the list and some people need to fall a couple spots.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-Another big riser here is Oliver Bonk. Huge d+1 season showing off his offensive abilities and being a plus 26 at the same time. He has size, he has ability, he is going to be a top pairing defenseman in the NHL.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-Above a ppg in the WHL for his D+1 season all while being solid defensively. He moves the puck out of his zone very well and will offer the team he plays on a great defensively playmaker.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York IslandersYager has been flourishing in Moose Jaw and He is showing that he has a high ceiling. Do I think he will be a top 6 guy in the NHL? maybe not. Will he be a good nhler, yes I do think he will provide good depth scoring on a solid NHL team.
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-I am lower on Dvorsky than most. Sure he had a great major junior season when he came over but when he was in the SHL he looked lost, this concerns me. I don't know if it was potentially just the larger ice or if he just isn't ready to play against men. If its the ladder than I am concerned for his development path.
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningPeople really give Wood a hard time with is offensive numbers but he plays on an average to below average college hockey team with little high end talent around him. He brings some things like But you want including physical toughness and a big body.
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Close to 2.0 ppg. He is big, physical and hard to play against. He rises up this board quite a bit.
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Injury shorted season. Looked like he would have improved from his previous season but its hard to tell. In the amount of games he played he didn't really translate his offensive game as well as I would have liked to see him do so.
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles KingsHe is a born leader, great head on his shoulders and is improving his game well. Also an injury cost him some of his season but honestly it felt like he didn't really develop much and kind of stayed the same as he was last year. I feel like there wasn't a lot of improvement in his game and I want to see him adjust his style of player to prosper in the NHL.
23Logo of the New York Rangers-What a college season for Nadeau (and his brother) for Maine. Not a super talented team but Nadeau found a way to be more that a ppg player and carry a lot of the load in his first colligate season.
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton OilersPlays with some edge and really had a good season in major junior. Hoping to see him take the next step up soon.
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsI wanted to let the blues keep their guy. Had a great season against men and should be looking to come over to the AHL next season to develop more.
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey DevilsHow did Cristall fall to the second round (skating I know) but a lot like Perreault his skating has improved and he lit it up against his peers. Shattering the 100 point mark in less than 60 games. He is skilled in all offensive situations and is looking like a steal in the second round.
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Good season in the KHL showing he can compete against grown men and do so well. Was defensively responsible and even contributed a little bit. I like him as a late 1st round selection.
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston BruinsI left Cowen for the Leafs again because he was such a reach on draft day but he is really looking like that boosted his game. Looks like a very solid prospect when I thought it was going to be a bust.
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas StarsHad a solid season in the second league. Good numbers, strong play, lets see if it translates to the top league over there next year.
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Proving he doesn't need elite talent to be elite himself another 2nd round steal that will be a surefire NHLer sooner rather than later.
31Logo of the Colorado AvalancheLogo of the Florida PanthersLAST TWO PICKS WILL BE GOALIES BECAUSE I SAID SO! Size, speed, success. All great qualities in a goaltender. Hrabal has all of them. Very very good NCAA season and he is looking like a legit #1 in the future
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Fowler has had an arguably better season than Hrabal, but I think some of that is due to the team he is on. They are STACKED and that helps him. Additionally, I like Hrabal's size as an NHL netminder. Fowler isn't small he just isn't 6'7".
Mar. 12 at 11:42 a.m.
Evans truther
Michkov should just be set in stone at 7 cause he chose where he would play but yes based on talent that's correct.
I'd still give the edge to Reinbacher over Simashev because talent wise in their D+1 year they're looking pretty even but top pairing RDs are tougher to get than LDs.
Mar. 12 at 11:45 a.m.
ht42
Fowler carried BC to somes clutch wins (especially because BC have a massive offensive core, but a bad defensive core).
Mar. 12 at 11:50 a.m.
ht42
Quoting: ColonelX
Michkov should just be set in stone at 7 cause he chose where he would play but yes based on talent that's correct.
I'd still give the edge to Reinbacher over Simashev because talent wise in their D+1 year they're looking pretty even but top pairing RDs are tougher to get than LDs.

Reinbacher have played this season in the worst team in the Swiss NL, and people said that he is '' bad '' and that '' he isn't the best Dman of the Draft '' when he is easily the best Dman of this Draft.
Mar. 12 at 11:53 a.m.
Quoting: ht42
Reinbacher have played this season in the worst team in the Swiss NL, and people said that he is '' bad '' and that '' he isn't the best Dman of the Draft '' when he is easily the best Dman of this Draft.

In no way is Reinbacher bad at all. I am very high on him and was very high on him last year. I just personally really like Simashev's game. I think it will translate to the NHL very well and he will be an elite no.1 defenseman. I see Reinbacher being very similar.
ht42 liked this.
Mar. 12 at 2:06 p.m.
Nice add on the goalies. They are always a wild card but both Fowler and Hrabal look legit. Hrabal should have gone in the 1st round on just his pre-draft numbers. With his draft +1 included he is projecting extremely well. (Vested Bias) After the draft I have paid close attention to him and am incredibly impressed. I have a feeling in 5-6 years the redrafts will have him top 20 if not top 10. AZ might have pulled a 2017 Dallas quality draft out of 2023, Top Pair D, 1st line forward, #1 goalie!!
Logicalicesports liked this.
Mar. 13 at 10:05 a.m.
Joe
> includes goalies in the mock
> Excludes the best goalie of the draft in Augustine
lol
Mar. 13 at 12:12 p.m.
I would take Brindley over Wood or Nadeau any day
Mar. 13 at 12:13 p.m.
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
> includes goalies in the mock
> Excludes the best goalie of the draft in Augustine
lol

I’d take Fowler and Hrabal ahead of Augustine. Augustine has had some really shaky games.
Mar. 13 at 12:34 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I’d take Fowler and Hrabal ahead of Augustine. Augustine has had some really shaky games.

Fowler is on a team that is a direct upgrade to MSU and was backup to Augustine in the WJC.
And then, for Hrabel, I just think Augustine is better -- although I understand the situation a lot less in Hrabel's sense.
Mar. 13 at 3:31 p.m.
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Fowler is on a team that is a direct upgrade to MSU and was backup to Augustine in the WJC.
And then, for Hrabel, I just think Augustine is better -- although I understand the situation a lot less in Hrabel's sense.

Hrabal has been amazing since WJC

Fowler is better prospect in my view…and has been steady all season. Augustine had some stinkers in final couple of months. All good options though.
Mar. 13 at 3:47 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Hrabal has been amazing since WJC

Fowler is better prospect in my view…and has been steady all season. Augustine had some stinkers in final couple of months. All good options though.

According to box stats it's been the contrare, but then again those are box stats.
Mar. 15 at 2:20 p.m.
Stovetop
I feel like the KHL bump you're giving to some of these players is bit much. Otherwise Rimashevsky (SJ 7th rounder) should hypothetically be a 1st round re-draft. He has 14 points in 45 games. I can't really see ice time or lineups but I'd be willing to bet Rimeshevsky is playing farthur down the lineup than But and has a fairly similar P/GP

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll