upgrade----gt2025

Created by: kysovich
Team: 2024-25 Los Angeles Kings
Initial Creation Date: May 17, 2024
Published: May 17, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
---> Adding a little bit of grid and size for playoffs in 2025
---> Fighting ability and industrious forwards are needed for the next playoff run
---> Yes, traded popular forwards, to move into the next phase, the team after Kopitar era

Agree or Disagree?

State your case...
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$800,000
3$800,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,500,000
8$7,500,000
2$800,000
2$950,000
2$950,000
2$950,000
2$850,000
2$850,000
2$850,000
2$950,000
4$3,500,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$2,700,000
Trades
LAK
  1. Morrow, Scott
  2. Necas, Martin [RFA Rights]
  3. 2024 1st round pick (CAR)
CBJ
  1. Dvorak, Jakub
  2. Jämsen, Aatu [Reserve List]
  3. Turcotte, Alex
  4. 2024 1st round pick (CAR)
  5. 2026 1st round pick (LAK)
LAK
  1. Kulich, Jiri
  2. Leinonen, Topias [Reserve List]
  3. Strbak, Maxim [Reserve List]
  4. 2024 1st round pick (BUF)
Retained Salary Transactions
Termination Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$87,700,000$87,038,333$1,850,000$1,200,000$661,667

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 7
$7,875,000$7,875,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
RFA
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RW
RFA
$2,700,000$2,700,000
LW
UFA
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
RFA
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
RFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LW, RW
RFA
$850,000$850,000
C
RFA
$875,000$875,000
RW
RFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
C
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$9,583,333$9,583,333
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,875,000$5,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
G
RFA
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
RD
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 17 at 2:55 p.m.
Come on man
OldNYIfan, wojme and Robinho3799 liked this.
May 17 at 2:57 p.m.
Mikey Anderson is the next captain of the Kings. He's not going to be traded. Carolina isn't going to trade Necas. Both teams say no to that one.

Danault has been the single most consistent forward and best value contract on the Kings since he was signed. Especially with Kopitar on the decline and only a couple years away from retirement, they need another Selke caliber center more than ever. He makes everyone around him better. He turned 4th liner Trevor Moore into a 30 goal scorer.
Robinho3799 liked this.
May 17 at 2:59 p.m.
Calgarys not going to trade Pospisil, they just resigned him.
MyTeamsSuck and MoxNix liked this.
May 17 at 3:02 p.m.
mostly harmless
Werenski is not available at all, let alone for that pile of recycled garbage.
SK101 and OldNYIfan liked this.
May 17 at 3:02 p.m.
I really like Danault and respect his game immensely... that said I wouldn't trade Kulich or the 2024 1st for him 1for1 let alone together.
May 17 at 3:11 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Anderson is a great dman, but the Canes don’t need another LHD right now. They already have Slavin and Orlov for next season, and with Nikishin coming over at the end of next season, it makes no sense to go after an expensive LHD. They need a 1 year cheap stopgap for 3LD, and Anderson is just a luxury they can’t afford to acquire, especially if the cost is including Necas and Morrow.
May 17 at 3:13 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I'm not a fan of any of these moves.

I doubt that the upgrade from Moore to Necas (if any, given that the local boy was our leading goal scorer this year and excellent defensively) is worth the almost 80% increase in cap hit.

Our best LhD for a first and a prospect RD (as good a prospect as he is) leaves us with two rookies on the right side and more than double the cap hit to bring in Werenski, whom neither he nor Columbus will agree to move.

Danault and Spence for futures -- like the Anderson trade -- is a surrender to the belief that the team won't compete for another two seasons.

Basically, what you've done here is traded away three valuable top-quality veterans in their prime for one younger first-line player and exchanged the experienced Jordan Spence for the untried Scott Morrow, thereby seriously weakening our defense and postponing our window of contention from now to the future. Moreover, since the first trade shouldn't happen, the Werenski trade could only occur with our own 2024 and 2026 firsts, which isn't acceptable even if Columbus and Werenski himself were so inclined.

The only "upgrade" I see here is signing Dakota Joshua, but I think that you're at least 10% short of what he's going to go for.
Robinho3799 liked this.
May 17 at 3:21 p.m.
Sabres fan
Danault is great, but even so he’s not worth all that to this team.
May 17 at 3:21 p.m.
Brutal for Buffalo
May 17 at 3:32 p.m.
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Mikey Anderson is the next captain of the Kings. He's not going to be traded. Carolina isn't going to trade Necas. Both teams say no to that one.

Danault has been the single most consistent forward and best value contract on the Kings since he was signed. Especially with Kopitar on the decline and only a couple years away from retirement, they need another Selke caliber center more than ever. He makes everyone around him better. He turned 4th liner Trevor Moore into a 30 goal scorer.

I hope NOT.... next to Doughty every defenseman looks like the next future captain... He is a liability.... Did you watch this year playoffs???? I suggest that you go back and re-watch it.... in my opinion

Quoting: Viqsi
Werenski is not available at all, let alone for that pile of recycled garbage.

In my opinion, Columbus is an overcrowded mess, they need to do something.... to move in the right direction... or they going to lose all those valuable prospects... there are only so many spots on the team... just like the Kings starting to loose their high-valued prospects if they don't move them for the right fit...

Quoting: Chapee44
I really like Danault and respect his game immensely... that said I wouldn't trade Kulich or the 2024 1st for him 1for1 let alone together.

I Like Buffalo for the next 5 - 7 years, they finally put it together, after sucking for 15 years, but they need a good third center, and the right fit, which is "Danault" And yeah at some point you have pay the price for the right fit... to make it to the next phase.... create progress, Buffalo is going to be a MONSTER, from now on...
May 17 at 3:46 p.m.
Quoting: kysovich
I hope NOT.... next to Doughty every defenseman looks like the next future captain... He is a liability.... Did you watch this year playoffs???? I suggest that you go back and re-watch it.... in my opinion

I've watched every single Kings game from the last 25 years, most of the home games in person. Mikey Anderson was not the problem.

The Kings PK was picked apart by the Oilers PP. They allowed 9 power play goals against. Do you know how many Mikey Anderson was on the ice for? Exactly 0.

He's a top quality defensive defenseman on an incredibly team-friendly contract. Most definitely not a "liability."
May 17 at 3:47 p.m.
Quoting: evelutions2
Anderson is a great dman, but the Canes don’t need another LHD right now. They already have Slavin and Orlov for next season, and with Nikishin coming over at the end of next season, it makes no sense to go after an expensive LHD. They need a 1 year cheap stopgap for 3LD, and Anderson is just a luxury they can’t afford to acquire, especially if the cost is including Necas and Morrow.

I saw Nikishin's highlights, wow... you guys have something special going there....but you going to have cap issues from now on, and you might lose some good players because it's their payday time... this trade would give you a 30 goals scorer, which Necas is not, and he will command 7,5 mil....and you going to lose Skilje to free agency because he wants to get paid, this trade would give you replacements for players lost at favorable cap hit approximately 4 mil a peace...
May 17 at 4:03 p.m.
I've watched every single Kings game from the last 25 years, most of the home games in person. Mikey Anderson was not the problem.

The Kings PK was picked apart by the Oilers PP. They allowed 9 power play goals against. Do you know how many Mikey Anderson was on the ice for? Exactly 0.

He's a top quality defensive defenseman on an incredibly team-friendly contract. Most definitely not a "liability."

I have to disagree with you, Bjorfoot, was captain material, when he was drafted, where is he now....warming the seat in the stands.... yeah I watched King since 94 .... I am very familiar with every player.... at 4 million Anderson is a Trade CHIP..... No shot, no Defense, long-term contract at a favorable price, remember Visnovsky... Doughty deserves a better dance partner to play with since he is not "The Spring Chicken Anymore" Sorry that's reality...
May 17 at 4:05 p.m.
not a he )
In my opinion, Columbus is an overcrowded mess, they need to do something.... to move in the right direction... or they going to lose all those valuable prospects... there are only so many spots on the team... just like the Kings starting to loose their high-valued prospects if they don't move them for the right fit...

So they should trade the actual best player on the team for some late picks, a bust, a C-grade-at-best prospect, and a Finnish guy with an approximately .7% chance of coming to North America? And that's ignoring the fact he's got a full NMC and no interest in moving anyway. He's the player you make all the other moves around, not the one you move out. I mean I know you're a Kings fan so you don't understand asset management after watching Blake fumble the bag, but come on. You don't get to be condescending like "Columbus is such a mess and I'm just trying to help them" then propose a trade that makes them actively worse.

Also, Werenski and DuBois do not like each other, and Mr. Dubious is your problem for most of the next decade.
Viqsi liked this.
May 17 at 4:22 p.m.
I have to disagree with you, Bjorfoot, was captain material, when he was drafted, where is he now....warming the seat in the stands.... yeah I watched King since 94 .... I am very familiar with every player.... at 4 million Anderson is a Trade CHIP..... No shot, no Defense, long-term contract at a favorable price, remember Visnovsky... Doughty deserves a better dance partner to play with since he is not "The Spring Chicken Anymore" Sorry that's reality...

I'll go so far as to say that Mikey Anderson is the best partner that Drew Doughty has had since Willie Mitchell left. Doughty just put up one of the single best seasons of his career playing with Anderson on his pair.

I'm not sure what Mikey Anderson and Lubo Visnovsky have in common.

Mikey Anderson is one of the premier shutdown defensemen in the NHL. His shot is not part of his skill-set, nor should it be. He is very good at breakout passes, is solid in the neutral zone, and is exceptional defensively. His $4M cap hit is a steal.

Mikey Anderson is going to be on the Kings for a very long time.
May 17 at 4:25 p.m.
Quoting: squashmaple
So they should trade the actual best player on the team for some late picks, a bust, a C-grade-at-best prospect, and a Finnish guy with an approximately .7% chance of coming to North America? And that's ignoring the fact he's got a full NMC and no interest in moving anyway. He's the player you make all the other moves around, not the one you move out. I mean I know you're a Kings fan so you don't understand asset management after watching Blake fumble the bag, but come on. You don't get to be condescending like "Columbus is such a mess and I'm just trying to help them" then propose a trade that makes them actively worse.

Also, Werenski and DuBois do not like each other, and Mr. Dubious is your problem for most of the next decade.

Oh, thank you for your response.... I did not know that, something new to me... of course, It would affect the deal...the main pieces of the deal are the 2 first-round picks....not those other players involved... I am glad we have this discussion because everyone knows some things, that are not public... that's why we have this discussion...
May 17 at 4:42 p.m.
On the Rod Meal Plan
I saw Nikishin's highlights, wow... you guys have something special going there....but you going to have cap issues from now on, and you might lose some good players because it's their payday time... this trade would give you a 30 goals scorer, which Necas is not, and he will command 7,5 mil....and you going to lose Skilje to free agency because he wants to get paid, this trade would give you replacements for players lost at favorable cap hit approximately 4 mil a peace...

Take out Mikey Anderson and Scott Morrow and work around Necas + pick for Trevor Moore. Canes neeed RHD and not LHD, including those pieces makes that problem worse.
May 17 at 4:44 p.m.
I'll go so far as to say that Mikey Anderson is the best partner that Drew Doughty has had since Willie Mitchell left. Doughty just put up one of the single best seasons of his career playing with Anderson on his pair.

Mikey Anderson is one of the premier shutdown defensemen in the NHL. His shot is not part of his skill-set, nor should it be. He is very good at breakout passes, is solid in the neutral zone, and is exceptional defensively. His $4M cap hit is a steal.

I don't know if I would call him a shutdown defenseman, I would call him "Martinez Light" defenseman... and Martinez is a really good defenseman...but not a shutdown defenseman...McNabb is the Shutdown Defenseman, or Green, Regehr, I would call him " all round defensman" if we can agree on that?
May 17 at 5:31 p.m.
Quoting: squashmaple

And Yeah, Calgary traded their best player...remember... did they get something significant back? Did it help them?
May 17 at 5:36 p.m.

Visnovsky trade was Lombardi's GM playbook 101, a significant trade, that changed the Kings' History.... definitely, Visnovsky had bigger value, that's why you would have to package Anderson with someone else... to get the right pieces in place...
May 17 at 5:38 p.m.
Visnovsky trade was Lombardi's GM playbook 101, a significant trade, that changed the Kings' History.... definitely, Visnovsky had bigger value, that's why you would have to package Anderson with someone else... to get the right pieces in place...

It's moot because Anderson isn't going anywhere. He's finishing his contract (if not his career) with the Kings.
May 17 at 5:42 p.m.
I don't know if I would call him a shutdown defenseman, I would call him "Martinez Light" defenseman... and Martinez is a really good defenseman...but not a shutdown defenseman...McNabb is the Shutdown Defenseman, or Green, Regehr, I would call him " all round defensman" if we can agree on that?

No, he's a shutdown defenseman. He's not a punishing physical defenseman like the guys you mentioned, but that's not the same thing.

He's LA's version of Mattias Samuelsson from Buffalo or Jonas Siegenthaler from New Jersey.
May 17 at 6:28 p.m.
Banned
It’s hard to imagine the Sabres giving up Kulich or pick 11 for Danault & a guy they don’t have interest in. That’s a massive overpay on their end

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll