SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

terrible trade

Created by: Tdogg90
Published: May 17 at 10:01 a.m.
Salary Cap: $87,700,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the Anaheim DucksAnaheim Ducks

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
McGinn, BrockAnaheim DucksIR-$2,735,215011---0000--
Luneau, TristanWaivers ExemptAnaheim DucksLoan-$0011---0000--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Anaheim DucksANA)---100------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Marner, MitchellToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$10,844,382011---0000--
Hirvonen, RoniWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsMinor-$0011---0000--
Kressler, BraedenWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsJunior-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$33,005,8331634454911
Change-$8,109,167111-100
Final$24,896,666 (↓)17 (↑)35 (↑)46 (↑)3 (↓)911000

Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsToronto Maple Leafs

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Marner, MitchellToronto Maple LeafsNHL-$10,844,382011---0000--
Hirvonen, RoniWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsMinor-$0011---0000--
Kressler, BraedenWaivers ExemptToronto Maple LeafsJunior-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
McGinn, BrockAnaheim DucksIR-$2,735,215011---0000--
Luneau, TristanWaivers ExemptAnaheim DucksLoan-$0011---0000--
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Anaheim DucksANA)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$18,530,3331633452111
Change$8,109,167-1-1-1100
Final$26,639,500 (↑)15 (↓)32 (↓)44 (↓)3 (↑)111000
May 17 at 10:25 a.m.
Yes it is! More like ‘horrific trade’ I’d say

There’s no world where Anaheim is trading 3OA for a MM rental

Anaheim doesn’t want MM unless it’s McGinn for Marner
GiggywithGibby liked this.
May 17 at 10:32 a.m.
Goggles86
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Yes it is! More like ‘horrific trade’ I’d say

There’s no world where Anaheim is trading 3OA for a MM rental

Anaheim doesn’t want MM unless it’s McGinn for Marner

To be fair, Marner is worth way more than any single pick, as he is already established as the guy you hope any pick might become. And it has to be assumed by anyone who knows hockey that a Marner trade would come with an extension attached. I dont think anyone believe any team is taking Marner as a rental. Marner would not waive to be rental. And obviously the Leafs are not trading Marner for an old UFA player who never plays full seasons of hockey. The 3OA pick plus is a reasonable price for Marner with and extension attached. Problem is, ANA doesnt really have any valueable plus's lol Leaf want D and they dont have any that they would want
May 17 at 9:39 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited May 17 at 9:48 p.m.
Quoting: svfsdv
To be fair, Marner is worth way more than any single pick, as he is already established as the guy you hope any pick might become. And it has to be assumed by anyone who knows hockey that a Marner trade would come with an extension attached. I dont think anyone believe any team is taking Marner as a rental. Marner would not waive to be rental. And obviously the Leafs are not trading Marner for an old UFA player who never plays full seasons of hockey. The 3OA pick plus is a reasonable price for Marner with and extension attached. Problem is, ANA doesnt really have any valueable plus's lol Leaf want D and they dont have any that they would want

He's shown he can't run his own line when it matters most, but he demands to be compensated like a guy who can, and he refuses to change his game when it isn't working, and can't elevate himself when he needs to.

Now, the question is, had Mitch been drafted by a different team, would he be paid his worth instead of overpaid, and thus not be a problem for his team? Hard to know, but at his salary, Ducks aren't going to touch him.
GeneralLandro liked this.
May 17 at 9:56 p.m.
Just win Baby
I could see Zegras+ for Marner
May 21 at 7:43 a.m.
Goggles86
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
He's shown he can't run his own line when it matters most, but he demands to be compensated like a guy who can, and he refuses to change his game when it isn't working, and can't elevate himself when he needs to.

Now, the question is, had Mitch been drafted by a different team, would he be paid his worth instead of overpaid, and thus not be a problem for his team? Hard to know, but at his salary, Ducks aren't going to touch him.

Still not getting it huh? He doesnt have a current salary. He is on the last year of his deal If what you are saying is true, whoever gets him can sign him to whatever amount they think is fair. We will see what that amount turns out to be. Hopefully you will be here ready to man up and admit you are wrong when that happens. But I doubt it.
May 21 at 11:21 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Still not getting it huh? He doesnt have a current salary. He is on the last year of his deal If what you are saying is true, whoever gets him can sign him to whatever amount they think is fair. We will see what that amount turns out to be. Hopefully you will be here ready to man up and admit you are wrong when that happens. But I doubt it.

His current salary at just shy of 11 million is overpaid by about two million, and the problem is, Dubas gave him a full NMC his last two seasons, so Mitchy boy holds all the cards in negotiations. He doesn't get the salary he wants, he walks himself to the UFA market.

So no, there's nothing for me to be wrong about unless whoever signs his next deal gets him to take 9 instead of 12, and the chances of that happening I reckon are as good as Toronto winning the cup with the core 4 intact.
May 21 at 11:47 a.m.
Goggles86
His current salary at just shy of 11 million is overpaid by about two million, and the problem is, Dubas gave him a full NMC his last two seasons, so Mitchy boy holds all the cards in negotiations. He doesn't get the salary he wants, he walks himself to the UFA market.

So no, there's nothing for me to be wrong about unless whoever signs his next deal gets him to take 9 instead of 12, and the chances of that happening I reckon are as good as Toronto winning the cup with the core 4 intact.

Thats made 0 sense. You are walking it back now? First he is overpaid and nobody wants him. Now he will get a raise in free agency from another team? Total contradiction of yourself lololol Whatever his next contract is, that team will have decided to voluntarily pay him whatever amount it is for. Which means the teams in the league disagree with your assessment of him and hes not overpaid as you say. When that time comes, Ill be waiting here for you to admit he isn't overpaid. But again. I doubt you will be.
May 21 at 12:00 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited May 21 at 12:11 p.m.
Thats made 0 sense. You are walking it back now? First he is overpaid and nobody wants him. Now he will get a raise in free agency from another team? Total contradiction of yourself lololol Whatever his next contract is, that team will have decided to voluntarily pay him whatever amount it is for. Which means the teams in the league disagree with your assessment of him and hes not overpaid as you say. When that time comes, Ill be waiting here for you to admit he isn't overpaid. But again. I doubt you will be.

I'm not walking **** back, I'm laying out the facts. He's worth 9, he wants 12, he has all the leverage when it comes to negotiations. I'm not saying he gets a raise going to UFA I'm saying if he doesn't get the contract he wants from the team who holds his rights, he goes to UFA seeking the best contract possible.

By your frankly terrible assessment Huberdeau is worth his contract, and no one's going to argue that he is.
May 21 at 12:40 p.m.
Goggles86
I'm not walking **** back, I'm laying out the facts. He's worth 9, he wants 12, he has all the leverage when it comes to negotiations. I'm not saying he gets a raise going to UFA I'm saying if he doesn't get the contract he wants from the team who holds his rights, he goes to UFA seeking the best contract possible.

By your frankly terrible assessment Huberdeau is worth his contract, and no one's going to argue that he is.

We aren't talking about Huberdeau. We are talking about a 27 year old soon to UFA named Mitch Marner. If you are right. He will not get what he is looking for. If you are wrong. He will. First its was wah wah wah he isnt worth a first round pick. Then, wah wah wah cant run his own line and nobody wants him for his current price. Now its wah wah wah he is going to get a raise as a UFA? lol Give it up man. Its one thing to over value a pick or undervalue a player. But to then go an contradict yourself immediately after? lol Anyways. Good luck.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll