SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Ottawa Senators

Clarke MacArthur - Retirement?

Is this the end for MacArthur?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 17, 2017 at 2:33 a.m.
Pierre Dorion said in an interview Tuesday that it was unlikely Clarke MacArthur would return to play in the NHL and that MacArthur has already moved to Florida. Does this mark the end of his career? MacArthur endured at least four concussions during an 18-month span in 2015 and 2016. He made a remarkable return last season, playing in the final 4 regular-season games and suited up for 19 playoff games where he posted 3 goals and 6 assists for 9 points. He scored the series-winning goal in overtime VS Boston in Game 6 and his return was the feel-good story of the year for the Senators alongside Nicole Anderson becoming cancer-free... but was it all too much for him? There was always a glimmer of hope MacArthur could return to the ice at some point, but that flame is all but extinguished now.

February 16, 2015 - MacArthur collides with previous Senators goaltender Robin Lehner, both are diagnosed with concussions.
October 20, 2015 - MacArthur is revealed to have suffered a concussion VS Columbus on October 14.
September 25, 2016 - Newly-acquired defenceman Patrick Sieloff hits MacArthur into the boards during training camp, suffers another concussion.
January 20, 2016 - MacArthur is sidelined for the remainder of the 16-17 season due to post-concussion syndrome.
September 14, 2017 - MacArthur fails physical and would not attend training camp

Is this the end for MacArthur? Or will he make another return?

Nov. 17, 2017 at 11:57 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
first, +1 for the dramatic formatting at the end. well done.

second, ...probably. his concussion history's nasty as hell, and, even though concussions affect everybody differently, having had that many concussions usually tanks your probability of being able to withstand the kind of physical contact an NHL player receives without definitely-permanent damage. I was personally impressed (and, frankly, kinda worried) that he made a comeback in last year's playoffs. if I had to take a stab at the state of his brain, I'd say he should "retire" and collect that paycheck until his contract is up. his health absolutely should come first.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 4:26 a.m.
Shame I always thought he was a decent player then he just sorta vanished or went away. Not sure if he will just retire or has a contract where keeps getting set on exempt list or whatever. I had wondered where he was but not a real fan of watching Senators games smile. I remember after 1st period of Rangers game the announcers or whatever said this is why Ottawa has empty seats their style of play... One guy called them the Rodney Dangerfield of the NHL... Duche seems to be taking shots but can't score a goal, must be cursed, maybe Mac can talk to him smile. Sometimes I wonder if they fail the player on the physical to get cap relief even if they could perhaps still play. I remember when Clarkson was big deal on Devils taking many shots each game on goal only to get that huge contract then suddenly fail physical etc...
Nov. 20, 2017 at 6:07 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: Daoloth
Shame I always thought he was a decent player then he just sorta vanished or went away. Not sure if he will just retire or has a contract where keeps getting set on exempt list or whatever. I had wondered where he was but not a real fan of watching Senators games smile. I remember after 1st period of Rangers game the announcers or whatever said this is why Ottawa has empty seats their style of play... One guy called them the Rodney Dangerfield of the NHL... Duche seems to be taking shots but can't score a goal, must be cursed, maybe Mac can talk to him smile. Sometimes I wonder if they fail the player on the physical to get cap relief even if they could perhaps still play. I remember when Clarkson was big deal on Devils taking many shots each game on goal only to get that huge contract then suddenly fail physical etc...
Amazing, how only about 1/3 of that block of text was about Clarke MacArthur.
Nov. 20, 2017 at 6:16 p.m.
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid

While your negative trolling attacking reply just mentions his name without anything other than insulting me... See people like you are why these forums are so dead in many cases... There still posts from July or whatever as the last message since nobody wants to bother... All my posts some asshole just takes 1 or 2 aspects then tries to attack as if they have any credibility... I don't attack people on their posts, I'm sick of **** from people like you or others on here and life... Drop Dead, how is that, Oh I hope Clarke MacArthur manages to play again though its probably best he don't... Happy Thanksgiving...
Nov. 20, 2017 at 7:09 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid

While your negative trolling attacking reply just mentions his name without anything other than insulting me... See people like you are why these forums are so dead in many cases... There still posts from July or whatever as the last message since nobody wants to bother... All my posts some asshole just takes 1 or 2 aspects then tries to attack as if they have any credibility... I don't attack people on their posts, I'm sick of **** from people like you or others on here and life... Drop Dead, how is that, Oh I hope Clarke MacArthur manages to play again though its probably best he don't... Happy Thanksgiving...
kk, toodles, have fun.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit