SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Boston Bruins

B's Prospects Who Could Break Camp w/ Big Club

Between the 4 prospects below, who are you most exited to see potentially play w/ Boston this year?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 18, 2017 at 9:22 a.m.
Alright B's fans, who is everyone most excited to see play w/ Boston this year (if they do at all). I know McAvoy is a lock for the team as is Bjork from the reports. Even still I throw in the word potentially because DeBrusk & JFK are still question marks

I'm really torn on this one TBH. McAvoy could be the future #1 of this team and probably has the most hype since Seguin. Bjork could be a diamond in the rough and potential missing piece to that Bergeron line. JFK touted as Bergeron-lite should get anyone excited as he could be a future Bergeron. DeBrusk brings a style of play Boston fans love, but the hype isn't as high with him. So much good young talent that Boston potentially has in the pipeline.

If I had to choose though, I'd say McAvoy. He potentially could be a corner stone of the defense for the next 12+ years and Chara's replacement as the #1 guy. In today's NHL that is so hard to find and he could be an impact player out of the gate.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 5:53 a.m.
I have to agree that it's McAvoy. To do what he did at the end of last year (playoffs) is crazy. A rookie making a debut in the most intense games and not looking out of place (plus being offensively productive) takes a special kind of player. His head is on straight too by the sound of his interviews. I don't think you can really compare him to Chara in the way that he is much more offensively gifted, but perhaps not as much a special "Shutdown Guy" that Z was/Is. Carlo might be more of a potential comparison to Chara because of his size. But honestly, no one in the league is as tough as Zdeno.

I have to admit I was not completely sold on Bjork (as you know ON3M4N), but I have been pleasantly surprised and playing with Marchy/Bergy could be a close second to McAvoy!! However, playing with those 2 is a huge bonus for anyone!!! I still think Heinen is "heady" enough to play with those 2 and do well too, but it seems they're so far giving the opportunity to Bjork.

DeBrusk I am quickly becoming a big fan of. Brings a 3 zone game and plays physical. He WILL become a fan favourite once he makes it to the show! Just not sure yet if it will be to start this season. He's only 20 and I think another year might be good for him playing big minutes in Providence and playing maybe both special teams to help him excel as a complete player? I think we need to see Bels and Frankie get another shot at 2, 3 LW.

JFK has shown he has what it takes too. I'm just not sure he makes it while Spooner is in the lineup. No sense putting the kid on the 4th line either.

On another note, was good to see Subban have a good game last night. Looked pretty solid!!

Honestly, I'm looking forward to following the Baby B's this year too! Whoever doesn't make the big squad is just going to boost an already really good team down there. Only question mark might be coach Leach (now that Kevin Dean is up with Butch).

Let's Go Bruuuuuins!! Woooooooo!!
Sep. 19, 2017 at 7:30 a.m.
Quoting: PaulDunnill
I have to agree that it's McAvoy. To do what he did at the end of last year (playoffs) is crazy. A rookie making a debut in the most intense games and not looking out of place (plus being offensively productive) takes a special kind of player. His head is on straight too by the sound of his interviews. I don't think you can really compare him to Chara in the way that he is much more offensively gifted, but perhaps not as much a special "Shutdown Guy" that Z was/Is. Carlo might be more of a potential comparison to Chara because of his size. But honestly, no one in the league is as tough as Zdeno.

I have to admit I was not completely sold on Bjork (as you know ON3M4N), but I have been pleasantly surprised and playing with Marchy/Bergy could be a close second to McAvoy!! However, playing with those 2 is a huge bonus for anyone!!! I still think Heinen is "heady" enough to play with those 2 and do well too, but it seems they're so far giving the opportunity to Bjork.

DeBrusk I am quickly becoming a big fan of. Brings a 3 zone game and plays physical. He WILL become a fan favourite once he makes it to the show! Just not sure yet if it will be to start this season. He's only 20 and I think another year might be good for him playing big minutes in Providence and playing maybe both special teams to help him excel as a complete player? I think we need to see Bels and Frankie get another shot at 2, 3 LW.

JFK has shown he has what it takes too. I'm just not sure he makes it while Spooner is in the lineup. No sense putting the kid on the 4th line either.

On another note, was good to see Subban have a good game last night. Looked pretty solid!!

Honestly, I'm looking forward to following the Baby B's this year too! Whoever doesn't make the big squad is just going to boost an already really good team down there. Only question mark might be coach Leach (now that Kevin Dean is up with Butch).

Hope you watched last nights game because Bjork was hands down the best player on the ice. Could have easily ended the night with a pair of goals and looked like a true gamer.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
Quoting: ON3M4N

Hope you watched last nights game because Bjork was hands down the best player on the ice. Could have easily ended the night with a pair of goals and looked like a true gamer.

Yes I did, that's why I'm saying I'm pleasantly surprised. I do, however, take it with a small grain of salt in early preseason when no close version of a final roster hits the ice yet.
Sep. 19, 2017 at 11:45 a.m.

Yes I did, that's why I'm saying I'm pleasantly surprised. I do, however, take it with a small grain of salt in early preseason when no close version of a final roster hits the ice yet.

MTL fielded a more heavily NHL experienced team then I expected. Even still to be arguably the best player on the ice w/ no NHL experience is pretty impressive. I was actually more impressed with his board play and positioning then anything else. I think he'll fit in nicely with how Bergy/Marchy like to play.
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:53 a.m.

MTL fielded a more heavily NHL experienced team then I expected. Even still to be arguably the best player on the ice w/ no NHL experience is pretty impressive. I was actually more impressed with his board play and positioning then anything else. I think he'll fit in nicely with how Bergy/Marchy like to play.

Good things to come for sure!! From several young players!!
Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:20 a.m.
I am going with Bjork. Definitely excited for McAvoy, but yeah after last nights game especially he looks like he will transition better than anticipated. I watched him at Notre Dame for most of the last two years and thought he would be solid after some time in Providence, but he looks too legit to not make the opening day roster.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 9:38 a.m.
Quoting: JP23
I am going with Bjork. Definitely excited for McAvoy, but yeah after last nights game especially he looks like he will transition better than anticipated. I watched him at Notre Dame for most of the last two years and thought he would be solid after some time in Providence, but he looks too legit to not make the opening day roster.

This is why the Bruins will be a better team this year than last and I can't understand why so many people think they will finish way out of the playoffs and even in the bottom 12 in the league???? Am I missing something or are they?
Sep. 20, 2017 at 1:41 p.m.

This is why the Bruins will be a better team this year than last and I can't understand why so many people think they will finish way out of the playoffs and even in the bottom 12 in the league???? Am I missing something or are they?

I think they are probably staring at one of the last playoff spots again, no way they are a basement team. If they don't make the playoffs, I can only assume its because the young guys fade too much down the stretch from a longer season.
Sep. 20, 2017 at 3:17 p.m.

I think they are probably staring at one of the last playoff spots again, no way they are a basement team. If they don't make the playoffs, I can only assume its because the young guys fade too much down the stretch from a longer season.

Ok, that reasoning I can take. I think East conference spots 3 through 10, maybe even 12 will be very close and hard fought down the stretch!! Team health and Trade Deadline acquisitions could make a difference between who makes the playoffs and who doesn't!!
Sep. 26, 2017 at 4:06 p.m.
HockeySen
I say Bjrok, Debrusk, and McAvoy make the team. Bjork looks studly next to Bergy and Marchand. Debrusk would be a good fit with Kreicji and Pasta. JFK needs some time to simmer in Providence. I'm also pretty excited to see what Rob O'Gara can do or if Grzelcyk will make a big jump
Sep. 27, 2017 at 10:51 a.m.
Quoting: HockeySen
I say Bjrok, Debrusk, and McAvoy make the team. Bjork looks studly next to Bergy and Marchand. Debrusk would be a good fit with Kreicji and Pasta. JFK needs some time to simmer in Providence. I'm also pretty excited to see what Rob O'Gara can do or if Grzelcyk will make a big jump

Anyone would look good playing with Bergy and Marchy!!!! I think Bels and Vatrano would also be good fits with Krejci and Pasta, same as line 1. I would like to See O'Gara get a shot. Big kid. However, we are missing Krug, so a Grez would be good because he plays more like Krug. TK will be back soon anyway, he'll throw a cage on and get back out there sooner than later!!
Jan. 21, 2018 at 10:04 a.m.

It's fun to look back at old messages and realize you are right, and everyone else is wrong!!!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit