3$950,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$2,500,000
3$2,900,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Yurov, Danila [Reserve List]
Additional Details:
Some will tell you it isn't enough and i actually think that a good package but it's very unlikely Minnesota actually move yurov. Unless they value Matheson has much as i do
MIN
  1. Barron, Justin [RFA Rights]
  2. Beck, Owen
  3. Matheson, Michael
  4. Struble, Jayden
  5. 2024 1st round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
Matheson is obviously the center piece in the deal, you get to choose 2 prospects out of the trio struble beck and barron
MTL
  1. Johnson, Kent [RFA Rights]
CBJ
  1. Heineman, Emil
  2. Mesar, Filip
  3. 2024 2nd round pick (COL)
  4. 2024 3rd round pick (MTL)
  5. 2025 1st round pick (CGY)
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$87,700,000$69,021,250$1,022,500$4,670,000$18,678,750
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$2,900,000$2,900,000
LW, C
RFA
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RW
RFA
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
RD
RFA - 2
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
RFA
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 13 at 4:12 p.m.
IdealIdea
The habs getting robbed worse than the Antwerp diamond heist by Minnesota.
May 13 at 4:16 p.m.
To be very clear, total value aside, because I'm sure everyone will say "that's way too much value", Minnesota isn't trading Yurov unless there is one singular better piece coming back that comprises 100% of total value of the return

Minnesota sees Yurov as the future 1C here, and one of the primary pieces that they hope entices Kaprizov to extend. It would take a better center prospect to move him. Matheson as the centerpiece with a bunch of other super mediocre/average prospects isn't even close to what Minnesota needs to consider trading Yurov.
May 13 at 4:18 p.m.
not a he )
When you find yourself still adding more and more pieces to one side of a trade to make it more fair, it's a bad trade.
BoomerTheHero, Caerii, Viqsi and 1 other person liked this.
May 13 at 4:24 p.m.
Quoting: Caerii
To be very clear, total value aside, because I'm sure everyone will say "that's way too much value", Minnesota isn't trading Yurov unless there is one singular better piece coming back that comprises 100% of total value of the return

Minnesota sees Yurov as the future 1C here, and one of the primary pieces that they hope entices Kaprizov to extend. It would take a better center prospect to move him. Matheson as the centerpiece with a bunch of other super mediocre/average prospects isn't even close to what Minnesota needs to consider trading Yurov.

Ok, fair point, and I agree. BUT, if Minnesota were to conclude they can't re-sign Kaprisov, then this trade is very enticing. I'm not sure any team would offer a better C prospect.
And by the way, this is why I don't understand why they want to move Rossi. He's going to be a great C.
Quoting: squashmaple
When you find yourself still adding more and more pieces to one side of a trade to make it more fair, it's a bad trade.

There is a lot of value going to Minny here. Just because Minny has the best player in the trade, it doesn't discount the solid Dcore coming back the other way.
May 13 at 4:25 p.m.
As a Habs fan I'm not sure I like this trade.
May 13 at 4:28 p.m.
Quoting: Ste_Catherine_Street
Ok, fair point, and I agree. BUT, if Minnesota were to conclude they can't re-sign Kaprisov, then this trade is very enticing

No it's not, because if Kaprizov leaves, we're still going to want our dynamic 1C prospect more than we want what's in this package

And by the way, this is why I don't understand why they want to move Rossi. He's going to be a great C.

They will only move Rossi if they can find a similar piece (age, upside) with more size, or an upgrade with more size/speed/skill. Most fans don't agree with trading Rossi in a vacuum, but if they really could get an upgrade, or a similar piece with more size, then go for it.
May 13 at 6:45 p.m.
mostly harmless
There is a lot of value going to Minny here. Just because Minny has the best player in the trade, it doesn't discount the solid Dcore coming back the other way.

That post was in reference to the KJ trade as well.
benjgc liked this.
May 13 at 11:59 p.m.
Osiecki death stare
Ok, fair point, and I agree. BUT, if Minnesota were to conclude they can't re-sign Kaprisov, then this trade is very enticing. I'm not sure any team would offer a better C prospect.

What are you talking about? Yurov is the best center in that trade. What does Kaprizov signing or not signing have to do with Yurov?

If I offer you 4 2nd round picks and Carson Lambos for the 5th overall pick, are you pulling the trigger? Cause that’s how this trade looks to a Minnesota fan.
May 14 at 11:24 a.m.
Quoting: Digitalbooya06
What are you talking about? Yurov is the best center in that trade. What does Kaprizov signing or not signing have to do with Yurov?

If I offer you 4 2nd round picks and Carson Lambos for the 5th overall pick, are you pulling the trigger? Cause that’s how this trade looks to a Minnesota fan.

Omg dude. You're an overdramatic tool. Get off the website if you're so emotional.
May 14 at 1:13 p.m.
Osiecki death stare
Omg dude. You're an overdramatic tool. Get off the website if you're so emotional.

Nice projection.

Curious to know which part of my post was so dramatic. Yurov being the best center in the trade or trying to show you how bad the proposal looks from a non habs fan perspective?
May 14 at 1:54 p.m.
Nice projection.

Curious to know which part of my post was so dramatic. Yurov being the best center in the trade or trying to show you how bad the proposal looks from a non habs fan perspective?

Read my original post properly. I never said Yurov *wasn't* the best C prospect in the trade. The other person had mentioned Minnesota would want a better C prospect than Yurov, and all I said is I don't see another team offering a *better* prospect than *Yurov*
If you think Mtls offer here is worth 4 2d round picks, sorry, you're a moron. If you're being overdramatic to prove a point, than no one will listen to you.
SMH liked this.
May 14 at 3:58 p.m.
Osiecki death stare
Read my original post properly. I never said Yurov *wasn't* the best C prospect in the trade. The other person had mentioned Minnesota would want a better C prospect than Yurov, and all I said is I don't see another team offering a *better* prospect than *Yurov*
If you think Mtls offer here is worth 4 2d round picks, sorry, you're a moron. If you're being overdramatic to prove a point, than no one will listen to you.

Thought you were talking about Beck.

I wouldn’t pay a 1st for a single one of those pieces (excluding the 1st). The fact that Matheson is considered the center piece is abysmal.

I tell you what though, I’ll give you Lambos+O’Rourke+Hunt+Chisholm+Beckman for Reinbacher. How many mediocre pieces does it take, amirite?
May 14 at 4:01 p.m.
Mr.
Thought you were talking about Beck.

I wouldn’t pay a 1st for a single one of those pieces (excluding the 1st). The fact that Matheson is considered the center piece is abysmal.

I tell you what though, I’ll give you Lambos+O’Rourke+Hunt+Chisholm+Beckman for Reinbacher. How many mediocre pieces does it take, amirite?

The disrespect Matheson gets here is unbelievable
May 14 at 4:02 p.m.
Osiecki death stare
Quoting: SMH

He doesn’t fit the core of the Wild. I’m sorry if that hurts your feelings.
May 14 at 4:04 p.m.
Mr.
He doesn’t fit the core of the Wild. I’m sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Feelings ? It's a website to discuss hockey. And you're being ridiculous or simply clueless about certain hockey players
May 14 at 4:08 p.m.

It's because your fanbase overrates him while simultaneously trying to move him in every thread. He's an average middle pair OFD, but I have straight up seen Canadiens fans tell people he's a #1, or a top pair guy at least, because he scored 60 points (largely on the PP). Put him on a real team with real top pairing defensemen and he's not touching those numbers again.

Stop shoving him down everyone's throat as if he's some universally highly valued top pair defenseman, and start treating him like the player he is, and you won't see as much disrespect towards him.
squashmaple and RazWild liked this.
May 14 at 4:10 p.m.
Mr.
It's because your fanbase overrates him while simultaneously trying to move him in every thread. He's an average middle pair OFD, but I have straight up seen Canadiens fans tell people he's a #1, or a top pair guy at least, because he scored 60 points (largely on the PP). Put him on a real team with real top pairing defensemen and he's not touching those numbers again.

Stop shoving him down everyone's throat as if he's some universally highly valued top pair defenseman, and start treating him like the player he is, and you won't see as much disrespect towards him.

His TOI says he's a no. 1 defenseman
May 14 at 4:13 p.m.
His TOI says he's a no. 1 defenseman

Yeah, that proves my point. He was playing 18 minutes on Pittsburgh and Florida before coming to Montreal. He's getting 25 minutes on Montreal because you guys don't have anything better. If you guys had real top pairing defensemen he'd be playing middle pair minutes again.
May 14 at 4:47 p.m.
Mr.
Yeah, that proves my point. He was playing 18 minutes on Pittsburgh and Florida before coming to Montreal. He's getting 25 minutes on Montreal because you guys don't have anything better. If you guys had real top pairing defensemen he'd be playing middle pair minutes again.

Montreal had the most one goal game losses in the league and it wasn't due to the defense it was because the forward group couldn't score
May 14 at 4:49 p.m.
Montreal had the most one goal game losses in the league and it wasn't due to the defense it was because the forward group couldn't score

Montreal was tied for 5th highest goals against per game, your offense and your defense both suck. That's why you're drafting 5th again next month.
May 14 at 4:50 p.m.
Osiecki death stare
Feelings ? It's a website to discuss hockey. And you're being ridiculous or simply clueless about certain hockey players

Listen dude, you can keep him if he’s so great.

The Wild already have 11 players that are over 30. They need to be adding to two age groups:

25-27 year olds: Kaprizov, Eriksson Ek, Gustavsson

20-23 year olds: Faber, Boldy, Rossi, Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, Yurov

The Wild need to add to those groups, not detract from them.

You specifically asked for Yurov, whom most Wild fans look at as the future 1C. Not only that, but trading Yurov would almost assuredly piss off Kaprizov and push him towards not re-signing. Not getting a similar level player back for him would be catastrophic.

Ask yourself if you’d rather have 5th overall or the package you offered above.
May 14 at 4:50 p.m.
Mr.
Montreal was tied for 5th highest goals against per game, your offense and your defense both suck. That's why you're drafting 5th again next month.

Why's the devils drafting 10th ? And Why's their GM willing to move the pick ?
May 14 at 4:51 p.m.
Why's the devils drafting 10th ? And Why's their GM willing to move the pick ?

I'm not a Devils fan, I don't give a **** about the Devils. Whataboutisms aren't going to get you anywhere.
squashmaple liked this.
May 14 at 4:53 p.m.
Mr.
Listen dude, you can keep him if he’s so great.

The Wild already have 11 players that are over 30. They need to be adding to two age groups:

25-27 year olds: Kaprizov, Eriksson Ek, Gustavsson

20-23 year olds: Faber, Boldy, Rossi, Ohgren, Khusnutdinov, Yurov

The Wild need to add to those groups, not detract from them.

You specifically asked for Yurov, whom most Wild fans look at as the future 1C. Not only that, but trading Yurov would almost assuredly piss off Kaprizov and push him towards not re-signing. Not getting a similar level player back for him would be catastrophic.

Ask yourself if you’d rather have 5th overall or the package you offered above.

Yes, we could keep him and most people in montreal will agree with keeping him, but montreal are in a rebuild and if they have the option to sell on a player with an all time high value they should seriously consider doing so.
May 14 at 4:54 p.m.
Mr.
I'm not a Devils fan, I don't give a **** about the Devils. Whataboutisms aren't going to get you anywhere.

Relax, it's a hockey discussion, no need to get heated

And i got mixed up with a different thread. Matheson is a top pair D

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll