NMC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
UFA
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
UFA
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$7,500,000$7,500,000
G
RFA
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD
RFA - 1
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
G
RFA
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
C, LW
RFA
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 18 at 9:28 p.m.
Why does Ullmark’s price keep going up?
May 18 at 9:50 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506

Not sure why people keep on trying to include Bahl in the deal with the Bruins either.
dgibb10 liked this.
May 18 at 9:51 p.m.
Quoting: Celtics21
Not sure why people keep on trying to include Bahl in the deal with the Bruins either.

Because Wotherspoon.
May 18 at 9:52 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

Yeah I really question the fit there. If they didn't get Peeke sure, but with Peeke, Bahl seems redundant
May 18 at 9:53 p.m.
Because Wotherspoon.

Wotherspoon played better than Bahl. I’d like an upgrade at the 6th D.
BruinsWoahWoah liked this.
May 18 at 9:55 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Wotherspoon played better than Bahl. I’d like an upgrade at the 6th D.

Wotherspoon had shockingly good results in his NHL stint, but I don't think he can be trusted to do that all year. Bahl imo would be an upgrade on him, but the fit doesn't work
Quaider11 liked this.
May 18 at 10:01 p.m.

There’s no reason to pay this price. Boston’s hand is forced. The only thing to be is the best offer, not full value. They will not receive a similar offer from LAK, EDM, TOR or COL.
May 18 at 10:27 p.m.
Quoting: NJTM
There’s no reason to pay this price. Boston’s hand is forced. The only thing to be is the best offer, not full value. They will not receive a similar offer from LAK, EDM, TOR or COL.

I would bet Ullmark brings back at least a 1st from some team... a lot of teams are going to be in the goalie market this offseason and Ullmark might be the best one available.
May 18 at 10:31 p.m.
Quoting: BruinsWoahWoah
I would bet Ullmark brings back at least a 1st from some team... a lot of teams are going to be in the goalie market this offseason and Ullmark might be the best one available.

What team do you suppose this is? Colorado does not have its 2025 first, neither does Toronto. Edmonton doesn’t have its 2024 first. Los Angeles has to empty their bank account for Quinton Byfield and probably can’t take on Linus Ullmark without shedding significant salary (Dubois).

NJD has the most draft capital after a trade deadline season of selling and acquiring extra draft capital. The Devils would have the most ammo to go after Linus Ullmark.
May 18 at 10:59 p.m.
What team do you suppose this is? Colorado does not have its 2025 first, neither does Toronto. Edmonton doesn’t have its 2024 first. Los Angeles has to empty their bank account for Quinton Byfield and probably can’t take on Linus Ullmark without shedding significant salary (Dubois).

NJD has the most draft capital after a trade deadline season of selling and acquiring extra draft capital. The Devils would have the most ammo to go after Linus Ullmark.

Teams that could/should be in the goaltender market: Chicago, Colorado, Columbus, Detroit, Edmonton, LAK, Montreal, New Jersey, Ottawa, Pitt, Philly, San Jose, Toronto, and Utah. Some of those teams like Pitt/Columbus/Ottawa probably won't be aggressive in adding a goalie given their cap situation/goalie contracts on the roster. I don't think Boston would trade Ullmark to Toronto unless its a massive overpay.

Colorado, Detroit, Edmonton, LAK, and New Jersey will probably be the most aggressive because they are good teams that could be contenders but are held back by their goaltending situations. LAK has $19M+ in cap space and some middle 6 forwards to sign. They can afford Ullmark without shedding PLD. I don't think Boston would care much about 2024 1st vs 2025 1st. We'll see but I think some team will give them a 1st and possibly a mid-round pick for Ullmark.

1st and 3rd seems to be the historical comp for a Vezina caliber goalie
Bruinadian67 liked this.
May 18 at 11:12 p.m.
Quoting: BruinsWoahWoah
Teams that could/should be in the goaltender market: Chicago, Colorado, Columbus, Detroit, Edmonton, LAK, Montreal, New Jersey, Ottawa, Pitt, Philly, San Jose, Toronto, and Utah. Some of those teams like Pitt/Columbus/Ottawa probably won't be aggressive in adding a goalie given their cap situation/goalie contracts on the roster. I don't think Boston would trade Ullmark to Toronto unless its a massive overpay.

Colorado, Detroit, Edmonton, LAK, and New Jersey will probably be the most aggressive because they are good teams that could be contenders but are held back by their goaltending situations. LAK has $19M+ in cap space and some middle 6 forwards to sign. They can afford Ullmark without shedding PLD. I don't think Boston would care much about 2024 1st vs 2025 1st. We'll see but I think some team will give them a 1st and possibly a mid-round pick for Ullmark.

1st and 3rd seems to be the historical comp for a Vezina caliber goalie

Let’s put all these teams into categories.
Teams that should not spend futures to acquire a goaltender on an expiring contract: Montreal, Ottawa, San Jose, Columbus, Chicago
Teams with two goaltenders under contract for next season that don’t need to pay a first round pick for an upgrade: Utah, Philadelphia, Detroit
Teams in complete salary distress that can’t do it: Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Detroit (has to sign Lucas Raymond and Moritz Seider to contracts)

This leaves Toronto (who Boston won’t trade with), Colorado, New Jersey and Edmonton. New Jersey has the most draft capital out of all those teams. All of those other teams have minimal draft assets after several years of trading away draft picks at the trade deadline. The only bids NJD has to beat are those from other teams that have a recent history of trading away draft picks.
May 18 at 11:12 p.m.
Reality is Jersey is right behind Toronto in the if “all things are equal” group. Jersey lacks 2024 draft capital they’d be willing to give up and has one of the weaker systems now that players have graduated. They have few prospects that are pretty interesting
May 18 at 11:17 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
Wotherspoon had shockingly good results in his NHL stint, but I don't think he can be trusted to do that all year. Bahl imo would be an upgrade on him, but the fit doesn't work

Wotherspoon played better than him and Bahl’s overall upside is limited. How is he an upgrade? I do think he’s a useful defenseman, but I’d prefer a better option at 6. Wotherspoon is fine as the 7th guy
May 18 at 11:19 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Wotherspoon played better than him and Bahl’s overall upside is limited. How is he an upgrade?

I agree with both these takes.

But we're talking about a 27 year old career AHLer. How much faith do we truly have in Wotherspoon going into next year? He was a pleasant surprise, but as a betting man I don't think I'd have faith in him repeating it
May 18 at 11:24 p.m.
Edited May 18 at 11:31 p.m.
I agree with both these takes.

But we're talking about a 27 year old career AHLer. How much faith do we truly have in Wotherspoon going into next year? He was a pleasant surprise, but as a betting man I don't think I'd have faith in him repeating it

I think I’ve had this discussion with you in the past. I believe there are a lot of guys in the AHL who can produce at the same level of a lot of “prospects”. Him and Brazeau are prime examples of that point.

Wotherspoon’s play has me believing in his capabilities as a 7th D man. Probably want a player better than Bahl for our 6th opposite Peeke. Certainly want a player with more puck skills opposite him.

Peeke also looked very good after the acquisition from Columbus
dgibb10 liked this.
May 18 at 11:25 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I think I’ve had this discussion with you in the past. I believe there are a lot of guys in the AHL who can produce at the same level of a lot of “prospects”. Him and Brazeau are prime examples of that point.

Wotherspoon’s play has me believing in his capabilities as a 7th D man. Probably want a player better than Bahl for our 6th opposite Peeke. Certainly want a player with more pick skills opposite him.

Peeke also looked very good after the acquisition from Columbus

I'd agree with all of that.

Obviously skeptical and would need to see more from Wotherspoon for me to trust him as a 6D, but as a 7D I'd give him that shot. And I'd agree that Bahl's skillset would be somewhat obsolete in Boston alongside Peeke. You'd almost need to play Bahl alongside either Carlo or McAvoy, but you likely don't want to be giving bahl the minutes that requires
May 18 at 11:28 p.m.
Reality is Jersey is right behind Toronto in the if “all things are equal” group. Jersey lacks 2024 draft capital they’d be willing to give up and has one of the weaker systems now that players have graduated. They have few prospects that are pretty interesting

Why do 2024 draft picks need to be in play? There’s no reason for any team acquiring Ullmark to execute this trade before the draft. The only reason to include a 2024 draft pick would be to lower the price on the trade. If Boston wants 2024 draft picks, they’ll have to concede something else in this trade because it’s not strictly necessary for the team acquiring Ullmark to do it.
May 18 at 11:34 p.m.
Edited May 18 at 11:45 p.m.
I'd agree with all of that.

Obviously skeptical and would need to see more from Wotherspoon for me to trust him as a 6D, but as a 7D I'd give him that shot. And I'd agree that Bahl's skillset would be somewhat obsolete in Boston alongside Peeke. You'd almost need to play Bahl alongside either Carlo or McAvoy, but you likely don't want to be giving bahl the minutes that requires

Bahl is a good defensive prospect for a 6th/7th guy. Pretty useful near a puck mover. I sound critical of him, but it’s more I don’t see the fit in Boston and feel you should cover him more with your current defense

I think you’d be just as skeptical of Bahl as we would Wotherspoon
dgibb10 liked this.
May 18 at 11:37 p.m.
Why do 2024 draft picks need to be in play? There’s no reason for any team acquiring Ullmark to execute this trade before the draft. The only reason to include a 2024 draft pick would be to lower the price on the trade. If Boston wants 2024 draft picks, they’ll have to concede something else in this trade because it’s not strictly necessary for the team acquiring Ullmark to do it.

Why wouldn’t they be? It isn’t like there are an abundance of goalie options out there that are even remotely close to him.

I don’t believe Saros is available and Markstrom is older. Pretty comfortable about Boston’s position out there with how many crap goalies there are on good teams
May 18 at 11:47 p.m.
Why wouldn’t they be? It isn’t like there are an abundance of goalie options out there that are even remotely close to him.

I don’t believe Saros is available and Markstrom is older. Pretty comfortable about Boston’s position out there with how many crap goalies there are on good teams

Any team wishing to acquire Ullmark can simply wait until after the draft to do it. Boston is stuck here because they have to move off Ullmark. Boston isn’t going to be able to dictate the terms of this negotiation no matter who it is with.

Wanting to acquire 2024 draft picks indicates a sense of time sensitivity from Boston. There’s no reason for any team wishing to acquire Ullmark to play along with this unless there is something in it for them.
May 19 at 12:16 a.m.
Any team wishing to acquire Ullmark can simply wait until after the draft to do it. Boston is stuck here because they have to move off Ullmark. Boston isn’t going to be able to dictate the terms of this negotiation no matter who it is with.

Wanting to acquire 2024 draft picks indicates a sense of time sensitivity from Boston. There’s no reason for any team wishing to acquire Ullmark to play along with this unless there is something in it for them.

They technically don’t have to move him. They can afford him, but it means going with a young forward like Lysell over a more established forward. My belief is they can wait if they choose to, but not sure why they would need to,

There is more of a need for a goalie of his caliber out there than capable options and all you have to look at the utter disaster NJ just went through last year when many of you were trying to sell Vanacek/Schmid as a viable option.

Teams generally want to solve issues before FA when the options in FA suck
May 19 at 12:21 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Bahl is a good defensive prospect for a 6th/7th guy. Pretty useful near a puck mover. I sound critical of him, but it’s more I don’t see the fit in Boston and feel you should cover him more with your current defense

I think you’d be just as skeptical of Bahl as we would Wotherspoon

I agree with that. I think we're pretty much on the same page on this one,

Wotherspoon had a very good year this year, but concerns about if he can repeat it

Bahl can be a number 5/6 with limited upside to turn into a defensive number 4 at best. I think we're on the same page about his flaws, limitations, and strengths, and areas to grow.

And that he isn't a fit next to Peeke. Boston would probably have to play him alongside McAvoy or Carlo for him to be at his best, and then he'd be playing a quantity of minutes that would be better suited going to Lindholm and Lohrei.
Celtics21 liked this.
May 19 at 12:55 a.m.
Boston should have traded Ullmark at the TDL. Maybe then they would’ve gotten a first for him. I am extremely confident he will not get a first and return a package that might seem pretty underwhelming to Boston fans. He has 1 year left on his deal and while there are a lot of teams that could use a goalie, he’s not the only one available. Boston also needs to move him or they risk letting him walk for free at the end of next year and miss out on vital futures they kind of really need considering their draft picks and prospect pool. He will get a 2nd and some kind of C+\B prospect and yall will like it.
May 19 at 3:31 a.m.
Edited May 19 at 4:22 a.m.
Quoting: KDev
Boston should have traded Ullmark at the TDL. Maybe then they would’ve gotten a first for him. I am extremely confident he will not get a first and return a package that might seem pretty underwhelming to Boston fans. He has 1 year left on his deal and while there are a lot of teams that could use a goalie, he’s not the only one available. Boston also needs to move him or they risk letting him walk for free at the end of next year and miss out on vital futures they kind of really need considering their draft picks and prospect pool. He will get a 2nd and some kind of C+\B prospect and yall will like it.

He’s likely the best goalie available unless Saros gets on the open market. Markstrom is older and outside of Stolarz, I wouldnt be too excited about any of the free agent options.

If Jersey wants to get better in goal, my belief is Ullmark is their best realistic acquisition and I think it’s probably the best possible outcome for him from a family standpoint.

The reality is Ullmark will get a rental rate. That’s likely a late first or a second and a good prospect. If it’s a second and a good prospect, I believe there are other teams who can easily beat out a Jersey package unless they are putting Seamus Casey into the deal,

At the deadline, Boston was dealing with their own cap issues. I thought there might be a possibility of a Toffoli and 2025 2nd at the deadline, but it didn’t happen.

My guess is if it’s an “underwhelming return”, he will have been shipped to a team in other conference to ensure that one of the weaker teams in the east doesn’t improve. It is a competition.

NJ and Boston can pair up to numerous deals that make sense. I’m not too stressed unless Sweeney tries to do a pairing with an existing player making similar money or more.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll