SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/St. Louis Blues

Offseason Goals

Apr. 12, 2018 at 12:36 p.m.
Kevin T
Looks like Armstrong has his work cut out for him this offseason. We need AT LEAST a top 6 center, top 6 winger, LHD (to replace Bouw/Gunnarson). Also an upgrade in goal would not hurt us. While he needs to move one or two of Berglund, Sobotka, Steen, Gunnarson, Bouw (unlikely due to injury).

Who would your ideal trade targets or UFAs be? Let's assume Tavares picks another team that is closer to cup ready.
Apr. 24, 2018 at 11:23 a.m.
Edited Apr. 24, 2018 at 2:41 p.m.
I don’t see a centerman available unless we resign Stastny for 2@5.5-6 which he might not take. I don’t like the idea of bringing him back because we know how that looks but I also don’t like the idea of trading assets for a guy like ROR. He’s essentially Stastny with a higher cap hit.

I would like to see an upgrade at RW like JVR or Kane but damn they’re gonna be expensive. I like the idea of a Hoffman trade, but we are fairly deep at LW currently.

I would almost bet that Sobotka is for sure going to be moved this offseason. Berglund could get a decent pick in return, but we need him if we dont sign another center. Steen probably won’t allow a trade though. I would move Bouw/Gunnar for just about anything at this point.

Basically I’m glad Armstrong is doing this and not me. As much as a long shot as it is, if JT doesn’t sign here, that puts us 2-3 years farther away from contending. We absolutely cannot trade Thomas. Kid is getting a Bergeron comparison. That’s great news.

As far as the goal situation, I’m one of the 6 people in STL that still believe in Jake, so I’d want to sign a capable backup in free agency and hope Husso can play a few games this year. Hutton will be too expensive so maybe a guy like the Hamburglar could be had for a decent price.

TL;DR
I have no idea.
Pray 4 JT
May 1, 2018 at 1:41 p.m.
Quoting: ab33champ
I don’t see a centerman available unless we resign Stastny for 2@5.5-6 which he might not take. I don’t like the idea of bringing him back because we know how that looks but I also don’t like the idea of trading assets for a guy like ROR. He’s essentially Stastny with a higher cap hit.

I would like to see an upgrade at RW like JVR or Kane but damn they’re gonna be expensive. I like the idea of a Hoffman trade, but we are fairly deep at LW currently.

I would almost bet that Sobotka is for sure going to be moved this offseason. Berglund could get a decent pick in return, but we need him if we dont sign another center. Steen probably won’t allow a trade though. I would move Bouw/Gunnar for just about anything at this point.

Basically I’m glad Armstrong is doing this and not me. As much as a long shot as it is, if JT doesn’t sign here, that puts us 2-3 years farther away from contending. We absolutely cannot trade Thomas. Kid is getting a Bergeron comparison. That’s great news.

As far as the goal situation, I’m one of the 6 people in STL that still believe in Jake, so I’d want to sign a capable backup in free agency and hope Husso can play a few games this year. Hutton will be too expensive so maybe a guy like the Hamburglar could be had for a decent price.

TL;DR
I have no idea.
Pray 4 JT

I'm glad to see someone else sees the same thing i see in ROR. He's a good 2c, but not the guy we need.
Parayko shouldn't be dealt same as Edmundson. This may sound weird, but why not sign Ian Cole? His game has improved drastically, and Hitch will no longer be a problem for him. Cole, Edmundson, Dunn on the left with Petro, Parayko and Schmaltz/Bortuzzo on the right is a decent combo. Might even be able to move Walman (maybe to NJ since they liked him in Binghamton).
I don't have confidence in Allen. If he were a sure thing, he would have done it consistently by now. But then again no one expected Tim Thomas to win a vezina let alone a cup. So who knows.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll