SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Montreal Playing like Expansion Team Quebec Wanted :)...

Will Montreal turn things around to at least make the Playoffs?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 17, 2017 at 5:12 p.m.
Well with Montreal getting beat by a team like the Coyotes who I think got their first win in regulation... Its starting to look like they are playing like the expansion team Quebec City wanted smile. So who needs expansion there when got a team who has the Cup history combined with playing like an expansion team or choking via injury or whatever other reason. I thought when they made the Weber trade they had a nice shot to make a Cup run only to falter. Now I'm starting to think this could be an ugly few years with the contract they gave Price who can't seem to stay healthy along with losing Radulov among other moves or the trade to Tampa for example. Quebec was a failed franchise before moving to Colorado to win some Championships... Though Montreal has a long history where losing wont be tolerated or accepted for long if at all.

So this season will Montreal get their act together to make the Playoffs or will they be hoping to win the Draft Lottery?
Nov. 18, 2017 at 9:40 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
As much as I hate seeing the Habs lose, seeing other teams like EDM or TOR draft franchise players 1st overall, and because of that the teams in general look promising for years to come. I wouldn't mind an off year by the Habs where hopefully they can get lucky with the draft lottery and get Dahlin 1st overall. It would be a breath of fresh air knowing there's another player aside from Price that Habs fans can see night in night out that will show a lot of hope for a contending team. So I'll be happy if they can start winning again, but I wouldn't be too upset if they keep losing. #Tank4Dahlin
Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:18 a.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
As much as I hate seeing the Habs lose, seeing other teams like EDM or TOR draft franchise players 1st overall, and because of that the teams in general look promising for years to come. I wouldn't mind an off year by the Habs where hopefully they can get lucky with the draft lottery and get Dahlin 1st overall. It would be a breath of fresh air knowing there's another player aside from Price that Habs fans can see night in night out that will show a lot of hope for a contending team. So I'll be happy if they can start winning again, but I wouldn't be too upset if they keep losing. #Tank4Dahlin

Yeah my teams don't seem to have the best track record drafting early in 1st round historically either smile. Even some later picks Kings taking Forbort over a Tarasenko. In the Brown draft they had like 3 first round picks. Even when they took Drew Doughty they passed on King Karl taking Voynov in second round who was decent for the Cup ruins. I still remember when the Kings took Aki Berg when were really bad, Stamkos went before Drew so that would have been interesting to see him in LA. They lost Thomas Hickey who was a top 5 pick on waivers to the Islanders. Sharks took Faloon or whatever his name, Knights its too early to tell how they did other than speculate.

Oilers had enough shots at 1st overall only to finally get things right with McDavid, Toronto got their big player though still blew that game vs. Boston when were up like 3 goals or whatever it was smile. Montreal traded somebody to Tampa who might be elite so that would anger me too. I'm not a big fan of Drouin, they lost Markov so maybe having the D-man they traded over him would fit better. That Price contract makes me think of the Islanders who had Yashin/Dipietro on expensive bad deals. They blew it ditching Luongo, getting Dipietro, finally got things right with Tavares. AS bad as NYI might look at times at least they have him, good luck getting Dahlin smile. I'd rather be really bad to have a shot to win lottery than just miss playoffs or lose in 1st round personally.
Nov. 26, 2017 at 11:57 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Remember it's a draft lottery. Even finishing last only gets you a 30% of winning the 1st pick.
Since you mentioned Quebec. How's this. Montreal has usually stayed away from a "rebuild" cause they know fans will stay away from Bell Centre. So let the team play in Quebec for three years for the rebuild, fans there will be so happy to an NHL team, and maybe show they can support an NHL franchise. Then the Canadians return conquering heroes to Montreal, and gets good attendance with an improving team.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit