SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Arizona Coyotes

Why do people still call them the Phoenix Coyotes?

What do you think of the Coyotes as?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Sep. 9, 2017 at 2:48 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I've noticed a lot lately that in a lot of places people still call them the Phoenix Coyotes.
Sep. 10, 2017 at 8:28 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Considering that they don't play in Phoenix, everyone should think of them as the Arizona Coyotes
Sep. 10, 2017 at 8:41 p.m.
Id assume its just a force of habit for some people. They were called the Phoenix Coyotes for 18 years. To be honest, they shouldve changed their name a long time ago. They haven't played in the city of Phoenix since 2003
DragonRaptorHybrid liked this.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 9:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: krakowitz
Considering that they don't play in Phoenix, everyone should think of them as the Arizona Coyotes

i thought they still played in Phoenix ... or at least that area ... they should be known as the arizona coyotes because that's what they're called.
Sep. 11, 2017 at 11:38 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

i thought they still played in Phoenix ... or at least that area ... they should be known as the arizona coyotes because that's what they're called.

They play in the craphole city that is Glendale, about 15 minutes outside of downtown Phoenix. The only thing keeping that city alive is the plaza that has Gila River Arena, University of Phoenix Stadium (NFL's Arizona Cardinals) and this place called Shane's that has the best wings I've ever tasted lmao
Sep. 12, 2017 at 1:29 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

They play in the craphole city that is Glendale, about 15 minutes outside of downtown Phoenix. The only thing keeping that city alive is the plaza that has Gila River Arena, University of Phoenix Stadium (NFL's Arizona Cardinals) and this place called Shane's that has the best wings I've ever tasted lmao

so that's pretty close, they're in that area ...
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Sep. 12, 2017 at 5:43 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
It's like the Islanders when they played further north on Long Island. They didn't live close to New York City but they were still called the New York Islanders.
Sep. 12, 2017 at 11:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: palhal
It's like the Islanders when they played further north on Long Island. They didn't live close to New York City but they were still called the New York Islanders.

New york could be new york state
Sep. 13, 2017 at 12:51 a.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce
Id assume its just a force of habit for some people. They were called the Phoenix Coyotes for 18 years. To be honest, they shouldve changed their name a long time ago. They haven't played in the city of Phoenix since 2003
I mean, that's basically it. they were Phoenix for the longest time, then they became Arizona, but people still forget. it's about as simple as that, really. there's nothing to it.
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Sep. 13, 2017 at 8:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce
I mean, that's basically it. they were Phoenix for the longest time, then they became Arizona, but people still forget. it's about as simple as that, really. there's nothing to it.

that's fair ... but i did when they changed the name ... it's 3 years later now.
Sep. 15, 2017 at 12:01 a.m.
Sensible Commentary

that's fair ... but i did when they changed the name ... it's 3 years later now.
I mean, yes, at this point, hopefully, everyone should have gotten the memo, and I think most people do refer to them as the Arizona Coyotes instead of the Phoenix Coyotes. But it's a force of habit for some, especially media broadcasters and the like who call games or discuss them on TV and may have known the team as the Phoenix Coyotes for longer than they have as the Arizona Coyotes.

the title of this thread asks why people still refer to the Arizona Coyotes as the Phoenix Coyotes, and the question has been answered.
Sep. 15, 2017 at 1:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I mean, yes, at this point, hopefully, everyone should have gotten the memo, and I think most people do refer to them as the Arizona Coyotes instead of the Phoenix Coyotes. But it's a force of habit for some, especially media broadcasters and the like who call games or discuss them on TV and may have known the team as the Phoenix Coyotes for longer than they have as the Arizona Coyotes.

the title of this thread asks why people still refer to the Arizona Coyotes as the Phoenix Coyotes, and the question has been answered.

ok, i guess that's fair.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit