SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Dallas Stars

Dallas Stars, Cup Contender?

Can Dallas win it all?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 26, 2017 at 4:05 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Curious to see if people on this site feel like Dallas has a legitimate shot at the cup.
Oct. 26, 2017 at 5:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I don't think they'll do it but they're a cup contender IMO.
Oct. 27, 2017 at 12:44 a.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Absolutely. They have all the pieces in place to do so
Oct. 27, 2017 at 7:52 a.m.
get ur corsi up
To me what might hurt them the most, is the division their in. There’s just so much competition in the Central.
Oct. 27, 2017 at 5:51 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DarylthePony
To me what might hurt them the most, is the division their in. There’s just so much competition in the Central.

I definitely think they're in the top 5 of that division, and since the Central should have both wild cards, it'd be enough for a playoff spot in theory
Nov. 9, 2017 at 11:55 p.m.
While Dallas might have the talent on the nice, they lack the coach behind the bench to win the Cup... I think they might be a player or two away from really having a chance to win it all... Tampa would probably beat them if they managed to make it to the SCF... I think Dallas can make the Post Season, though I don't see them winning the West even if they can get a round or two with the current team... Now if they make a big trade or get another key player anything can happen... Bishop might be great but he always seems to get injured when he is needed most so until he can play a full season/post season without an injury fluke or otherwise I can't say they will contend for a Cup even if they were to make the finals... Ed Belfour competed on/off the ice, that team was stacked, yet they still barely won depending on who ask in Buffalo it might be a different answer too smile.
Nov. 11, 2017 at 12:33 p.m.
Banned
Stars Are Sitting In 2nd Place In Central Division 9-7-0 18 Points And St.Louis Got The Best Record In The Central Division 13-3-1 27 Points
Nov. 12, 2017 at 4:51 p.m.
Quoting: DetroitRedWingsFan2
Stars Are Sitting In 2nd Place In Central Division 9-7-0 18 Points And St.Louis Got The Best Record In The Central Division 13-3-1 27 Points

Well last time Stars won division they got bounced in like 2nd round by The Blues I think it was... They should make the Post Season though don't see them as a legit threat to win a Cup... Maybe they can win 1st round or 2nd round series to get to WCF for first time in like 10 years...

1. Ben Bishop health is always a concern, if he goes down they got "Let One In" in net who isn't going to win anything... Until Big Ben can stay healthy for an entire season including Post Season I wont trust him... when he is able to play he is probably the best USA born goalie currently playing including Quick though smile.

2. Ken Hitchcock isn't going to help them win more in post season... HE is a prick who pulled Bishop in a game when he shouldn't for example... HE does things that alienates his players, he under achieved with some stacks Blues teams I think had a shot to win a Cup or least get closer than did... It looked like Blues would miss out on Post Season to Kings or some other team until they fired him... Then they hired Yeo who often was blamed for the Wild choking in Post Season only to get them there. While the Wild seem to be a mess that will have to turn things around to even make the Playoffs right now...

3. While not a big fan of +/- ratings, their team seems to have some heavy minus players... It looks like they depend too much on the PP to generate goals/points much like Sharks had done in prior years... Only to run into tough 5 vs. 5 teams like Kings in Post Season who even down 3-0 still beat them on way to 2nd Cup.

4. I think teams like Tampa if they made it to the SCF would easily beat Dallas in 5 or 6 games at most... Its funny still have Buffalo fans cry about losing to Stars wanting refs to take away good goals or whatever... Yet they lost that series like 4-2, then Stars lose like 2-4 to Devils I think the next year.

5. I don't think Stars will make it out of the West even if they do well making Post Season etc... Maybe next year if they can get another impact player or some other teams tail off they will be more of a factor. I wish Bishop well though, just don't think they can win it all currently with roster they have and HC.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 9:04 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Dallas absolutely has a shot at the Cup. It's not surprising that they're starting a little slower than some might have expected. A lot of new players playing in a new system, so it's going to take some time for it to all mesh together. They still have to figure out what they're going to do with Jason Spezza for this season, so there's still some stuff to be figured out. But don't you worry, it'll come together for them.
Nov. 14, 2017 at 12:03 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
Dallas absolutely has a shot at the Cup. It's not surprising that they're starting a little slower than some might have expected. A lot of new players playing in a new system, so it's going to take some time for it to all mesh together. They still have to figure out what they're going to do with Jason Spezza for this season, so there's still some stuff to be figured out. But don't you worry, it'll come together for them.

Well they are going to have to improve vastly after getting whipped 5-1 by Carolina if they think they can win a Cup or anybody smile. Problem I see is their defense isn't deep enough, maybe a few of them are good like 2-3 though not 6 man deep like say a Nashville or even a team like Calgary. Then after Spezza, Seguin, Benn, Radulov they don't got much at forward, often in Post Season they can shut down the top scoring line or lines... Look at how deep the teams who were in SCF were last few years like Penguins had 3-4 lines deep that would be 2nd or 3rd line on many teams if not 1st in a few cases heh. Sharks were deeper at forward than Stars but didn't have enough to generate goals when needed. They also had Norris winner Burns on D, Predators had Subban playing on the 2nd pair to give an idea how solid they were overall.

I think best they can hope for is winning 2nd round of Post Season at the current state of the roster alone. Unless some serious injuries hit the West, I don't see them getting past teams like Sharks, Flames, Blues, if they have to face them in a 7 game series. Maybe they can swing a trade pick up an Evander Kane or an upgrade at Defense since don't think Methot will be enough to get them over the hump. Right now I think Tampa would be the favorite to win way they are playing... Though if compare their forwards/D to a team like Stars I think they have a major advantage so its daunting to expect them to win Cup as a serious contender even if made it vs. them or another team smile.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit