SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Winnipeg Jets

Hypothetical

Aug. 19, 2017 at 5:49 p.m.
Shaf_daddy
Everyone is focused on a Trouba trade on this site. I want to come up with a multi-level situation here.

Let's say the Jets start slow and they decide to can Maurice and Chevy.

1- Who would you replace Chevy with?

2- Who would you replace Maurice with?

3- What would you look for in a return deal for Byfuglien?
Aug. 19, 2017 at 9:48 p.m.
Oh Canada
1 - Chevy gets a fair amount of hate but I think his draft and develop strategy is perfect for our small market, he should stay.
2 - Maurice is on a very short leash, possible replacements could be Quenneville if the internal mess in Chicago doesn't get cleaned up (him and Chevy worked together for years) or Ralph Krueger if the new ownership in Southampton forces him out and he decides to return to hockey (he's from Manitoba)
3 - Honestly something in the same vein as Weber -Subban, moving a more offensive minded older guy to a win now team for a younger puck mover.
shaf_daddy liked this.
Nov. 9, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Quoting: shaf_daddy
Everyone is focused on a Trouba trade on this site. I want to come up with a multi-level situation here.

Let's say the Jets start slow and they decide to can Maurice and Chevy.

1- Who would you replace Chevy with?

2- Who would you replace Maurice with?

3- What would you look for in a return deal for Byfuglien?

Right now things seem to be going well for Jets so I think they will focus more on winning than replacing players... Either way if they are in Post Season spot they can get a better return for any of those players much like Avs just did with their player... I do think Byfuglien will get moved for something whether its picks or young player/asset type deal... Trouba I think they will try to keep since he is a quality right shooting D-man that has a fair amt of potential to be a #1 D-man. Now if Jets don't make Post Season I think they will replace them with a fired coach/GM who is currently under contract whose team failed or faltered...
Nov. 10, 2017 at 7:27 a.m.
Byfuglien is almost untradable with that contract. Would have to get back similar money so what would be the benefit. Many 7m players have ntc or nmcs and you know Winnipeg would be on the list that for a no trade.
why even worry about trouba. if you need him, play him for this year and next two years. if he goes as ufa, teams lose ufas every year. now if want to make a good hockey deal, great, but fans on this site get so concerned about trouba and his contract for really no reason.
no post season....yes there should be firings.
Nov. 12, 2017 at 2:38 a.m.
Quoting: clark
Byfuglien is almost untradable with that contract. Would have to get back similar money so what would be the benefit. Many 7m players have ntc or nmcs and you know Winnipeg would be on the list that for a no trade.
why even worry about trouba. if you need him, play him for this year and next two years. if he goes as ufa, teams lose ufas every year. now if want to make a good hockey deal, great, but fans on this site get so concerned about trouba and his contract for really no reason.
no post season....yes there should be firings.

I wanted the Kings to trade for Trouba smile. I"d even like to see him end up on Vegas if the Jets shipped him out. I'm not worried about it, he could be a bust or injury prone so its not a sure thing even if think can be solid 2nd or 1st pair D-man at worse. Before this season people said Dustin Brown would be impossible to trade without taking his salary or other things... So a team trying to win now might make a deal for him if he managed to get on a hot streak since can play forward/D even screen on PP. I was never a big fan of his, his problem seems to be off the ice eating too much or not staying in shape cardio wise. It wont be easy to trade him though I think it would be possible... If they traded Trouba in that deal or a 3 way or some other player with a higher value it could let them off hook for the money. There always a few bad teams like Coyotes who might take a bad contract or need enough of a cap hit to get to minimal cap like Islanders had Tim Thomas.

Jets just lost a rough game to the Knights so if they can't keep winning it will be a blood bath smile. Wont be easy to make Post Season since expecting Wild along with Chicago to contend... So unless Blues, Nashville, some other teams suddenly drop like a stone it will be really tough to stay in top 8 or place in the 3 spots for their division compared to say Pacific or some others...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll