SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Jets acquire Andersson v3

Created by: HighlightrEhlers
Published: May 16 at 10:03 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 42/192 (22%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Andersson, RasmusCalgary FlamesNHL-$995,313011---7893039--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Iafallo, AlexWinnipeg JetsNHL-$875,000011---82111627--
Heinola, VilleWaivers ExemptWinnipeg JetsMinor-$0011---0000--
Lucius, ChazWaivers ExemptWinnipeg JetsMinor-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,469,2732346645910
Change$120,313022000
Final$1,589,586 (↑)2348 (↑)66 (↑)59102-14-12

Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWinnipeg Jets

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Iafallo, AlexWinnipeg JetsNHL-$875,000011---82111627--
Heinola, VilleWaivers ExemptWinnipeg JetsMinor-$0011---0000--
Lucius, ChazWaivers ExemptWinnipeg JetsMinor-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Andersson, RasmusCalgary FlamesNHL-$995,313011---7893039--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$390,8992746602410
Change-$120,3130-2-2000
Final$270,586 (↓)2744 (↓)58 (↓)2410-21412
Yes or No?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 16 at 10:33 p.m.
Calgary says no. The only thing of interest in there is Lucius.
May 16 at 10:36 p.m.
Edited May 17 at 1:47 a.m.
Cap change is nearly equal

Edit: Add a pick swap:
WPG: CGY 5th round pick
CGY: MTL 2nd round pick

Flames:

Alex Iafallo: Can play on any line. Great defensive winger, okay offense. Can play 1st line minutes in a pinch. Penalty kill and net front on Powerplay. Weaknesses: not much, maybe poor offense for stretches.

Ville Heinola: 2019 mid 1st round pick, projected to be an offensive top 4 D. Made the Jets top 6 out of training camp before an injury.
Strengths: Skating, defensive and offensive awareness, dynamic, good on power play.
Weaknesses: Small, ambitious plays

Chaz Lucius: 2021 mid 1st round pick. Top 6 upside, likely NHL player by 2025 if healthy. Fast, dynamic skill, has an injury history.

Jets:

Rasmus Andersson: Will become the Jets best RD, 2-way, very team friendly contract with 3 more years, which is why the acquisition cost is steep.
Flames fans fill me in on the strengths and weaknesses?

Quoting: Augustus
Andersson, when on his game, can be really sneaky good offensively, exits the D zone well, skates reasonably well, and defends well, more of an all-around first pairing guy, certainly not on the level of Makar or Heiskanen, or Morrissey, but, say, John Carlson comparable, without the power play of Ovi, Backstrom, Oshie and Kuznetsov of years past to pad his assist stats (if you account and adjust for age). Perhaps prime years Tyson Barrie with the overall defensive part figured out, and a little less of a power play QB than Barrie or Carlson were.

What I see as potential weaknesses is that he seems to have these streaks where he gets frustrated and his game suffers, sometimes you can see it on his face. When things aren't going well he can tend to pout a little bit instead of stepping up and taking a game over
May 16 at 10:37 p.m.
Edited May 16 at 10:43 p.m.
Quoting: MoxNix
Calgary says no. The only thing of interest in there is Lucius.

Not interested in Ville Heinola and Iafallo?

Heinola would fit in nice on Calgary's 3rd or 2nd pair.

Iafallo on 4RW and fill in on any line during injury.

I added in heinola because I figured he was an upgrade over Ryan Johnson, and Iafallo an upgrade on a 3rd round pick.
May 16 at 10:50 p.m.
Edited May 16 at 11:00 p.m.
Quoting: HighlightrEhlers
Not interested in Ville Heinola and Iafallo?

Heinola would fit in nice on Calgary's 3rd or 2nd pair.

Iafallo on 4RW and fill in on any line during injury.

No, for multiple reasons but the big one is 2 things Calgary really doesn't need more of are left shot D prospects/tweeners/3rd pair guys and left shot wingers especially not an older pending UFA like Iafallo.

Take a look at Calgary's depth at LD. It's ridiculous how many they have now they'll almost certainly wind up waiving or trading at least a few of them before next season starts.

Heinola is a tweener. He might win a spot as the 6th/7th D but we already have plenty of players and prospects to compete for those spots most of them are left shots too.

Iafallo is a decent bottom 6 winger but he's a 30 year old pending UFA. He'd just be blocking one of the many young forwards Calgary has in the system. There's a good chance we'll be moving Mangiapane to make room for prospects as it is.
May 16 at 10:58 p.m.
No, for multiple reasons but the big one is 2 things Calgary really doesn't need more of are left shot D prospects/tweeners/3rd pair guys and left shot wingers especially not an older pending UFA like Iafallo.

Take a look at Calgary's depth at LD. It's ridiculous how many they have now they'll almost certainly wind up waiving or trading at least a few of them before next season starts.

Iafallo is a decent bottom 6 winger but he's a 30 year old pending UFA. He'd just be blocking one of the many young forwards Calgary has in the system.

Would a 1st and 3rd round pick + Lucius work? or what combination of draft picks/prospects on top of Lucius and MTL's second?
May 16 at 11:03 p.m.
Edited May 16 at 11:16 p.m.
Would a 1st and 3rd round pick + Lucius work? or what combination of draft picks/prospects on top of Lucius and MTL's second?

If they're trading Andersson they probably want a pretty good young roster player with some size as part of the return.

Don't forget there's talk of Calgary moving to the central division next year which would make Winnipeg a divisional rival. Personally I don't like that idea at all but it has a lot of momentum around the league. IMO they should keep Vancouver, edmonton, Seattle and Calgary in the same division. They already have some of the worst travel schedules in the league. Moving one of them to another division would make it worse for the 3 remaining teams. Calgary would have the absolute worst travel schedule in the entire league with Winnipeg at 1,332.9 km away being the Central Division team that's closest to Calgary.
May 16 at 11:17 p.m.
If they're trading Andersson they probably want a pretty good young roster player with some size as part of the return.

Don't forget there's talk of Calgary moving to the central division next year which would make Winnipeg a divisional rival either.

Would Jacob Julien fit that mold? was over ppg on the best team in the OHL. said to be a raw prospect, but pretty big.
May 16 at 11:19 p.m.
Would Jacob Julien fit that mold? was over ppg on the best team in the OHL

Hard to say, maybe but I don't know anything about him other than what I looked up on hockeydb just now.
May 16 at 11:24 p.m.
Hard to say, maybe but I don't know anything about him other than what I looked up on hockeydb just now.

Same here. I'm assuming he's around a late 2nd round pick in terms of value.
May 16 at 11:30 p.m.

How about David Gustafsson? Large Center, defensive and checking forward, played in Winnipeg's 4th line in the playoffs.
May 17 at 2:01 a.m.
Edited May 17 at 2:08 a.m.

Don't forget there's talk of Calgary moving to the central division next year which would make Winnipeg a divisional rival. Personally I don't like that idea at all but it has a lot of momentum around the league. IMO they should keep Vancouver, edmonton, Seattle and Calgary in the same division. They already have some of the worst travel schedules in the league. Moving one of them to another division would make it worse for the 3 remaining teams. Calgary would have the absolute worst travel schedule in the entire league with Winnipeg at 1,332.9 km away being the Central Division team that's closest to Calgary.

Yeah I can't imagine how that's getting any traction.... not only would the travel be horrendous for Calgary, but essentially taking away the Battle of Alberta from the playoffs unless Calgary miraculously gets the correct wild card spot with Edmonton winning the Pacific would be a stupid, stupid move. But I doubt Bettman gives a **** about that, they're Canadian teams.

Why the hell can't Utah stay in their division? They just moved further east but Bettman wants to fellatio the new owner by giving his team an easier travel schedule? F***ing ridiculous.

Edit: my geography clearly sucks, Salt Lake is pretty much due north of Phoenix, but Utah is still better suited to play in a division with those other south central American teams than Calgary is. Calgary to Nashville: 2,728km .... Salt Lake City to Nashville: 2,242km by plane ..... Calgary to Dallas: 2,471km ... Salt Lake City to Dallas: 1,609km by plane
MoxNix liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit