SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

What are the BUF thoughts on moving Sam Reinhart

Sep. 19, 2017 at 6:57 p.m.
bjprice
Edited Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:03 p.m.
I'm not a Sabres fan so I don't want to get all aggressive in your business.

But as a St. Louis fan, with Paul Stastny leaving next season we have a clear gap at 1 and 2C.

We are a good trading partner for a team looking for young defenseman.

In STL we have a potential gapfill 2C in Ivan Barbashev, but hes unproven for long-term top 6 and while he's got the skill for offense, his clear skill is 2-way play. Beyond that, Robby Fabbri is getting a look at C. Our prospects for 1/2C are essentially Robert Thomas (who has been our best performer thus far into preseason but will most likely return to London for one more season), a gamble on Fabbri, or a crapshoot.

So in the next 4+ years we have a gap.

But you sabres seem to be set as far as ROR and JE are so solid and long term. Reinhart does not seem like a 3C.

What if STL offered its best LHD prospect - 21 y/o offensive D Jake Walman and a player suited for 3C, either Barbashev or Berglund, for Reinhart?

Reinhart for Walman, Berglund.

or

Reinhart for Walman, Barbashev.

In result, STL can take over Reinhart's development and hopefully have C depth to include Fabbri, Reinhart, and Thomas in top 6.

Meanwhile BUF gets a substantial prospect in Walman and a more suited 3C in either the older and more expensive Berglund or the younger Barbashev.

Thoughts?
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:11 a.m.
Quoting: bjprice
I'm not a Sabres fan so I don't want to get all aggressive in your business.

But as a St. Louis fan, with Paul Stastny leaving next season we have a clear gap at 1 and 2C.

We are a good trading partner for a team looking for young defenseman.

In STL we have a potential gapfill 2C in Ivan Barbashev, but hes unproven for long-term top 6 and while he's got the skill for offense, his clear skill is 2-way play. Beyond that, Robby Fabbri is getting a look at C. Our prospects for 1/2C are essentially Robert Thomas (who has been our best performer thus far into preseason but will most likely return to London for one more season), a gamble on Fabbri, or a crapshoot.

So in the next 4+ years we have a gap.

But you sabres seem to be set as far as ROR and JE are so solid and long term. Reinhart does not seem like a 3C.

What if STL offered its best LHD prospect - 21 y/o offensive D Jake Walman and a player suited for 3C, either Barbashev or Berglund, for Reinhart?

Reinhart for Walman, Berglund.

or

Reinhart for Walman, Barbashev.

In result, STL can take over Reinhart's development and hopefully have C depth to include Fabbri, Reinhart, and Thomas in top 6.

Meanwhile BUF gets a substantial prospect in Walman and a more suited 3C in either the older and more expensive Berglund or the younger Barbashev.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are you should join the GM game and manage the team that currently has him and see what it takes!! We can all speculate, but it will ALL be different!!
Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:05 a.m.
I don't think Sabres want to move Reinhart we don't really need something that's worth him. With Kane going to fa we can't lose another top 6 guy. Yea I know Hes playing center bla bla bla we still need him
wojme and hadheath32 liked this.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 12:27 p.m.
Below Market Value
Hasn't Reinhart been playing on Eichel's wing?
wojme liked this.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 2:12 p.m.
I'm a Skatman
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

think so too. with Kane maybe leaving, he's their only mainstay for the top6 wing positions. they have no reason to move him if the offer doesn't blow them away
Sep. 20, 2017 at 8:05 p.m.
Quoting: Barathrum_Obama

think so too. with Kane maybe leaving, he's their only mainstay for the top6 wing positions. they have no reason to move him if the offer doesn't blow them away

That's what the Bruins will do
Sep. 21, 2017 at 10:13 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: PaulDunnill

The Bruins are gonna trade for Sam Reinhart?
wojme liked this.
Sep. 21, 2017 at 8:18 p.m.
bjprice
After considering the comments and Kaner situation my proposal is a bit ill timed.

That being said, and regardless of what happens, your future is bright. With young wingers (sometimes centers) Casey Mittelstadt, Nick Baptiste, and Alex Nylander, you guys have a massive arsenal just simmering in the background. Add 2 of those guys to Okposo, ROR, and JE and you have a core top 6 that will obliterate most teams.

It will be really helpful for those young wingers to have established centers in ROR and JE once they come of age.

Combined with some really interesting defensive depth, I am starting to think the upswing is going to accelerate really really fast.

Best of luck Buffalo-bros. I must admit I will be a bit of a fanboi once dinner is put on the table.

If somehow Reinhart (or Mittelstadt) makes his way here to STL I'm sure the return would be most beneficial to you as well.
wojme liked this.
Sep. 23, 2017 at 7:04 p.m.
Quoting: PaulDunnill

The Bruins are gonna trade for Sam Reinhart?

No, "blow them away" haha

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll