SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Surprises

Surprises

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: LucaC
Published: May 13 at 4:40 p.m.
May 13 at 8:00 p.m.
Parekh over Levshunov is a massive mistake. So is Iginla over Lindstrom.

If the Sens take Sennecke over any of those 4 D-man after I'd laugh.

I know by the title this is just for fun though.

That's the steal of the decade so far for Minnesota.
May 13 at 9:12 p.m.
Quoting: BillytheKid3

I don’t think Parekh is under Levshunov by that much, Parekh has more offensive upside but Levshunov has more size, both need a little help defensively I think that comes down to who you like better as a teammate and a locker room guy honestly.

And Iginla and Lindstrom I feel is a toss up as well! Lindstrom is a freak size wise and potential but is very raw and yes has a higher Ceiling than Iginla but I feel Iginla has a much higher Floor and that could sway some GM’s

And yea Sens take Yakemchuk with a gaping hole in their RD or Buium if he is comfortable as a LHRD I guess.
BillytheKid3 liked this.
May 13 at 9:50 p.m.
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
I don’t think Parekh is under Levshunov by that much, Parekh has more offensive upside but Levshunov has more size, both need a little help defensively I think that comes down to who you like better as a teammate and a locker room guy honestly.

And Iginla and Lindstrom I feel is a toss up as well! Lindstrom is a freak size wise and potential but is very raw and yes has a higher Ceiling than Iginla but I feel Iginla has a much higher Floor and that could sway some GM’s

And yea Sens take Yakemchuk with a gaping hole in their RD or Buium if he is comfortable as a LHRD I guess.

In leagues like the NFL, you you certainly use high picks to draft depth chart and positional needs. In the NHL it’s BAP (best available player) in the top 10. The Sens use the 7 pick on who’s the best regardless of handedness in the D-man (this gets me ripped by Sens fans on Capfriendly lol). I think Dickinson has been overlooked for a top 5 pick and so has Buium.

As for the Levshunov v. Parekh debate, Levshunov producing like he did at MSU against 21-22 year olds was impressive. I would have loved to see him in the OHL but overall I think he’s the better defensemen. I just think he’s the much safer pick.

Iginla will be a great pick for anyone in the top 15. I wish Lindstrom didn’t get injured because if he’s healthy all year he’s a no doubt top 5, I love the way he plays.

Catton is the most underrated player in the draft this year by a mile. Utah or Ottawa have to consider him at 6-7 I don’t think that would be a bad pick at all.

**note: I’m literally sitting in my armchair having a beer writing this, this is solely based on killing time watching tape and some important games e.i. London vs. Saginaw and the NCAA finals. I’m not a pro scout lol**
Rob32sjsharks liked this.
May 13 at 10:42 p.m.
In leagues like the NFL, you you certainly use high picks to draft depth chart and positional needs. In the NHL it’s BAP (best available player) in the top 10. The Sens use the 7 pick on who’s the best regardless of handedness in the D-man (this gets me ripped by Sens fans on Capfriendly lol). I think Dickinson has been overlooked for a top 5 pick and so has Buium.

As for the Levshunov v. Parekh debate, Levshunov producing like he did at MSU against 21-22 year olds was impressive. I would have loved to see him in the OHL but overall I think he’s the better defensemen. I just think he’s the much safer pick.

Iginla will be a great pick for anyone in the top 15. I wish Lindstrom didn’t get injured because if he’s healthy all year he’s a no doubt top 5, I love the way he plays.

Catton is the most underrated player in the draft this year by a mile. Utah or Ottawa have to consider him at 6-7 I don’t think that would be a bad pick at all.

**note: I’m literally sitting in my armchair having a beer writing this, this is solely based on killing time watching tape and some important games e.i. London vs. Saginaw and the NCAA finals. I’m not a pro scout lol**

See you’re not wrong here! And I’m not disagreeing much!
I will say that BPA is usually the wisest choice… but when you have 3 good LD under 30 and little to no RD players or prospects then while best player is there you may have to reach a tad to fill a need.
BillytheKid3 liked this.
May 13 at 11:09 p.m.
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
See you’re not wrong here! And I’m not disagreeing much!
I will say that BPA is usually the wisest choice… but when you have 3 good LD under 30 and little to no RD players or prospects then while best player is there you may have to reach a tad to fill a need.

That’s probably why I’m not on the payroll.
May 14 at 7:17 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Would be very happy with Dickinson as NJD
May 14 at 3:05 p.m.

1. Yea it's just for fun
2. Reasoning of Parekh>Lev is that Anaheim has taken alot of OHL guys in recent years so I feel it fits them. Drysdale, Perrault,McTavish and Mintyukov. last 3 years only one of their 1st rounders isn't from the O (Carlsson)
3. Too me it just seems like a Habs pick ig
4. I'm a sens fan, I picked Sennecke because we'll need a RW before we need a LD and I'm not high on Yak.
BillytheKid3 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll