SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Ottawa Senators

What's the Fix, Sens Fans?

Is there a fix for this season?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jan. 5, 2018 at 4:59 p.m.
12 - 17 - 9. That's Ottawa's current record. They're coming off of an overtime loss to the Red Wings and facing a fairly hot Sharks team. (21-12-5 & 5-2-3 in their past 10.)

This team has been almost nothing but disappointment since returning from the Sweden Trip. Posting a record of 6-2-5 before Sweden and coming out with a pair of wins. They've shown flashes of the team that made a miracle run to the Conference Finals and were a single goal from the Stanley Cup Finals, but after returning from the Sweden Trip, and acquiring Matt Duchene... It's been almost nothing but disappointment. Ottawa currently sits 9th in the Wild Card standings, only ahead of Buffalo.

Blame it on Matt Duchene, Pierre Dorion, or Guy Boucher. Blame it on Melnyk's comments before the 100 Classic game, or Erik Karlsson saying he wants to be paid fair market value. Ottawa has a solid roster for playoff contention. It's not the Penguins, Capitals, Predators, or Lightning, but surely a team like this should more consistent. A top-six forward core with Duchene, Brassard, Stone, Hoffman, and Ryan. Good depth players in Pageau, Pyatt, Smith, and Dzingel. A top-four defense with Erik Karlsson, Phaneuf, and Ceci. And in net, Craig Anderson and Mike Condon.

So I'll ask: Is there a fix for this team? What is that fix? Are they able to save this season? Should they make more trades, should they not have made some trades? Should there be a change to the Owner, GM, or Coaching Staff?
Jan. 5, 2018 at 5:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I voted maybe, maybe not, though probably not. The only thing that could get them playing better is just playing better. It's as simple as that.
Though i think it's too late now.
Jan. 27, 2018 at 5:16 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I voted maybe, maybe not, though probably not. The only thing that could get them playing better is just playing better. It's as simple as that.
Though i think it's too late now.

No just no

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit