SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

Lol, i can't not laugh

Mar. 15, 2018 at 6:26 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
June 24, 2018, i've read that's when the world is ending.

But really, it isn't. It's hard not to laugh after looking at so many dates people said the exact same thing, when it didn't actually happen. Idk why i find this funny, because it shouldn't be, but it is, because it's so fake. I've seen many things from every year that say the world might end or will end on a particular date. It's been fake too many times for this to be real. I don't even know why i'm posting this here, but it's so funny how many fake rumours there are about this.

So, to bring this to hockey, let's say John Tavares decides to leave the Islanders, well, we'll find out who he signs with on July 1, because the world will still exist.

The funny thing is all the fake rumours from before. When it gets to June 25, people will be talking about the next date, whenever that may be, and then the next once it doesn't happen then.
Mar. 15, 2018 at 6:53 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

But really, it isn't. It's hard not to laugh after looking at so many dates people said the exact same thing, when it didn't actually happen. Idk why i find this funny, because it shouldn't be, but it is, because it's so fake. I've seen many things from every year that say the world might end or will end on a particular date. It's been fake too many times for this to be real. I don't even know why i'm posting this here, but it's so funny how many fake rumours there are about this.

So, to bring this to hockey, let's say John Tavares decides to leave the Islanders, well, we'll find out who he signs with on July 1, because the world will still exist.

The funny thing is all the fake rumours from before. When it gets to June 25, people will be talking about the next date, whenever that may be, and then the next once it doesn't happen then.

if the world does end, it will be your fault for laughing..
Mar. 15, 2018 at 7:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
if the world does end, it will be your fault for laughing..

This isn't the first time that people are saying it won't really happen, people have said that every time. Lol, you have to agree it's kind of funny all these 'the world will end on [whatever date it is they're predicting]' rumours, right?
Mar. 15, 2018 at 10:41 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

In order to appease the desperate fan base (I'm not one), the Leafs acquire the rights to Tavares on June 22. Just so the Cup parade can be planned the Leafs also acquire Eric Karlsson for "futures". Tavares announces he signed with the Leafs on June 23. Leaf Nation goes deliriously crazy, the Cup is finally ours. So what if the world ends, it certainly feels like the Leafs are the last team to win the Cup...ever.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 1:33 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: palhal

So, you see, if it ends, at least the Penguins wouldn't win the cup ... or maybe they would. That would be the worst way for it to end. No Penguins winning the cup ... especially if this is the last cup that'll be won.

But anyway, this forum is for anything unrelated to hockey. About the world ending, yeah, it'll happen on June 24.

Will it really happen? No. Now the question is, why are people saying it will? Answer: To get people talking.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 6:35 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
But anyway, this forum is for anything unrelated to hockey. About the world ending, yeah, it'll happen on June 24.

Will it really happen? No. Now the question is, why are people saying it will? Answer: To get people talking.

Damn, even I was getting feeling that Leafs were going to win the Cup 2019 (at least on paper). If the world isn't ending of June 24, I have to change my plans for the day. I had made an appointment to see my broker and banker to cash in my Registered Retirement Savings Plan, (I think they are K401s in the US). Darn, I was going to have a great three months.
Mar. 16, 2018 at 10:21 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: palhal
Damn, even I was getting feeling that Leafs were going to win the Cup 2019 (at least on paper). If the world isn't ending of June 24, I have to change my plans for the day. I had made an appointment to see my broker and banker to cash in my Registered Retirement Savings Plan, (I think they are K401s in the US). Darn, I was going to have a great three months.

Wait, what???? lol

Edit: Just kidding, i actually think they have a good chance soon.
Apr. 19, 2018 at 1:15 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
So another planet is supposed to run into the Earth and destroy the Earth on Monday (April 23), but the thing is, that planet they're saying will destroy the Earth doesn't even exist. The world was supposed to end on Wednesday, either today or yesterday, depending on the time zone. If we're going by Eastern time, once again wrong.
Apr. 19, 2018 at 10:26 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Ok lol, they got it wrong again. It's the 19th now. lol
Apr. 19, 2018 at 3:24 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Okay, so i keep seeing that this time it's really the end of the world on April 23. I keep seeing that it's REALLY happening this time. But it's not. It was REALLY happening last year, and the year before, and before that, before that, etc. lol. We're gonna wake up on the 24th and these people are gonna be wrong again.
Apr. 19, 2018 at 6:43 p.m.
damn, the jets finally get in playoff and looking good, and then world ends. there is no justice. if money was no object since the world is ending, I wish I had bought premium beer, instead of the cheap swill.
Apr. 20, 2018 at 1:17 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: clark
damn, the jets finally get in playoff and looking good, and then world ends. there is no justice. if money was no object since the world is ending, I wish I had bought premium beer, instead of the cheap swill.

If you're a Jets fan, don't worry, your team will probably go to at least the 2nd round. I think they beat Minnesota. Because Boston's up 3-1 on Toronto in the series and Toronto would have to be really close to winning the cup for the world to end any time soon. But if we get to the Stanley cup final with the Leafs close to winning the cup, that's the sign that it's really gonna happen this year, about a second before the clock runs out and the Leafs win the cup ... so in the end, the Leafs wouldn't actually win the cup, the world ends first.

Yeah, sure, that other planet doesn't exist, but the world wold end in some way if the Leafs were about to win the cup lol. But the Bruins are up 3-1 in that series. But the world is probably gonna end yes ... in billions of years though, i never said any time soon, lol. Idk if you're a Jets fan or not but they're Canadian so they probably won't win the ... never mind, they might. I mean, a Canadian team has to win the cup sometime. All joking aside, the Jets have a decent chance at the cup this year. But this forum is for anything other than hockey, so i should stop talking hockey here lol.
Apr. 21, 2018 at 3:54 p.m.
Go Bruins Go
They said it was supposed to end the 18th of April. Isn’t that the projected date Tilted Towers in Fortnite getting destroyed? Both are wrong lol
Buchnevesey liked this.
Apr. 21, 2018 at 7:44 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: FutureBruinsGM
They said it was supposed to end the 18th of April. Isn’t that the projected date Tilted Towers in Fortnite getting destroyed? Both are wrong lol

Yeah, It was supposed to happen on the 18th, and now again on the 23rd, but it's supposed to happen every year ...
BruinsWillWin2020 liked this.
Apr. 24, 2018 at 2:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Today is the 24th ... wrong again.
Jun. 23, 2018 at 9:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Tomorrow is the 24th lol. Good seeing Ovi and Backstrom finally winning the cup, as they wouldn't have had the chance if they'd lost, cause of the end of the world Sticking Out Tongue
It's too bad Lundqvist won't get that chance though.
Jun. 24, 2018 at 5:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
The world is still here ... but the day is not over yet.
Jun. 25, 2018 at 12:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Okay, it's the 25th. Wrong again.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll