2024 with Trades

2024 with Trades

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Renegade_H
Published: May 17 at 9:10 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
2Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-TRADE: MTL moves 5 and 27 for 3 and 59. Trade chart favors ANA but thats the price for Demidov.
4Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-TRADE: ANA selects Parekh to replace Drysdale.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-They are sad Parekh was taken, but will roll the die with Yak to pair with Sanderson.
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-They run to the podium to select Dickinson
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-TRADE: Flyers trade 12 and 51 to CGY. Flyers grab their desperately needed Center for the future.
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-May be seen as a little early but moving Hughes to wing and selecting a big Center is useful.
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Skinner replacement. Somehow Buffalo keeps getting lucky.
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-TRADE: Originally, CGY moves back to justify taking Jiricek, a RHD they really need. Then Iginla fell to them soooooo they cannot say no.
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsSJ won the draft.
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
17Logo of the Washington Capitals-
18Logo of the New York Islanders-
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Bury this kid in the city of sin. He will be traded once his off ice issues die down.
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston Bruins
27Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsTRADE: ANA Acquires from MTL.
28Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
29Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
30Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida Panthers
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-You know this guy is gonna be a superstar since Dallas scouting drafted him
32Logo of the New York Rangers-
May 17 at 10:05 a.m.
I like Yakemchuk, but Ottawa's probably better served just going for a 1/2/3 LD side with Sanderson/Dickinson/Kleven. Or swing on a scorer like Iginla. I think the gap between Yak and Dickinson is too big to ignore in favour of handedness. If Ottawa leaves the 1st round with Dickinson and Mews, you probably feel pretty damn good about your blueline's future long term.
Renegade_H liked this.
May 17 at 10:16 a.m.
Snowhawk
I don’t see Greentree being a fit for the Hawks at 20. Two areas of emphasis the Hawks have placed on drafting the past couple of years are competitiveness and skating which are the two biggest points of concern with Greentree. I would rather see the Hawks use that pick on Michael Hagenbut to be honest I don’t think he will be available.
May 17 at 10:26 a.m.
Thats a super reach for sacha.... If Buium or any Dman fall teams will trade with NJ, keep in mind NJ might be stupid and trade the 10th pick for Ullmark,Markstrom(not worth it even at 50%). Saros isnt getting moved RN and Trading with the Wild will be the best option if Batton or Tij are gone before 10.
May 17 at 10:27 a.m.
Quoting: Snowhawk18
I don’t see Greentree being a fit for the Hawks at 20. Two areas of emphasis the Hawks have placed on drafting the past couple of years are competitiveness and skating which are the two biggest points of concern with Greentree. I would rather see the Hawks use that pick on Michael Hagenbut to be honest I don’t think he will be available.

I think he'll go in the late teens to early 20s so he could be.
Snowhawk18 liked this.
May 17 at 10:32 a.m.
Flyers
Quoting: TyeZerker
Thats a super reach for sacha.... If Buium or any Dman fall teams will trade with NJ, keep in mind NJ might be stupid and trade the 10th pick for Ullmark,Markstrom(not worth it even at 50%). Saros isnt getting moved RN and Trading with the Wild will be the best option if Batton or Tij are gone before 10.

I said it was a reach. Well aware, but I know some Devil fans are convinced Hughes belongs on wing. Sizeable Center was needed.

Also, I messed up towards bottom. If CGY desperately needs a RHD, they will be taking Mews or Emery.
May 17 at 11:21 a.m.
Like this for the ducks, If Levshunov gets taken at 2 the best move would be to trade back for a RHD as you stated.
Renegade_H liked this.
May 17 at 12:08 p.m.
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I like Yakemchuk, but Ottawa's probably better served just going for a 1/2/3 LD side with Sanderson/Dickinson/Kleven. Or swing on a scorer like Iginla. I think the gap between Yak and Dickinson is too big to ignore in favour of handedness. If Ottawa leaves the 1st round with Dickinson and Mews, you probably feel pretty damn good about your blueline's future long term.

I love the fit of Dickinson in Ottawa. Would give us flexibility to move Chychrun. Now we just gotta trade for Bonk lmao
May 17 at 12:17 p.m.
Quoting: Renegade_H
I said it was a reach. Well aware, but I know some Devil fans are convinced Hughes belongs on wing. Sizeable Center was needed.

Also, I messed up towards bottom. If CGY desperately needs a RHD, they will be taking Mews or Emery.

Hughes may lineup on wing for some faceoffs…but he 100% plays center and will stay there. Cannot take away open ice from him.
May 17 at 2:20 p.m.
Quoting: GDubb2Shiesty
I love the fit of Dickinson in Ottawa. Would give us flexibility to move Chychrun. Now we just gotta trade for Bonk lmao

Bonk would be a beautiful add for Ottawa, but it won't happen til he's closer to UFA status. He'll come one day though.

Also they already have the flexibility to move Chychrun tbh. They're gonna move him for sure.
May 17 at 2:24 p.m.
I'm not sure why you're suggesting the Ducks are getting the better of things in that trade. The Athletic's pick values have them exactly equal, but teams moving up generally overpay by about 10-20%. I'd expect if the trade were going to happen it would be 5+27ish for 3 which is the lower end of that (an 11.76% overpay), the Habs potentially throw in something additional.

The other move-up is in a similar range...12+51 for 9 is an 11.11% overpay, I'd expect the Flyers need to throw in a bit more. This is especially true because I suspect the Sharks would bid against them..14+33 would be a 22.22% overpay, if the Flames think the player they're targeting will still be available at 14 they probably take that. Of course if the Sharks knew Buium would still be there at 14 they wouldn't bother with the trade.
May 17 at 5:08 p.m.
The Flames probably won't trade away their top 10 draft pick even if Tij is available because they probably would take him at 9th and I wouldn't be surprised if we also decide to to trade away Markstrom and Vancouver's 1st for NJ's 10th and take Catton as well because the flames also need centers.
May 18 at 5:26 p.m.
Quoting: Heinzey
Like this for the ducks, If Levshunov gets taken at 2 the best move would be to trade back for a RHD as you stated.

When hearing Habs GM Kent Hughes, he seems to want either Demidov, Lindstrom or Iginla. If Chicago picks a D, I believe he may decide to stay out at 5 and wait for the available forward (most likely Iginla), and then try to package the 27th pick, along with other substantial assets, and move up to around 15 to try and snatch Sennecke (which I believe will be gone by then...)

Just a random opinion

Cheers

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll