SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

League Standings Predictions

Feb. 17, 2018 at 2:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
1 - Washington (they're only 8 points out of 1st, they really could come ahead of Tampa)
2 - Tampa Bay (JUST behind Washington)
3 - Nashville (Great D, great goalie, and some good forwards too, especially if they add another top 6 winger)
4 - San Jose (Playing great right now, only 7 points out of 4th, and teams like Boston and Vegas could struggle a bit to end the season)
5 - Boston (Might fall off a bit but still a good team)
6 - Vegas (I think they could fall off a bit to tell the truth, but actually has a VERY real chance at the cup)
7 - Toronto (The Leafs should be too good to fall out of the playoffs)
8 - Winnipeg (I'm not so sure they'll end the year as good as they are right now, but they will still make the playoffs)
9 - Dallas (Currently in 8th, San Jose's good finish will move them down one spot)
10 - St. Louis (Same as Dallas, San Jose will finish pretty good and move them down a spot)
11 - Pittsburgh (In 11th right now, i see them finishing there)
12 - NY Islanders (Not just saying this cause i'm an Islanders fan. Just struggling a bit right now and trade deadline moves could help them get in)
13 - Philadelphia (They're really surprising me this year)
14 - Calgary (Don't see a reason why they'd get better or worse, currently in 14th)
15 - Minnesota (Should stay pretty good, they're a good team and won't fall off too much)
16 - New Jersey (It seems like this means they'd fall off, but they're actually 17th right now, i see them finishing about the same)
17 - Los Angeles (Should come close, but i see them just falling out)
18 - Anaheim (Sure, you can tell me all you want how they're gonna finish the season great and make the playoffs, but then their common thing about finishing the season great probably would have happened by now)
19 - NY Rangers (Still a playoff contender, but i don't think they get in)
20 - Columbus (They should come close, but i don't think they're good enough to actually make it)
21 - Chicago (They're done their playoff streak ... they're too low in the standings to get in this year ... i see them ending the season pretty good but IMO they're too far out and too late to make it)
22 - Edmonton (I'm gonna make a big prediction here and say that Edmonton will finish the season great ... though it's too late for them to actually get in)
23 - Carolina (I think they're gonna fall off to end the season ... still a young team)
24 - Colorado (Yes, i said that. Like most years, i see them really struggling to end the season)
25 - Ottawa (I see them playing a bit better, but not enough to make the playoffs)
26 - Detroit (No need to explain)
27 - Montreal (Currently in 26th, will fall back one spot)
28 - Florida (Still going a little bit with my pre-season predictions, should fall off a bit)
29 - Arizona (Will have a good end to the season)
30 - Buffalo (The Sabres should be about the same to end the season as they are now, and they're currently in 30th)
31 - Vancouver (Will once again not have a very good end to the season and will finish last ... they've been known to do that. I know you all think they're better than the Yotes, but no, they're not in my opinion)

Feel free to post your standings predictions!
Feb. 17, 2018 at 3:35 p.m.
Edited Feb. 17, 2018 at 3:50 p.m.
1. Tampa Bay
2. Vegas
3. Boston
4. Smashville
5. Winnipeg
6. Toronto
7. St. Louis
8. Pittsburgh
9. Dallas
10. Washington